If you were older than 4, where were you in Oct 1984 when... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If you were older than 4, where were you in Oct 1984 when...

herecmsZACH54

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dan Marino trotted on the field for the first time and proceeded to throw 3 tds in a brilliant comeback effort that came up just short.

I was a sophomore in college at our apartment with my 2 other room-mates watching the game, and I remember saying out loud, "who in the hell is this guy?" :fire: Then after the 3rd td, I said oh my god, I am not worthy.. :eek:

The next 17 years were just something I didn't appreciate as much as I should of , but I appreciate it more the further father time takes me along. :D

LONG LIVE THE BEST NFL QUARTERBACK EVER TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!

herecmsZACH54 said:
Dan Marino trotted on the field for the first time and proceeded to throw 3 tds in a brilliant comeback effort that came up just short.

I was a sophomore in college at our apartment with my 2 other room-mates watching the game, and I remember saying out loud, "who in the hell is this guy?" :fire: Then after the 3rd td, I said oh my god, I am not worthy.. :eek:

The next 17 years were just something I didn't appreciate as much as I should of , but I appreciate it more the further father time takes me along. :D

LONG LIVE THE BEST NFL QUARTERBACK EVER TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!

i was twelve years old playing tag football out on the street.

I was living in Clearwater Fla on Clearwater beach, I was 17 years old. I had my own apt. and working two jobs. I had a couple of neighbors we all watched the game upstairs at their place. We had no idea we were watching the first game of the all time greatest QB of all time. I know all the bonehead SB's are all that matter fans will give the honor to Joe Montana or someone else with SB rings, but SB wins are gotten from TEAM play not indaviduals, and we are talikng GREATEST QB not teams and if you look at Marinos stats he's the best. I don't feel I took Marino and what we as fans had for granted, I just think there are players on every team other fans envy and Marino was ours.

Lol,

Yes it was 1983 against the raiders.

We went 12-4 that year and lost to Seattle in the playoffs.

In 1983? I was 6 (though I turned 7 that November!). I was already a Dolphan though. Actually I didn't get to watch that game for family reasons.

Actually, I remember him back in 83 on the sidelines...and I recall saying the exact same thing...

"who the hell is this guy??" for those of you that weren't around...1984 was the most magical, most amazing year in Dolphin history!

As for Marino...he was just unstoppable...

It was 1983 and I was in the Navy and glad Dan was going to get in there, I was as sick of Woodley as I am Fiedler.

Unfortunately I was only 1 year old. But for all of you all that saw that game live, I bet it must have been the best excitment in NFL history. I get excited seeing Dan on sportscentury when they show his career history. I wish I would have gone to any of his games and unfortunately there will never be another Dan.

I was 5 years old when my family ran away from the nation then called Czechoslovakia. We were waiting in Austria, as we were refugees waiting to get into Canada.

I had no idea what american football was at that time.

it was 83 and he had 2, not 3 td's in that game at the raiders.All the same he was the greatest and btw, I was working at the polinisian hotel in disney world at the time.

Ozzy rules!!

Junior year of high school, I was more than likely at a local restaurant and lounge watching games on a huge satellite dish.

Back
Top Bottom