ImO, were only a couple pieces away from a very good offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ImO, were only a couple pieces away from a very good offense

xXpHINSXx133454

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Forget all that talk about drafting a WR with the #12 pick. All this WR's coming out seem like raw projects. And anyways players always develop after they leave our organization. Sure that kid Patterson be looking nice as hell but how would he transition in the NFL? All I see is streaks, with unpolished skills, that will only take time to develop and hold back the offense and as dominoe effect hold tanny back.

So here below Im fixing a small explanation as to what I think Jeff Ireland should focus on, to help the offense and tanny our 7th overall pick last summer, to have better chances of succeeding.

See alot of people want the sexy pick Mike Wallace or Jennings, hey I did to, but then I thought about it and im like oh **** wait wait wait! We have no true to split end in this team! Why the hell do we want to sign speedsters to team up with another speedster in Hartline?

Mike Wallace wants 10 Million and is one dimensional, doesn't run block, and idk about his hands but he seems like another desean jackson. Teams will gameplan and shut him down, cause he don't run accross the middle neither. Clyde Gates on roids.

Greg Jennings, yea yea we know he played for Philbin, and knows the system. But how good is he breaking out of jams? He track record doesn't seem to show alot of TD's...Hence it's no coincidence Hartline only had one TD last year..Know why? Flankers barely score in the redzone because they can't outmuscle corners, since its a short field to paydirt,corners play bump and this dudes end up jammed too long, which = no separation via pure strength. Jennings is not the guy to be bringing in if we keep Hartline.

Dwyane Bowe, on the other hand, is a big wideout at 6-2 220, and his game is psysical. I would like to think off him exactly as a Brandon Marshall just 2 inches smaller minus the allergies in the endzone, Bowe makes a great endzone weapon and loves the paydirt. Do you really wanna lob it to Hartline(not a tron)or Jennings which is 5'11?...

No you re-sign Hartline, which did great things under alot of circumstances, and his performance will only get better as him and tanny develop more chemistry, plus he already knows the offense and had success. He will now truly play his flanker role which should render alot of more deep throws and keep teams honest with the deep threat while Bess eats up the middle all day, which will also let him play to his true position, the slot. Hartline can also run great routes,has terrific hands and has a great work ethic. So after locking up brian, we scoop up Bowe, then go after Martellus Bennett/Dustin Keller which would enable us to draft an immediate impact player with our first pick(hopefully a right tackle!) Shall we for any reason not sign any relevant tight end in FA, I say we go out and draft Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert. Then with the later picks(not next pick,we need D also) we can take some chances on some wideouts that are still on the board.

With just 2 skill players added, our offense changes drastically, just think about it! Tanny would benefit immensely and this would boost his development into the QB we think he is, but he needs weapons first. Remember you fellow pigskin junkies, an NFL pocket only offers about 2.5-3 secs of protection like a cheap condom. If you got receivers that take longer to break off a jam then thats where the ball never gets out of the QB's hand and bad things start to happen, because his out of position receivers are getting more jammed than cars in a I-95 morning rush lol.

Yes of course we need to address some other things like O-line and our tailback sitch. But if letting Reggie Bush walk means re-signing(pay the man!) Hartline, and having money to spend on a WR/TE combo, as much as I like Reggie, he can take a jog then. Lamar Miller seems so much more decisively in hitting the hole,which is what our offense needs, so we already got our premiere back, we just need to find depth here. Sure resh is deadly in the open field, but doesn't get there much because hes average at hitting holes, and when that happens there is your five 2 yard gains per 1 sick 10 yard run. Its not like we take advantage of his skill sets neither like screens and lining him up to the line much.

I do think were a WR/TE/RT away from having a very good competitive offense that can lead us to some wins when defense is having a bad afternoon. Means that drafting a good RT is very essential, because that way our future TE would be more involved in the offense and less on the protection, which would make us even better, and I do believe in tanny all the way! This is Ireland's make or break season, period! Because I know our capspace and # of picks can permit us to do great things to build for the future and present, hopefully he is very on point this off-season.

So I ask.. If you people had your way, how would you manage the offensive side during this off-season. What would you do with Bush & Hartline? And who would be A top of your list for FA & #12 PICK?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can go to every teams forum and see these kinds of posts. People say this every year, next thing you know we're 1-15. We can sign anybody, but they still have to prove they can play on our team. We could end up like the Eagles and have a "dynasty" team and just suck.

with the post headline i woke up thinking it was April 1st.
Fools day

very nice post but it would take more than 3 players to turn this O around .
we will prob loose Bush,Hartline,Long,Fasano and replace them with either rookies or players that dont know the system .if we dont bring two of the 4 players back i think it will be a mistake

QB: Draft one late. Aaron Rodgers' brother maybe
WR: Sign Jennings( cheaper than Wallace/ knows the system)
Resign Hartline or if too expensive draft Patterson in rnd 1 or Justin Hunter in rnd 2
Draft Ryan Swope in rnd 3
TE: We need to draft Eifert in rnd 1(hopefully trade down 5-10 picks) or take Zach Ertz in rnd 2. If not resign Fasano and take Fauria in rnd 4
RB: Let Bush walk. We don't need to address rb, we'll be fine with Miller/ Thomas
OL: Let Long walk 10 million a year is too much for a guy who doesn't touch the ball. Sign a FA or two/ draft one in the middle rnds. Stop tinkering with the OL, we need playmakers

No Hartline. No Jennings. No Wallace.
Draft Patterson and Hunter and be done with this **** once and for all.

This forum has a lot of negative nancies, but I agree with you but there is one uncontrollable factor that seperates our offense from the bad, average, good or even elite and that is the progression of Ryan Tannehill.

I stopped reading when you said Jennings can't get out of breaks and shown he hasn't produced TDs.

LOL Fail.

I certainly agree with getting Eifert but forget someone else's TE. Eifert gives you instant better blocking and red zone threat. Jump ball all day long. If we do not get BPA at 12, Eifert is plug and play all day.

Im sorry for all you Patterson lovers out there, he is amazing when running end arounds and returns, but when you go to the next level, that crap doesnt work as much. He is still raw and would take a full year of play to get used to the NFL and get his routes down.

Eifert gives you more dynamic presence to the pro game. Its that simple. He may not touch the ball for a half, but he will make the big play when you need it most and for a TD.

Some think he will drop to the second round, I just dont see that because TE is very improtant in the NFl and he is tops. Can split out, stay in, and go down the seam with a big frame.

I sitll have not lost sight on Eifert and if one of those Tackles is not there, I am all for it. WR's are deep in this draft. Dont get lost in the ted ginn disease of big play college ball.

has the dolphins ever drafted a TE in the first round b4 ?

We should definitely avoid Mike Wallace because of his inability to run block... Just not a mentality I agree with. He brings an elite dynamic to an NFL offense. What's also underrated is that last year he led the league in short pass production so this myth that he just runs go routes all day is untrue and to even mention Clyde Gates as a comparison is absurd. Greg Jennings has also been a leading red zone TD receiver for years. So that idea of his getting "outmuscled" goes out the window. Like many receivers without towering height he finds those tight windows in the red zone. To say flankers barely score TDs in the RZ is silly. I don't agree with your analysis because a lot of it is off.

Personally, I'd like to see a huge influx of talent into our offense. The idea that Cordarelle would make Tannehill's development tougher is incorrect. I think much like Luck in Indy, he could benefit from having young receivers around him to grow with along with a quality vet. I don't think Hartline is a must sign at his price point. I think if we kept Hartline and only signed Bowe we'd still suffer from a considerable lack of speed on our team. I guess you can call Hartline a speedster, and he has a talent for making plays downfield, but he's not a gamebreaker. I would like to seriously address the offense this offseason. I think it does have a ways to go and the way we left Tannehill out to dry with no weapons last year was criminal. We need at least 3 new WRs in. I would go Cordarelle, Stedman, and Marquess. With Hartline's contract demands I would pass on him for Jennings. If Bush goes, then another RB. I do like leaning on Lamar more heavily, but we need a plan B. I would sign Goodson and draft Le'veon while cutting the cord on DT or keeping him for deep depth. TE needs to be addressed. I would resign Fasano while hoping Eifert or Ertz drop to our 2nd pick. If not, draft a project later in the draft while signing Keller or Cook. Of course the line still needs to be addressed. There's a lot of work to do on the offense.

Back
Top Bottom