"I'm Ron Burgundy???" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I'm Ron Burgundy???"

StormSurge

Practice Squad
Reaction score
No, but I figured I had to be a little creative to garner some attention.

I'm not really "new" here, just new in the "active" sense. I registered back in 2004 when Reggie Roby passed away. Now I'm looking to move on from some other forums I've frequented & take a step up in class. I figured by hanging out with fellow Dolphins fans, it would be a good start.

I've been a Dolphins fan as long as I can remember. I do remember watching SB XVII decked out in full Dolphins gear & going crazy when Fulton Walker broke free.

My love for the Dolphins exploded when Marino & the Marks Brothers burst on the scene. I remember walking home from school in 6th grade the Friday before SB XIX & putting fliers under people's windshield wipers, urging them to root for the Dolphins. A lot of good that did. :mad:

While in HS, my mother got me a Louis Oliver authentic aqua jersey & I wore it constantly. He inspired me to play football & lo & behold, I was a free safety. The one year I played, I was one interception away from tying the school record before tearing my PCL. (A year after that, I bought a white authentic Oliver jersey.)

OJ McDuffie became my favorite player in the 90's & haven't fallen in love with anyone to that level since. OJ was my favorite partly because I rode an elevator with him at the team hotel in Boston during his rookie year.

I've never been to a game in Miami, but have seen them at NE, NYJ & Philly. (I was at the Shula record breaker.) I used to go to those games wearing face paint, but after causing a near-riot at a Jets game, I gave up that.

I live in CT (as the avatar shows) & my hatred for the Pats & Jets is probably not healthy. I think I hate the fans more than the teams. They can be insufferable. (Just like Red Sox fans. :wink: )

I could probably bore everyone else with more stories of memories over the years, but I'll spare you.

I look forward to spending time with you all. Go Fins.

Back
Top Bottom