I'm Happy....How about you? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Happy....How about you?

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Well I'm happy finally to see a Dolphin team that can play as a team....act like a team....and with each game played showing progress.
When was the last time we had our 2nd's and 3rd stringers out play anybody? When was the last time we had a true chance to have a QB that could lead the Dolphins to victory? When was the last time we had a Rookie QB that played well enough that he could take over if our starting QB fell. When was the last time our defense played not only well at pass protection...but played the run well also.

Are they a great team...no...but surely alot better than we have had the last decade...and that brings hope...real hope!

The process has begun...it will go on for the next few years...and we will all see improvement...and thats something to be happy about!

GO PHINS!

You hit on all points...

I have to agree that I've noticed progress with each game. It's been forever since that has happened on a consistent basis. Finally, we have 2nd and 3rd stringers that actually outplay the other teams benchwarmers too.

Parcells' philosophy is to build the team from the bottom on up, it looks like he's off to a good start.

Happy as well. Until we start losing I fully expect the Dolphins to win the Superbowl. I'm a bit of an optimist.

I think preseason is to tricky to judge with half the players not making the roster,starters not playing full time, and teams running vanilla plays to disguise their hands. I think that we have a good coaching staff and they will evetually get things in order. I think our success this season will be determined by health because alot of our key players seem to be battling past nagging injuries:pennington(shoulder), Porter(back,knee),Bell(achilles), Hill(knee),Brown(knee),Ricky(has played a full season in a while). I think if these guys hold up through the season we got a shot at being competitive.

Definitely--for the first time in years, we can really see this franchise is going forward. The best part is that we are putting pieces in place so that when we reach the top, we'll stay for their for long time.

Can't help but agree!. I've seen some real encouraging things this pre-season. We've got the right tools to build a great team. Optimism based on results beats just being hopeful with little hope!.

Go Fins!

Well I'm happy finally to see a Dolphin team that can play as a team....act like a team....and with each game played showing progress.
When was the last time we had our 2nd's and 3rd stringers out play anybody? When was the last time we had a true chance to have a QB that could lead the Dolphins to victory? When was the last time we had a Rookie QB that played well enough that he could take over if our starting QB fell. When was the last time our defense played not only well at pass protection...but played the run well also.

Are they a great team...no...but surely alot better than we have had the last decade...and that brings hope...real hope!

The process has begun...it will go on for the next few years...and we will all see improvement...and thats something to be happy about!

GO PHINS!
+1 :kick::woot:

Run the ball,stop the run.....The first two things to build a
winning football team.

I'm happy also, the fins just need to keep the front office and coaching staff in-place for an extended period of time and the SB will be there.

GO PHINS!

Great points FishyPete! To see you, of all people get excited about the team makes me think that we may have something here. :woot:

I haven't always agreed with your viewpoints, but I have to respect your "show me" attitude. I remember how you were quite critical of Saban and Cameron when they were coaching this team. Unfortunately, you were right when you didn't buy into their hype. It's a positive sign that you're buying into this regime and I can proudly say I'm in total agreement with you on this one. :up:

That said, I just love the energy level of this team. One thing that's very encouraging is the fact that this team has shown improvement in every game this preseason. I think the coaches are also doing a fantastic job so far - Sparano actually looks and acts like a head coach and he seems (from what I've read) to have that fine balance of hard nosed discipline and teaching ability.

I'm going to mark a long term prediction....Home Field Advantage at the Super Bowl is about to collide with history here shortly.

Back
Top Bottom