If you asked 100 casual fans.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you asked 100 casual fans..

dramaMEAN

Rookie
Reaction score
If you asked 100 casual fans who the coach of the Miami Dolphins was.. how many would say Bill Parcells?

It's funny....One of my customers just referred to him as our coach. I had to correct him.

95 or so %. well, it depends exactly what u mean by "casual fans".

Yea, the press makes him look like our HC. I often think he is as well. Most casual fans who wouldn't say Parcells probably wouldn't say Sparano.

They would say Nick Saban probably

Casual fans are not die hard fans. People who read this board daily (o.k. almost daily) are not casual fans. I had an argument with a so called fan a couple of days ago. I asked him, "if you are a fan of the Phins, then who's the head coach?" I answer is I received was Bill Parcells. That is when I informed him that he is not a fan.

So true, there is a difference in being a fan and liking football and/or a team.

most ordinary fans who watch about 30 min of the game say they watch casually, and then there team goes to the playoffs and all of a sudden they are hardcore FANS. those people make me laugh, i had so may people back in college and home acted taht way before the pats were any good. No one gave 2 ****s about them then all of a sudden they were wanna be experts.

95 or so %. well, it depends exactly what u mean by "casual fans".

Casual fans are pretty much the antithesis of what we are at Finheaven. We pretty much live and breathe Dolphins football 24/7, 365. Whereas the casual fan starts caring when the season begins, and once the season ends doesn't really care about what happens in the offseason. For them, when football season is over, it's over. Any information that they may run across in the offseason comes from ESPN, and they usually treat it as gospel. They have a very basic and limited knowledge of the team. For example, if you asked them to name the Dolphins long snapper, they usually say one of two things: "Who?" and the other being "what's a long snapper?"

Anyways, probably 93% of casual fans would say that Bill Parcells is our head coach.

Right when i read this I asked my friend sitting next to me who the Dolphin's coach was and right away he said Bill Parcells lol

Hell most people on this board see Sparano as just a puppet(I hope he is not) with Parcells making all the decisions. We always hear what Parcells likes without regard to sparano.

thanks for participating in my thread.. i wasnt sure how it wa going to go over.. but its true.. everytime i talk to somebody about the fins it drives me crazy.. i have people telling me they think the phins will win 10-12 games this year.. and when i ask why they say, cuz parcells the coach, blah blah blah.. lol

personally, i think we will win around 6 or so games.. but id love to be wrong and win 8-10... lmao

Back
Top Bottom