If we want to make a run this year, 4 of the next 5 is a must!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by rainmaker1313, Oct 8, 2012.

1. rainmaker1313

rainmaker1313 A True Fan Donator

Rams at Home (not an easy game, but we have them at home, we need it)

Bye

@ Jets ( We need to pay them back, we cannot get swept period! )

@ Indy ( After they beat Packers, they I earned my respect, but we can and should beat them)

Tennessee at Home ( at home we should win this, of course it isn't a gimme, no game really is)

@ Buffalo (They are giving up many yards, we need to have an offensive field day)

If we go 4-1 that puts us at 6-4 and in the real thick of things with a tougher last 6 games. I think they Pats series is Huge and we need to split with Seahawks and 49ers.

If you look at the AFC, it is very conceivable you can get a wild-card with a 9-7 record.

2. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

Yep, but I think all five are winnable, it might be too much too ask for, but not impossible, the way this team is playing.

3. Smith21

Smith21 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Schedule is looking good, the Indy game should get some hype now that Tanne has done enough where analysts have to start talking positive about him.

Hopefully we go 5-0.. at worse I see 3-2..

4. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins

5. chrispepper

chrispepper Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure if the rams are good yet. They were playing in the dome against a dome with which the blueprint for beating them had been provided a week earlier. At home I like our chances. The jets with all the injuries HAS to be a win, if we lose that we can forget any talks of meaningful december games. The only game that concerns me there is indianapolis especially considering it's at lucas oil, but it's still a winnable game. 4-1 atleast has to be the target.

6. HarryBagpipe

HarryBagpipe Archibald Meatpants Super Donator Donator

One game at a time

7. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

No gimme games there but I think the Indy game will be the toughest. I can see the Fins winning at least 3 of 5 if they continue playing as well each game. Over the course of the first 5 weeks you can see this team developing and their confidence growing.

8. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Rams are definitely a team that can be beaten with the Dolphins at home. Especially with their top WR out. They should struggle badly to throw the ball on us.

I feel good about the Dolphins chances this week and going into the bye at 3-3 with a two game winning streak would be a big boost.

9. WesternNYDolfan

WesternNYDolfan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I say we'll be 6-3 heading into Buffalo on Thursday Night.....I will be there and I can't wait to scream my lungs off and probably end up getting in a fight as the Fins go 7-3. I'm rolling with a ton of Fin fans, so hopefully there's strength in numbers and we don't get jumped lol

10. SiScotty83

SiScotty83 Well-Known Member

I can see us at least having a shot at winning the next 5 but winning in the NFL is not an easy thing to do, regardless of how you go.

In truth, I'm not overly concerned with our record this year anyway, just enjoying the ride. Next season, when we sign some weapons, is when the excitement really starts IMO.

11. hoops

hoops exited stage left

we can definitely run off 4 out of 5...toughest game i see is at indy...i don't know if we can make a playoff run at this stage but i do think we are gonna finish with a winning record...this team just has a different feel this year...a confidence...and they overcome things like two tough ot losses...and every week we've gotten max effort which is a real tribute the coaching staff...the guys have come to play...

and the qbs damn good also...didn't think i'd ever be able to say that...

12. Valbon8

Valbon8 Phins Up!

I honestly expect us to win all 5. If there's one game we were to lose, I would say its at Indy. They played tough against the Packers.

Follow me on Twitter @vlatifi

13. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

Tennessee has trap game written all over it. We should be coming off big wins against the Rams, Jets, and possibly a hard fought win against the Colts. Tennessee on paper should be good enough to stomp us...but they arent.

For the life of me i cant figure that team out. They had a good game plan going into the Vikings game. Their main concern was stopping the behind-the-line passes to Harvin(averaging an absurd +8 yards per play on that pass). They planned for it, practiced for it, set up their defense for it...and just couldnt tackle him. Its like a microcosm of that team. Despite burning first rounders on talented wideouts, and going after pass rushers and guards in free agency, they cant run block, catch, or rush the passer.

14. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Tennessee has given up 30 points or more in every game this season, I believe. They are awful right now. And Chris Johnson looks like rotten garbage.

15. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

Again, for the life of me i cant figure them out. You are what your record says you are, but i have a hard time seeing them going 1-15 or something roughly as bad.

We will hopefully be coming off several wins and Tennessee does have talent. Hence, trap game.

16. WVDolphan

WVDolphan A True Fan

Have to beat the Rams at home, Jests wherever, Titans are terrible gotta beat them at home, and the Bills wherever. Those 4 we gotta have. We win those and were in decent shape. The Colts game should be pretty tough.

Had we beaten the Jests when we shouldve, we would be sitting pretty right now.

17. natesdad

natesdad Member

Agreed and even the Seattle game is winnable. If we win 5 of those 6 before playing the Pats at home we should be in very good shape.

No matter what happens this season, I feel like I am more happy about the direction of the team than I have been in years.

18. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

I am not one to look back and think about one or two plays going differently because all teams could say that. But ****, 2 FGs and we are 4-1. SMH

19. rainmaker1313

rainmaker1313 A True Fan Donator

Thats weird man, I dont play the game, I dont need to play one game at a time

20. Ed Norton

Ed Norton Scout Team

It's the Philbin/Tannehill era, no more crowning New England AFC East champs in October! I guess it's crazy but I'm not giving up hope on the division just yet. I hate the Patriots from the bottom of my heart and no matter how big a favorite I can't stand the thought of them winning yet another division title. The defense doesn't have to exacly stop Tom Brady, they only have to make more plays than New England's defense can against Tannehill.

Right now my main concern is seeing them get past the Rams, I think we can all agree that's a pretty reasonable expectation.

21. Djavelin

Djavelin Head Dolphin In This Pod Donator

Go into the Bye at 3-3. I feel like the Indy game is the one we have to watch out for. If we need to win. No matter what. If we could be 6-4 or 7-3 , I would be going crazy. I wish we were 4-1 right now.

22. CRAZYDOLFAN305

CRAZYDOLFAN305 We Are Still Going To The SB

That's for the players, we are fans we can look ahead as much as we want. lol

23. Mike8272

Mike8272 Active Member

Our next five games are winnable for sure, and our division is wide open. The Bills look to be imploding, and the Jets issues at QB will hinder them. So if we manage to pull that off five straight wins, which is a HUGE ask, we'd be 5-3 and it would be strong position going in to a tough run of games. At this time, I'd say our chances of making the play offs are better than they were at the start of this season, but I still think it will be a big ask for this team.

If we do it, then the Jets and Bills need to take a long look at themselves for managing to finish behind us; especially the Bills and their favourable schedule.