Im starting to believe this "no respect" thing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Im starting to believe this "no respect" thing

testtubetimmy

Supreme Lord Emperor
Reaction score
Ive scoured the internet, looked over every inch of sports illustrated.com, and the only real thing I can find about Miami's play on Sunday on a national level is junk about how the Patriots aren't contenders anymore and how they blew it. Nothing about how dominating our defense was, or how our offense came back in the second quarter. Nothing about how we've won 5 out of 6 recently.

All I've seen is rumors about Saban leaving. That's pretty much it.

If anyone's found any decent article not written by the suntimes, herald or PBP that actually talk about how great we've been playing lately, please respond and let me know. Maybe I'm not seeing them, but if after a 21-0 shutout against "The Dynasty" isnt enough to get press coverage, I don't know what is.

Maybe if we did it completely on fire. And jumping through hoola hoops.

I know it gets me upset to but most of the people that are writing that NE blew didn't see the game and are just going by score and stats but Mark Schlereth did say that we dominated NE.

testtubetimmy said:
Ive scoured the internet, looked over every inch of sports illustrated.com, and the only real thing I can find about Miami's play on Sunday on a national level is junk about how the Patriots aren't contenders anymore and how they blew it. Nothing about how dominating our defense was, or how our offense came back in the second quarter. Nothing about how we've won 5 out of 6 recently.

All I've seen is rumors about Saban leaving. That's pretty much it.

If anyone's found any decent article not written by the suntimes, herald or PBP that actually talk about how great we've been playing lately, please respond and let me know. Maybe I'm not seeing them, but if after a 21-0 shutout against "The Dynasty" isnt enough to get press coverage, I don't know what is.

Maybe if we did it completely on fire. And jumping through hoola hoops.

I've known this since the undefeated season. King of the sports media then was Sports Illustrated. The Miami Dolphins, owned the NFL that year and 73. Yet they only received around five paragraphs after dominating the Redskins in the Superbowl Edition. I stopped my subscription and haven't pick one up since then.

There is a lot of resentment toward an upstart team such as the Dolphins, (from the Northeastern Media) to only in its fourth year of existence make it to the Superbowl. Then, god forbid, go undefeated the next season and cap off the run of three straight Superbowls in 73 with another win.

Yadda Yadda

Face it, we're about as far south as we can get. Writers are lazy and want to talk about teams closer to them or in bigger markets. Boston is close to New York is close to Washington is close to Baltimore is close to Philidelphia.

It doesn't matter because the game is played. Frankly it doesn't matter that we beat (and I mean BEAT) New England, because we have to beat the Bills. Winning by a point will be fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom