IF you had to choose ONE WR...WHO would it be?

Discussion in 'Finheaven Frontpage Polls' started by Phinfan31, Apr 14, 2015.

?

Which WR if you could only choose ONE?

Poll closed May 1, 2015.
  1. Amari Cooper

184 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. Kevin White

65 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Devante Parker

41 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Jaelen Strong

4 vote(s)
    1.2%
  5. Breshad Perriman

10 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Phillip Dorsett

15 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. Rashad Greene

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  8. Dorial Green-Beckham

14 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. Devin Smith

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Nelson Agholor

10 vote(s)
    2.9%
  11. Sammie Coates

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Devin Funchess

2 vote(s)
    0.6%
  1. Phinfan31

Phinfan31 A True Fan Donator

- If the Dolphins were 100% certain going to draft a WR, who would you want it to be??

- Many people will probably select Amari Cooper by shear talent...but I remind them the cost to trade up. I think there can be arguments made for other WR's.
    .......................................................................................................................................................................................................

As for me, I pick Phillip Dorsett This is why:

I love that he has grown up here, this is home. He has bled here. He has always trained here and is used to the humidity. Hes has never gotten in trouble here and so its obviously a good environment for him. He is surrounded by family and friends. This will all translate to and advantage to transitioning to the pros. Plus it would be fulfilling his dream - hes a Dolphins fan. He will replace Mike Wallace just fine. It doesn't hurt that he can run a 4.25 40 either. Thats enticing. He appears to have excellent work ethic. As you can tell I am a Seminoles fan. But I grew up a Dolphins fan first...so I can ignore the tie to the U.

This would be my pick even though the Amari Cooper is tempting...I just think we can do other things with our 1st and Phillip Dorsett would replace Mike Wallace just fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
  2. dannysc305

dannysc305 Well-Known Member

Amari Cooper grew up here too. Went to Miami Northwestern with Bridgewater

3. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

its amari cooper hands down. the dude is ready day one. fits this offense to a tee.

btw, I am just realizing this. I was never one to push for a WR, but clearly there is nothing to worry about with this guy.

4. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

obviously cooper if I had to pick one, but im not sure id trade up for any wr with our roster gaps

5. Phinfan31

Phinfan31 A True Fan Donator

I actually didn't know that...wow. Makes me suddenly like Cooper even more. Points made for him I understand...but I still prefer Phillip Dorsett.

Perhaps its just the little kid in me - that wished I could play in the NFL one day, and also how cool it would be to represent home. I am rooting for him. It would be a cool story if he turns out to be a special Phin.

6. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Perriman at 14 if I had to pick a receiver. Not moving up. I do like some of the receivers that could be there in the 2nd round, however. Some of these receivers that could go in the 2nd round...Coates, DGB or Agholor are very interesting.

7. zach8111

zach8111 Pro Bowler

If I had to pick between all the WRs without considering the compensation of possibly having to trade up its obvious if go with cooper.

8. MARINO1384

MARINO1384 Pro Bowler

I like dorsett but id go with him only if the big 3 arent there at 14. Then i take a corner at 14 as Grimes is getting older and might be released next year. Id dont think wr is as big of a problem as people think. Id be comfortable going into the season with landry, stills, matthews and cameron. Worse case we pick up a free agent wr like jennings, nicks. Anything else besides that is just an extra coating of sugar. Cb is more of a concern not only now but in the future. Our only sure talent will be 33 next year year and making around 9 million. Atleast at wr we have young guys that have shown potential for the present and future, something i cant say about cb.

9. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

If Perriman is there he has the highest upside of all these receivers, his drop problem is way overrated and you would not have to give up picks to snag him.

10. hoops

hoops exited stage left

for miami specifically

cooper
    white
    parker
    green
    perriman
    lockett
    mcbride/lewis

the only other one i got to decide on is nelson agholar who could slot in before or after lockett i suspect but i havent gotten far enough into his tape...

these are the only top 4 round pick wrs on my board...the last 2 are projects

with stills here smith and dorsett came off my board...

11. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Why no Dorsett?

12. hoops

hoops exited stage left

cause i think his role is what stills is here for...same for devin smith

for me their value when you have a high end slot is #3 wr...and that's the way i'd look at it

13. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

White.

All we have to do is start some convincing drug rumors so he falls to #14

14. Fintastic2124

Fintastic2124 A True Fan

I guess I'll start. I saw kevin white snorting coke off of a toilet seat in a buffalo wild wings in Charlotte last month.

15. Albert Romano

Albert Romano Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Yes lets get the rumor mill going that White has been doing White stuff so he slips to 14!

16. PyroDOLFAN

PyroDOLFAN Seasoned Veteran Donator

I feel like Laundry could top this class, I was excited about the receivers last year...this years class is just underwhelming. I don't think any of them would go in the first round last year.

17. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Finheaven VIP Donator

... The only White thing about Kevin was the powder under his nose when I ran into him at the club this past weekend.

18. hammond47

hammond47 Well-Known Member

1. Cooper (pipe dream, with the trade up)
    2. Parker (over White. I wouldn't want to trade up for White, and I think Parker will be the better receiver in the pros anyway. Great route runner, can get deep, great hands, great red zone target. Exactly what this team has been needing).
    3. Dorsett - Assuming we would be taking him round 2

And as an aside, I don't think we will trade up. I'm pretty terrified Minnesota or Cleveland will end up taking Parker.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
  19. SunsPhinsfan03

SunsPhinsfan03 A True Fan

If its BPA Its Cooper, but I'm not a fan of giving up What it would cost (a future 1st plus more?) to get up into the top 3 and ahead of Oakland. I choose Jalen Strong, because I like him, but also I am a fan of trading back and collecting a 3rd back. Strong is someone I saw play a few times this yr and came away impressed. I'd try to trade back into the high 20's and take him, but if they traded back and took Kendricks and waited on WR until Day 2 I'd be fine with that as well.

20. SunsPhinsfan03

SunsPhinsfan03 A True Fan

Sammie Coats, as an Auburn fan, would be Nice. He is a big play guy. Rd 3 and I'm taking him.

21. crumpdaddy

crumpdaddy Scout Team Finheaven VIP

i live near charlotte myself, i think i was there too fintastic. he was doing it during the rousey ufc ppv if i remember correctly. so packed guess he figured he could sneek in unnoticed. guess we were the only ones that had broken the sill.

but wr if we go first round pick, i want to trade down and get DGB if we HAVE to pick a wr in the first round. im hoping hes boom over bust. but my desired choice for about 2-3 years now is i want the fins to pick up justin hardy out of ecu. i think he's a landry clone with his hands and routes and it plays into tannehills strengths. if not him maybe jamison crowder out of Duke. a local boy out of my hometown of monroe nc. think hes projected as as possible late 2nd early 3rd, hardy is projected 3rd

22. nando03

nando03 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I think the real question here is how high is each person willing to go to get a WR assuming that is the pick. That would be a totally different Poll.

23. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP

Depending on the cost, Cooper. I like White, but Cooper is really the only one I'd be willing to move up to get unless White falls to within reach (not altogether out of the question). If we did move down and landed that coveted, all-powerful 3rd round pick, the ASU homer in me would like Strong, who would immediately make our redzone offense better, especially if Cameron stays healthy.

At 14, I'd be happy with Parker (among several other potential picks in other positions at that spot).

You asked for one, I gave you three/sorta four. :lol:

24. Salsatime

Salsatime Well-Known Member

I don't think a lot of people voting here have seen Kevin White play in an actual game. Amari Cooper is understandable but anybody voting for another WR outside of White or Cooper is nuts.

25. hoops

hoops exited stage left

you could talk me into sammie coates in round 4 but you couldn't talk me into that in the first 2 days of the draft...

26. FSU Truth

FSU Truth inside my DNA Finheaven VIP

Trae Waynes

27. Fintastic17

Fintastic17 A True Fan

Cooper hands down. He's ready right now to contribute in the pro's. I was absolutely in LOVE with Dorsett in round 2 before we traded for Stills. Like Hoops, I believe it was him, I took Dorsett off my board as well after the trade, Stills brings the same thing to the table. Smith still intrigues me for some reason.

Also, I saw Kevin White at Chucky Cheese doing lines in between Skee Ball rounds. He's a washed up drunk, who does coke too.

28. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

At the beginning of the off season, I felt that the 2nd round would have plenty of options for us at WR, but now, post combine with the hype machine rolling for playmakers, I think this will be another very heavy top 40 for WRs. I wouldn't be surprised at all if 7 or 8 wide outs are picked by the time we select at 47. Dorsett and Coates may be there, but I'd be shocked if DGB or Agholor are.
    At this point, I'm rooting for us to trade down into the 20s, pick up another 2nd and target a guy like Agholor at the bottom of round 1.

29. Tannenbombs

Tannenbombs FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Amari Cooper has the best skill-set of any WR I have ever evaluated and I would not be the least bit shocked if he ends up as the best receiver in the league. Day One, he is an All-Pro WR.

30. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

I think Devin Smith is getting overlooked by a lot of people. He's a deep ball receiver, but he's also 6'0 and has good hands. I think there are a number of good receivers in the draft, but I think Smith could have as much of an impact on a team as any of the receivers that go ahead of him. I think at worse he becomes a Torrey Smith or Miles Austin type of player.

31. Gonzo

Or a Kenny Stills type player.

32. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

If I get one WR it's White. He does all the stuff Cooper can do but is a better physical specimen.

33. Al13

Al13 Don´t mess with Clint

you like him so much that you can't even spell his name right....jeeks man, this is a player from your team....

34. Gonzo

You failed to capitalize the beginning of your sentences, a basic concept in both English and German. Further, you were a little heavy on the ellipses with unnecessary extra periods and incorrectly used the word "jeeks," unless you were discussing geocaching.

35. FSU Truth

FSU Truth inside my DNA Finheaven VIP

Check out these Laundry highlights...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

36. Vol&dolfan

Vol&dolfan Starter

I don't think Parker is gonna be there at 14 so I'd go with Perriman in a trade down.

37. Tannenbombs

I'd give up #14, a 2016 1st, and a 4th this year for Cooper. Rare true #1 wide receiver that can anchor your passing game. Dominant at all three levels and in the red zone. Don't be shocked when he's better than Odell Beckham.

38. SCOTTY

SCOTTY Well-Known Member

White all the way. I watched every WVU game last year. He is a beast. Will be considered one of the best WR in the NFL by the end of the season.

39. Tannenbombs

Amari carved you guys up pretty good. I love Kevin White, but he's not better than Amari Cooper.

40. WVUBOB

WVUBOB Well-Known Member Donator

White , (I deny homerism)........because of the huge upside, came in as a raw JUCO transfer,
    esssentially played one season, showed the talent to be a top 10 pick in the draft

While nothing is certain, going forward you have to assume the man has not come near
    his full potential.

At the NFL level.......experience & upcoaching in technique, route running etc ( WVU not a haven for position coaches)
    going to make him a force to be reckened with