I’m thinking you guys might be right... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’m thinking you guys might be right...

You know Gase is really into players getting rest during the week. Maybe our practices are too light. I don’t know what it is but that game was like Oakland or Cleveland in 2007. The defense was hopeless.
Dan Campbell likely agrees.

Gase won't go anywhere. Even if he is a fraud (not saying he is), Ross thinks he found his "young Don Shula" since they made the playoffs last year. He gets 2018 no question. Is his contract 3 or 4 years?

Tannenbaum is worse. Got to get that guy out.

Ya I know what you mean Gase was taking bad angles to the ball carrier , his piss poor tackling and his mental errors in the game, don’t know why he out there on defense, and did you see all those bad throws on offense he made, missing wide open receivers by a mile.
No, but Gase signs off on this crap every week after all the practices are done. He can at that point assemble the best roster to win the game. Gase didn't play, he just picked the ones making all those mistakes.

It’s funny, because last year Gase changed his system at the bye and got a playoff birth, but somehow we all believe he has changed nothing this season...seems kind of suspect to me. Furthermore, Gase is on record that the team doesn’t like him due to his pointing out flaws in victories and constantly pushing for greater precision and learning. He has also indicated that the best players on the team don’t put in the work to learn the playbook and improve, but think they can skate by on talent. That press conference is where I believe Gase lost this team, and trading Ajayi just cemented it.

Now, if what Gase says is true, are those players worth keeping? Is it worth having a team who defies their coach and doesn’t work to improve? Regardless of who the coach is, do you really want players with no work ethic or professional pride who just lay down hoping the coach will be fired? What have all these great players accomplished so far without Gase to feel they are just fine?

Is Gase on the hot seat? I would say yes. Should he be let go? I don’t think so, at least not yet. Good teams have coaches with long tenures. Gase is young and has the disposition to really grow into the next big coach, but he is very young and will make mistakes. Maybe we need to let him mature a bit as well and have a roster that buys in before we railroad him out of town. Remember, constantly firing coaches year after year makes your team undesirable for any good coaching candidates except the unproven. It has to stop somewhere or we will continue our same malaise forever.

Well this is not madden, and you can’t replace the whole roster in 1 season, it’s going to take a few years, yes he pick the players to play, but what’s that tell you about the back ups, I know as fans we want instant gratification but it’s not that easy, our season was doomed in trading camp when 4 starter lost, got 1 back with Larsen, but tannehill was the key

It’s funny, because last year Gase changed his system at the bye and got a playoff birth, but somehow we all believe he has changed nothing this season...seems kind of suspect to me. Furthermore, Gase is on record that the team doesn’t like him due to his pointing out flaws in victories and constantly pushing for greater precision and learning. He has also indicated that the best players on the team don’t put in the work to learn the playbook and improve, but think they can skate by on talent. That press conference is where I believe Gase lost this team, and trading Ajayi just cemented it.

Now, if what Gase says is true, are those players worth keeping? Is it worth having a team who defies their coach and doesn’t work to improve? Regardless of who the coach is, do you really want players with no work ethic or professional pride who just lay down hoping the coach will be fired? What have all these great players accomplished so far without Gase to feel they are just fine?

Is Gase on the hot seat? I would say yes. Should he be let go? I don’t think so, at least not yet. Good teams have coaches with long tenures. Gase is young and has the disposition to really grow into the next big coach, but he is very young and will make mistakes. Maybe we need to let him mature a bit as well and have a roster that buys in before we railroad him out of town. Remember, constantly firing coaches year after year makes your team undesirable for any good coaching candidates except the unproven. It has to stop somewhere or we will continue our same malaise forever.

I don't want to use the he is young excuse. Look at what McVey is doing with the Rams and he is younger than Gase. McVey was smart enough to hire Wade Phillips as the DC. Some guys have what it takes to be head coaches and some don't regardless of their age. Gase doesn't have it because he has way too big of an ego and thinks his **** don't stink.

Last edited:
Tannenbaum is the problem. Horrible drafts, overpaid aging veterans in FA, trades that have us scratching our heads confused. We need new leadership from the top down or the same nonsense will continue. Look at how laughable the Jets were under Tannenbaum. Have to give the guy credit for fleecing a billionaire, but the party is over.

I don't believe the players are the (primary) problem. Most of the team is young and it is just against the odds that we happen to pick "all bad apples from the bunch". No, the problem here is Tannenbaum and Gase. Tannenbaum should have never been hired. Many of us here on the site KNEW this and pointed it out. Tannenbaum is a plague cast upon any team that he swindles his way to; he is Jets trash and needs to be JETtisoned. Gase, on the other hand, is just not ready for the HC position. He is obstinate to a fault and fails to inspire or motivate the players. These two faults will prevent Gase from ever passing the threshold of mediocrity as an HC.

As a fan, the Ajayi trade broke me this season. Not because I am a fan of the "Jay Train", but because Gase's "shotgun solution" of sending him away reeked of a leadership failure on behalf of the coach. Just last year, Ajayi was part of the "Stronger Together" marketing campaign with a Pro Bowl performance. By trading Ajayi without trying any other corrective actions Gase sent the team, and the fan base, the message that we are "Stronger Apart". The lack of heart in the game last night showed this perfectly.

Gase definitely lost the players. I bet Ajayi pointed him out on his ridiculous play calling and got traded. Ajayi was the guy that step up and said coach are you out your mind. Just get Jim Harbaugh in 2019 and move on. Tired of these no experience hit or miss coaches. I rather have Joe Philbin. Unfortunately Gase will have anther shot with Tannehill but we will go 7-9. Then get Jim here for highest paid Coach ever.

So far I have seen a team they always seems unprepared especially at the start of games. I see a team that is extremely undisciplined. I see a team that quit tonight. Whether it is fair or not all of that falls on the Head Coach's shoulders.

I don't quite agree. Even last night the D looked like it initially had a game plan and the players looked energetic. I don't think it's a coincidence the D seems to 'give up' in 2H. They've kept the opposition at least reasonably in check, only to their their O play laughably bad. I played on a team with that same situation. After a while the D sees no need to try hard because it won't matter. And it seemed like after Cutler's 2Q pick, the D went into 'who cares' mode. Not saying the D doesn't need some upgrades, but, IMO, this is 90% on the O side.

I'm not down on Gase as HC, but he's obviously miserable as OC, and I have yet to see evidence of halftime adjustments. Do they even have a person on staff to scout their own team??? Raise your hand if the 4th and 1 play call surprised you. Yeah, I thought so.

QB situation is as bad as I've seen in a while. One QB can't hit the ground and the other can't read Ds. In spite of his detractors, Pouncey was pretty good LAST year. This year he looks like Dallas Thomas out of position. Landry doesn't seem to care. Sorry, he just seems, 'yeah, whatever.' Hard for me to tell about the OL last night. That was an exceptionally good front 7 that makes most teams look bad. Davis and Larsen looked decent.

I'm not down on Gase as HC, but he's obviously miserable as OC, and I have yet to see evidence of halftime adjustments. Do they even have a person on staff to scout their own team???

Most teams have an OC calling the plays from the damn sky box.

Gase in his infinite wisdom thinks it is better to stand on the sidelines, amidst all the other distractions, and call plays from there.

The dude is just out of his mind.

Back
Top Bottom