I'm like this kid...Brandon London..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm like this kid...Brandon London.....

mia4ever

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I like this kid...Brandon London.....

http://www.news-press.com/article/20081109/SPORTS/811090398/1075

When he caught his first NFL pass two weeks ago, Brandon London flipped the ball back to the referee rather than saving it as a memento.

He has something a little bigger in mind.

"I'm waiting on that first touchdown ball," the Miami Dolphins wide receiver said. "I'm going to frame it. I'm going to probably sleep with it ... name it — everything. Because it's been a long road for me to even be in this position.

"I'm just waiting for it to come. It's going to come pretty soon. Hopefully, sooner than later."

London, who's seen a recent increase in playing time, will get his next chance today, when Miami (4-4) hosts the Seattle Seahawks (2-6) at 1 p.m. at Dolphin Stadium.

"He just keeps getting better and better," said quarterback Chad Pennington. "... The one thing that Brandon brings to the table is his intensity. He gets so fired up and emotional about his teammates making big plays. It's not just about him, it's about his team.

"You love to have guys like that, that enjoy playing the game, that want to get in there and want to make something happen."

Undrafted out of the University of Massachusetts, the 6-foot-4, 210-pound London spent the 2007 season on the New York Giants practice squad.
Determined to make the roster in 2008, he said he gave up partying to become a gym rat, but the Giants cut him Aug. 30.
The Dolphins claimed London off waivers the next day, more so because of his ability on special teams than as a receiver.
That appeared to be the right call early on as London admittedly was double-catching balls, or dropping them all together.
But with help from teammates Greg Camarillo and Ted Ginn Jr., as well as the work put in by receivers coach Karl Dorrell, London slowly began getting more acclimated.
The more at home he felt, the more plays he started making … and then came his trash talking.
“Sometimes, I don’t shut up during practice,” London said. “I get in a zone and I’m out there beating them. … I remember a couple of weeks ago, I made a nice catch in the end zone, came back and put the ball in front of the defense’s face. They told me they better not see me again and they were head-hunting me for the rest of practice.”
A trash-talking wide receiver is bound to get the attention of his defense, which has a few talkers itself. But what safety Renaldo Hill likes is the fact that London can back it up.
“I like B-Lon,” Hill said. “The way he approaches his practice, you see it in the game. He’s full tilt. He runs every route hard, even when he was doing scout team work. He believes he’s going to make a play every time he’s out there, and you can see when he doesn’t get the ball, he’s frustrated. He wants the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm like this kid...Brandon London...."

Is it your intensity, your improving hands, that you sleep with a football, your trash-talking??? Exactly HOW are you like Brandon London???

J/K.. good article thanks.:up:

i like his intensity but usually weaknesses rear their ugly head during pressure situations, lets hope the kid holds onto the ball when he gets his limited oppurtunities. it would expedite his confidence

He going to "name it" :sidelol: If he is going to get his 1st TD catch of the season, this game would be the best one as Seattle is ranked 31st in pass defense

Brandon London > Ernest Wilford

SO FUNNY! I was going to type that, verbatim.

I take a younger guy with more upside coupled with DETERMINATION. That is what turns what people call camp fodder into (gulp) Wes Welker, or Greg Camarillo.

Man, maybe we can make a living off some more Giants / Chargers castoffs. The jury is still out on Brandon London, but he seems to have a presence. That was a great effort on the out-of-bounds touchdown catch. Let's hope he keeps improving. How funny would it be if our receiving corps was our strength by the end of the season?

He is so intense, I went to the Broncos game and he even looked exited to be on kickoff. He's happy to block and do the dirty work receivers don't want to. He deserves more time.

SO FUNNY! I was going to type that, verbatim.

I take a younger guy with more upside coupled with DETERMINATION. That is what turns what people call camp fodder into (gulp) Wes Welker, or Greg Camarillo.

Man, maybe we can make a living off some more Giants / Chargers castoffs. The jury is still out on Brandon London, but he seems to have a presence. That was a great effort on the out-of-bounds touchdown catch. Let's hope he keeps improving. How funny would it be if our receiving corps was our strength by the end of the season?
I know! I still love when he was yelling at Phillip Rivers to get off the field during the San Diego game.

I really liked the part where it says TGJ and Cam have been pulling him aside at practice and working with him on cathing. Thats just shows how our team is a team and not a bunch of players out there for themselves.:hi5:

Back
Top Bottom