If You Were Brady's Lawyer... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If You Were Brady's Lawyer...

What would your strategy of defense be?

DrearyAbleEarthworm.gif

As someone speculated -- I can't remember who -- Brady's legal strategy will not be designed to vacate the suspension in terms of his refusal to cooperate, but to get the NFL to admit it has no direct, conclusive evidence that Brady cheated. If they admit that and keep the suspension -- or most of it -- I think there's a good chance Brady will be satisfied with that result. He'd prefer to play, obviously, but he's smart enough to know the NFL's will cannot be bent completely back.

The main thing now is the damage to his legacy, which rests on the judgment of the league that, at least in NFL terms, he should be wearing an orange jumper and chains. Getting the NFL to admit the relative lack of hard proof of cheating would be the "yeah but" to the "yeah buts" now forming about his greatness.

It's a competition now, over that point. And never count out an ultimate competitor like Brady. The bastard.

What would your strategy of defense be?

You have to exploit that there is only circumstantial evidence and that no texts were received saying he wanted Balls below legal limits.
They can counter and say you did not provide texts but you are not required to incriminate yourself. It would also matter what info that Brady gave you.
If he admits that some texts were damaging then you have to be prepared. Also the NFL has proven that have a very flawed ball handling system and that they basically have a faulty control process.
I would ask the NFL to produce records of their testing process and we know very well even in this case good record were not kept.
I would also state that yes Brady likes his pressure at the very minimum of standards and that anything beyond that is pure misinterpretation of Brady's words.
The pressure is on them to prove that he did tamper or ask the equipment guy to tamper after the fact with the balls.
I would also try to put the texts into some proper context or at least a context that makes any sense.

Oh my.....

Dude should get out of dodge before he is tarred and feathered

Yee's best defense is to get the hell away from NE and Tom - that might actually save his life from those fans - he has butchered this - Tom is out of his mind - had he just said he did it he would have kept his legacy got a slap on the wrist - and he would still be sleeping with gislelle

If I was Shady's lawyer...

I would **** him over so bad. :evilmod:

You have to exploit that there is only circumstantial evidence and that no texts were received saying he wanted Balls below legal limits.
They can counter and say you did not provide texts but you are not required to incriminate yourself. It would also matter what info that Brady gave you.
If he admits that some texts were damaging then you have to be prepared. Also the NFL has proven that have a very flawed ball handling system and that they basically have a faulty control process.
I would ask the NFL to produce records of their testing process and we know very well even in this case good record were not kept.
I would also state that yes Brady likes his pressure at the very minimum of standards and that anything beyond that is pure misinterpretation of Brady's words.
The pressure is on them to prove that he did tamper or ask the equipment guy to tamper after the fact with the balls.
I would also try to put the texts into some proper context or at least a context that makes any sense.

Nothing needs to be proven. This is not a criminal court. It's based on a preponderance of the eveidence. The NFL has that.

I would advise him to take it like a man.....quit lying.....because that is doing more to damage his legacy than anything.

No one....and I mean no one....believes the ball boy did it without direction from above...namely Brady.

The way I perceive these texts.....the ball boy was tired of doing this without significant compensation from Brady...and was threatning the equipment manager with going public(ESPN)...and threatning to over-inflate the balls if Tom didn't come thru with adequate compensation.

The ball boy refered to himself as the " deflator" long before the playoff game

Nothing needs to be proven. This is not a criminal court. It's based on a preponderance of the eveidence. The NFL has that.

no guarantee another party would see it that way, just answered the question as it was asked

In the beginning he should have just said "yeah I like the ball as soft as legally possible and thats what I tell my ball boy..." the cover up made them all look ridiculous

[video=youtube;Zx40udwQvZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx40udwQvZI[/video]

no guarantee another party would see it that way, just answered the question as it was asked

If another party reads that report and doesn't see it that way, then that other party is severely lacking in common sense and rationality. It's rather easy to deduce what went on here.

all excellent points

Goodell is hearing the appeal and has the owners support according to sources - soooooooo get out of dodge Yee, you will be the most hated man in NE for your bad advice

Back
Top Bottom