If we recoupe RW money?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we recoupe RW money??

InMyChambers

Sniper
Reaction score
I'm curious, if we try and recoupe as much money from him as we can would we would lose his contractual rights? Meaning, I'm sure by taking money back from him it will really piss him off and if he ever wanted to come back he wouldn't come back to miami. So, say we take back the money and he retires and all that and 2 years from now he decides he wants back in. Will we still have his rights or will he be considered a FA?

InMyChambers said:
I'm curious, if we try and recoupe as much money from him as we can would we would lose his contractual rights? Meaning, I'm sure by taking money back from him it will really piss him off and if he ever wanted to come back he wouldn't come back to miami. So, say we take back the money and he retires and all that and 2 years from now he decides he wants back in. Will we still have his rights or will he be considered a FA?
If Ricky doesn't have a change of heart soon then I cant see him ever coming back. You know if he did come back they would test him and I'm sure it would be dirty. That's a 3rd violation which means suspension. We should just say goodbye:www: to him and move on. Minor and whoever else we get will get us through. We will have our RB problem answered in the next 2 years and he would be an even bigger risk if he came back to us out of retirement. We made the playoffs before Ricky got here and I feel more confident with our current offense then 2-3 years ago. We should fine him the money and cut all ties w/ him. BTW....my name is Rob and I'm a westcoast Phin fan from California. I'll be in Frisco Nov. 28th representing. Anyhow, hope I get to meet a lot of you other Dolphin fans.

InMyChambers said:

Without being privy to the actual contract details a good assumption would be once money is repaid at least any repaid year would be void. In Barry Sanders case he owed the signing bonus plus interest for any year he didn't report.

Ricky's contract runs through 2006 so if he was to lose in arbitration and paid the signing bonus back for years 2004 and 2005 theoretically he would still be the Dolphins property for 2006.

If Ricky would win in arbitration because the Dolphins didn't pay the signing bonus then they would still have his rights for three years when he came back.

To answer the next probable question I do think Ricky could negotiate a sum to buy out his contract. I don't know if the Dolphins would be vindictive and tell him no, play for us or no one.

Ricky is under contract until 2006. Even if we sue to recoup some of the money he is still contractually obligated to us.

Back
Top Bottom