I'm very happy with this win. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm very happy with this win.

Mage_Phin

All in for Philbin.
Reaction score
Honestly guys, the Bills always play tough in openers, not to mention we haven't won a season opener in a few years, let alone a road opener, and we haven't won in Ralph Wilson in even longer. Why is everyone so negative?

Our defense looked very good for the most part. With questions like Jason Allen and Chris Clemons stepping up throughout the game and our secondary as a whole got their hands on several footballs. We were able to generate some good pressure for the most part, and other than the Roscoe Parrish TD drive, our defense was impressive. Now I know that it is the Buffalo Bills, but you can still definitely see the improvement in the defense from last season. Also, Mike Nolan didn't really pull out any of the wild blitzes that he's known for, so that gives us even more to be excited about for this defense.

On the other side of the field, our offense wasn't as impressive. But for the most part, everyone was solid, but we executed poorly. Henne made some smart decisions and was able to distribute the football pretty well. I do wish he would take some more shots down the field but I think that's more Henning's fault than anything. The running game looked good, as it usually will. I loved Brandon Marshall. He dropped a few balls sure, but he made some great catches and runs after the catch, and you can really see how his presence helps our offense. I think he'll impress even more when him and Henne gain more chemistry. Bess and Fasano looked good also.

The only things I was disappointed with is the play-calling by Henning, Sparano still making some questionable time management calls (however, I do think that that overall, it was a fairly well coached game for the Dolphins), and Brian Hartline being almost invisible.

In short, we're 1-0. Be happy. This team should get gradually better as the season plays out.

90% of offenses struggle week 1 to 3 b/c defenses are ahead of offenses usually early on....Saints, Cowboys are a great example of 2 teams who finished with top 5 for offenses and had a bad opening game. We will continue to improve. GREAT WIN!

Defense played a heck of a game, but the offense was sloppy all day. If we played like this against one of the top-tier teams we would have easily lost this game.

offense was not sloppy. I dont know what your def of sloppy is but one penalty and zero interceptions spells clean to me. i get your drift but who really cares about whiners today?

Im happy we won the game, Its always tough to get that first win of the season, and on the road means alot for this young team. Were going to have to get the ball to Marshall on passes longer then 5-8 yards, and its not like he wasnt open. The Fins O seemed to try and dink and dunk their way down the field and thats not always going to work. The D looked good for the most part except for that 31 yard TD pass they had on 4th and 11, Koa Misi pushed his way through a block and laid the Olinemen on his butt on his way to his first sack, I think he's going to be good. Seeing the D shut down the Bills running game was nice to see for a change. Gotta figure out a way to stop giving up the big plays. All in all we won the 1st game of the season on the road in a tough place to play. Love Dolphins football and love the win guys keep it up.

a division win on the road..yes, we should have killed them but bottomline is we won..

Back
Top Bottom