I'm more worry about our o-line than about our QB.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm more worry about our o-line than about our QB....

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I've always supported Tannehill and hate that he's hurt but we must move on. Bringing Cutler in is not what I had in mind but now he's our QB and I'm rooting for him to do well. It'd be dumb not to root for him. When I look at our offense I see all the weapons(Stills,Parker,Laundry,Ajayi, Drake and Thomas and I believe Cutler is very capable of having a good year with those guys.
What I'm worry about is our o-line. I like Tunsil but he is in his first year as a full time LT in the NFL. Pouncey is our starting center and perhaps our best lineman when healthy but he's not really healthy. If he was he would be able to practice. I know Gase wants him healthy and he's worry about him getting hurt in practice but the games will be even harder so if you can't make it thru practice how is he going to make it thru real games? Our RG was rated as the worst RG in the NFL last year and we don't even know who will start at LG. I know many people here are worry about the QB position but the o-line is our weakest link at this point imo

Ozzy rules!!

It all depends on the health of Pouncey. IF Pouncey remains healthy, this oline can be very good as a unit. But if he misses significant time again, the line and the entire team will suffer. No player is more important to our success this year than Pouncey imo. With him, we can lean on a punishing ground attack, and his ability to pull from the center position is second to none. Without him, our run game will struggle, and so will our team/season. We really need Pouncey right now. I'm starting to believe the true reason for success in Gase's system is a punishing ground attack, in an otherwise soft, pass happy league.

It all depends on the health of Pouncey. IF Pouncey remains healthy, this oline can be very good as a unit. But if he misses significant time again, the line and the entire team will suffer. No player is more important to our success this year than Pouncey imo. With him, we can lean on a punishing ground attack, and his ability to pull from the center position is second to none. Without him, our run game will struggle, and so will our team/season. We really need Pouncey right now. I'm starting to believe the true reason for success in Gase's system is a punishing ground attack, in an otherwise soft, pass happy league.
But even if he stays healthy, not practicing hurts the line. What every coach and player always talk about when it comes to the o-line? Staying healthy AND practicing together. Trust me, him staying healthy would go a long way but we still have probably the worst pair of starting guards in the NFL, at least on paper. I hope they prove me worng.

Ozzy rules!!

But even if he stays healthy, not practicing hurts the line. What every coach and player always talk about when it comes to the o-line? Staying healthy AND practicing together. Trust me, him staying healthy would go a long way but we still have probably the worst pair of starting guards in the NFL, at least on paper. I hope they prove me worng.

Ozzy rules!!

We might have the worst pair of starting guards, but we improved the overall depth and talent of this line this off-season. Last year with Pouncey out, we still had success running the ball because J-Train is that good. If Pouncey can miraculously stay healthy, there's no reason to think Ajayi and company won't have an even better year this year, and that's saying a lot. I just read though that Larsen could go on IR, that's a big problem. Why are we always hurt?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!

No.

No it would not be nice to have a player taken in the 2nd round over a polished pass rusher with double digit sack potential.

Second round relative to a late first round project. Time will tell I guess but I wasn't a fan of the pick.

I agree and this has been our biggest issue since Tanne came into the league!

I agree and this has been our biggest issue since Tanne came into the league!
you're right. I've always wonder how much better Tannehill could have been by now if he hadn't been running for his life for so long. They did a little better on pass protection last year but they were still inconsistent. I'm hoping the line will be better but at this point I just don't know.

Ozzy rules!!

I'm not sure I would call Harris a project. He has all the makings of having an impactful first year.

Back
Top Bottom