I'm Just A Bit Stunned | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Just A Bit Stunned

Definitely need to make sure in the next year or two we have replacements for Sitton and Kilgore, but at least now we aren't penciling in some 3rd day rookie or a guy with 30 minutes of playing time as a starter.

Change is always difficult especially when dealing with fan favorite players, I like what Gase is doing right now with his offense, but remember, don't ignore the defense, we still need a FS and more importantly a LB which I would love to see us pick up in round 1. These moves IMO, have Gase written all over them, let's see what the new season brings.

Moving Pouncey had a huge message. Before that release occurred the majority of us felt nothing had really changed as we still retained an aging, high-injury risk, with poor leadership (I think he has made some poor choices). It felt as if Gase had blinders to some of his "preferred" players. The release speaks volumes. It is about team and it is about smart hard working players who can stay on the field. There are a few others that could be booted but you can only clean up so much in 1 year. At least the majority of the bloated contracts are gone.
Last thing I read is that the team asked Pouncey to take a 50% pay cut and he refused so they released him. He would probably still be on the team if he had accepted the pay cut.

Last thing I read is that the team asked Pouncey to take a 50% pay cut and he refused so they released him. He would probably still be on the team if he had accepted the pay cut.

That may be true, but trimming the fat was necessary. Pouncey was not worth his bloated contract and I still believe he is high injury risk. I think the chances of him playing all 16 games again is 10%.

Here we are in the wee hours of Friday morning 3/16/18 and I am in shock. I have watched this team bumble and slog ever since they lost that Play Off game to the Steelers. Honestly, they have done little that one would say makes great sense or shows a clear vision or semblance of a plan.

But, now, they have swooped into FA not in a big, stupid way but in a pretty damn smart way, picking and choosing the right kind of players to fit into what they are trying to do. What they're trying to do has become crystal clear: get rid of every bloated player and every bloated contract, or as many as they can, and move forward with younger, cheaper options. They will build a Football team, the key word is team.

• Let's take a look at the NEW OFFENSIVE LINE, what????? really???? YES, really. The weakest link has been Pouncey imo and finally he and his fat paycheck are out of here. Pouncey is replaced by Daniel Kilgore from the 49ers. This is a better player for less money and less ego, I like it. Next, the Dolphin's sign 4 time Pro Bowl Guard, Josh Sitton to come in and solidify things at the Guard position. This has been a long time coming. I feel the hand of Gase behind all of this, he and the FO are working very well together right now. Tunsil, Sitton and Kilgore from left to right. Ju'ann James being resigned was a good move imo, there were teams out there ready to throw big money at him. We were aggressive and managed to hold on to a former #1 pick, we have our bookend tackles. 1 Guard spot is open, at the moment it would appear that Larsen or Davis will man that spot. I think more help is coming through the draft but there is a starting 5 and some good depth for a change. The idea is to protect Tannehill as well as provide him with a quality ground attack which is vital to a play action QB like RT. It's still a work in progress but I haven't felt this good about our o-line in ages.
  • On offense they still need a back up QB, another RB, a Tight End, maybe another Guard. I would consider double dipping at TE in this draft depending how it falls. Stop trying to bring in injured veterans to play TE, from Keller to Cameron to Thomas, it just isn't working. Draft Gesiki and/ or Fumagali, there are 3 or 4 others.
I guess I'm finally getting a glimpse at what Gase and team are trying to do. It's a bold plan and I think people are not going to be laughing at the Dolphins for very long. I was super angry to see Landry go but Amandola and Wilson plus a pick is good business. This draft is huge coming up. If we come away with a #2 QB, a RB and a TE the offense should be in pretty good shape. DON'T FORGET TIGHT END!!!!!!!!!!!!!! New England comes to town with Gronk, we need to have a Gronk of our own. Gesiki is 6'7" and has a great vertical leap. He would be a sensational pick in round #2, he'll be a star for us.

Very well said.

I did change my tune and I do feel better about things, much better. Much has changed in just a few short days and I'm stunned, like I said, but in a very good way. I feel like Gase and Company kicked some ***!!!!

The only move I didn't like was not retaining Parkey way before he could of sniffed FA/the bears big offer.

That onsides kick of his was deadly...forget about him just being consistent, or that you can feel confident with him in pressure time, or when he had to kick a 50+ yard FG. Losing him really hurt.

Back
Top Bottom