If you disagree with the Dolphin's picks, post yours here | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you disagree with the Dolphin's picks, post yours here

BlueUndertow

Active Roster
Reaction score
If you disagree with how the Dolphins are making selections, post your picks here. Can be any player that is where the Dolphins pick.

My picks so far would be:

1-22 : Reuben Foster LB
2-54: Jordan Willis DE
3-97: Dorian Johnson OG

I don't absolutely hate the Dolphins picks, but I'd rather have picked more 3-down players that I feel have more upside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foster has medical and self control issues. The collective wisdom of the league would seem to agree that he was too much of a risk to squander s first on. But be that as it may..the front office brainiacs should have taken Atlanta's offer, grabbed Lamp - one of the few sure things and would have done more damage in the 3rd round.

Foster has medical and self control issues. The collective wisdom of the league would seem to agree that he was too much of a risk to squander s first on. But be that as it may..the front office brainiacs should have taken Atlanta's offer, grabbed Lamp - one of the few sure things and would have done more damage in the 3rd round.

Yeah it's obvious now that Foster has more medical concerns than originally publicized. The shoulder and concussions were common knowledge to most, which is enough concern on its own, but then you heard rumors about a knee, the shoulder maybe needing another procedure, the failed drug test, the argument with the medical staff......that's a lot to disregard. No matter how much tape you watch, you can't evaluate the medical and person through a TV or computer screen....and it plays such an important role in today's evaluations.

This is all fairly accurate to be honest. However, in addition to some of that, Foster's agent is apparently very difficult to deal with. Even Saban made the recommendation to Foster that he needed to make a change and have someone else represent him. Wouldn't listen.

Hell on wheels when it's time to strap it up though.

I obviously don't have the medical to consider...so...

ROUND 1) Rueben Foster (if his medical was bad the below)
B) TJ Watt

Round 2) Jordan Willis

Round 3) Cordrea Tankersly

So I feel meh so far...I really hope gase is giving his stamp of approval before we choose players. I don't trust Grier and his staff evaluating talent. Time will tell if our draft class will be solid. I hope so..

I obviously don't have the medical to consider...so...

ROUND 1) Rueben Foster (if his medical was bad the below)
B) TJ Watt

Round 2) Jordan Willis

Round 3) Cordrea Tankersly

Foster is dumb as an ox, can't even complete a full sentence when talking , that said he is very talented. A **** load of red flags but I would of taken him.

The way it fell, I would have preferred Lamp at 22, or taken the offer too trade down
Very happy with McMillan.
Kpassngog in the 3rd.

And picked up the extras from Atlanta.

The way it fell, I would have preferred Lamp at 22, or taken the offer too trade down
Very happy with McMillan.
Kpassngog in the 3rd.

And picked up the extras from Atlanta.

Kpassagnon went late in the 2nd. Actually selected before Willis.

Yeah I think a lot of people around here were much higher on Willis than scouts in the NFL were.

I'm going to beat a dead horse here, but that trade for Carroo last year was absolute garbage. An extra third and fourth would have done a lot of good. And imagine if we traded back to get additional ammo. That'd be a lot of young talent added to the roster.

I will say this, I think Miami learned its lesson last year with trading future picks because the team stuck to its original picks without overcomplicating things.

Our front 7 got a lot better with Harris and McMillan. Also means we don't have to completely rely on Misi to be healthy. A linebacking corps of Alonso-Timmons-McMillan/Misi is much better than Hewitt-Alonso-Butler.

Based on how things fell, my dream draft would have been:
T White CB LSU
J Willis DE KST
D Johnson G Pitt

I'm pretty happy with our draft though, I wasn't really a fan of the Tankersly pick, but he has some good tools, so he may end up being something.

Back
Top Bottom