I'm trying to cook up coming to the season opener | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm trying to cook up coming to the season opener

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are diehard LSU alum and we are going to Houston the week prior for our game vs. BYU. That's September 2.

Thing is, I'm just as big a Dolphins diehard. And she knows it.

I'm being recruited to come for the season opener vs. Tampa and I really want to do it. Not a difficult flight at all on Southwest from New Orleans to Fort Lauderdale.

Two questions:

1. Anyone want to meet for a tailgate? Who is normally out there? We can get a small group of Finheaveners out there and have fun.

2. Any suggestions on how to sell this to my wife? Not that she'd be against it, in fact she cheers for the Fins with me. But she also knows this would be financially and physically (on my liver) irresponsible.

Thanks in advance.

Tell her there will be Chip and Dale dancers there.

How expensive is the flight is a question compared to a drive is one question?

Year's ago when my wife and I were younger with 3 small children just her and I attended a Miami game, stayed at a cheap motel and it somehow turned into a blue light Kmart shopping adventure for her which she loved. Unfortunately the next year after I convinced my brother and his wife to attend we ended up staying at a hotel in a mall which really made the trip expensive and the trip became more about shopping than attending the game. Morale of this option think about putting something affordable on the table she likes to do when your down here for the game.

I've got a large group going to that game as well! We will for sure be tail gating. However there will be women and children so I don't know how hardcore we will get lol. But you would be more than willing to drop by!!

Just talk with the wife and let her know that you really want to go to the game. If you can afford it, go. Simple. Also, sometimes not taking the wife is OK too (mines not flying down to LA with me for the Chargers game).

Sound great brother devil. FinHeaven will be having a tail gate. Stop by if you can,

http://www.finheaven.com/threads/the-finheaven-tailgate-east-22.334267/page-4#post-7393512

phins 4 ever usually coordinates it with Henrik and Bill

As far as the old lady tell her how romantic it will be seeing the magic city , strolling along the moonlit beach and if she's a good girl you'll take her to dinner in a fine restaurant where all the movie stars dine.

That's not the problem. She's been to South Florida with me before. I have family there.

Thing is, we have a 1 year old. And she's a teacher so she'll be right at the beginning of a new year. This will most likely be a solo trip.

Family comes first so if you cann't make it that's cool. Hopefully
you'll figure out a way.

Dolphindevil my wife and I have a similar issue. We are foster parents have a constant revolving door of kids in and out of house. Many times, because of court related issues, physical limitations, or behavioral issues it is not possible for us to always take trad Iona la family vacations the way we used. A few years ago we decided that each one of us would take a separate trip with friends each year to decompress from work/home related stress. We still manage to spend vacation time together in some form or another, just not as grand as it once was, but this has really improved our quality of life. Every year I take a trip with old high school friends to a different NFL city. Last year we knocked out the Phins vs Nati on Thursday night and then drove to Pitt for the Sunday night vs K.C. My advice with a new baby is to earmark some time and money for your wife to take a trip with asome friends at a later/earlier date. You will keep your baby for that period of time and she can get away and have some "me" time. It can be a tough sell for new mothers but very beneficial at the same time. My wife is also a teacher and I know first hand how difficult a job that can be. Best of luck and I hope you find a way to make it to the game.

Blow off the LSU game. You can see them any time, and who wants to go to Houston anyway?

Back
Top Bottom