Improve>>>>not Impress, Just Improve! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Improve>>>>not Impress, Just Improve!

GRT8

DOLPHIN FAN SINCE 1970
Reaction score
I hope we win and want to win, as we all do. The fact that Big Ben isn't playing isn't a lock to win for us, as they are SuperBowl Champs and last I checked are still showing up to play. There defense beat Indy and Big Ben doesn't play D. Lets look for improvements and getting better than 9-7.

The key is to get better as the year goes on. We won't be firing on all cylinders week one.We need to be playing our best at the end of the season and put ourselves in position to make those games matter. Who cares, I don't concern myself with how other view us. The end result, is the result. Period. I do not put Sterling Sharpe, Sean Salisbury or Mike Golics opinion in high regard.

GRT8 said:
I hope we win and want to win, as we all do. The fact that Big Ben isn't playing isn't a lock to win for us, as they are SuperBowl Champs and last I checked are still showing up to play. There defense beat Indy and Big Ben doesn't play D. Lets look for improvements and getting better than 9-7.

The key is to get better as the year goes on. We won't be firing on all cylinders week one.We need to be playing our best at the end of the season and put ourselves in position to make those games matter. Who cares, I don't concern myself with how other view us. The end result, is the result. Period. I do not put Sterling Sharpe, Sean Salisbury or Mike Golics opinion in high regard.
true,agree 100%.Hopefully we will impress in the Playoffs!:wink:

actually...the elite teams usually are firing on all cylinders week one...

Is that you Coach Saban?

GRT8 said:

Sounds exactly like what I would expect to hear from Saban. excellent post!

and the patriots were elite when they started out with more losses than wins?.......then won the superbowl. Start with the first goal in mind and build on it. No one is starting the year believing in elite. Are you?

I have to admit this is the most excited I have felt about Miami in years!

He doesnt play D... but big ben made the biggest tackle in steelers history !!! They'll need him when Will Allen takes one to the house.:D

Saban will have the team fundamentally improving as the season wears on from a mental aspect, but that doesn't change the fact that physically speaking, Miami teams are generally in better condition than most NFL teams in September, and a little bit worn down in December and January.

ckparrothead said:
Saban will have the team fundamentally improving as the season wears on from a mental aspect, but that doesn't change the fact that physically speaking, Miami teams are generally in better condition than most NFL teams in September, and a little bit worn down in December and January.

Except for last year we started strong and ended strong. If we can wipe that middle slump out this year we should be in control of our own fate come december.

Mr772 said:
Except for last year we started strong and ended strong. If we can wipe that middle slump out this year we should be in control of our own fate come december.

I think we finished strong because we got on the same page mentally. In terms of brute power, we were not as physical during that stretch run as we were at the beginning. Ronnie wore down. Lucky for us, due to the suspension, Ricky was only just getting started...

ckparrothead said:

in previous years, yes. I wonder if the practice bubble and escaping some south Florida heat will help. Also, having a more savvy conditioning coach and smarter practice regime will help.

GRT8 said:
in previous years, yes. I wonder if the practice bubble and escaping some south Florida heat will help. Also, having a more savvy conditioning coach and smarter practice regime will help.

Hopefully the way Saban turns camp into one big aerobic exercise will lessen the wearing-down factor.

But as for the bubble, every indication seems to be that it will be used exactly for what it is designed...which is to say, not losing practice days because of the kind of inclement weather that ALWAYS HAPPENS in Florida during the July and August months. Also, they seem to want to use the bubble as a means of changing pace for a practice, simulating sort of primetime/nighttime/dome conditions. By all indications, this only happened like once or twice this camp though.

If anything is going to make a difference, it will be Saban's strict enforcement of the two-meal and hydration/fat level rules. All players are eating two meals between every practice, including two-a-days. He does that rotating thing where he practices once at mid-day on one day, then they have a practice the next early morning, and then one late evening...then the next practice is a mid-day again. He also keeps strict track of weight levels, but more importantly hydration levels and fat percentages, which tell you whether or not the weight reading is a lie (lost water weight = underhydrated).

ckparrothead said:
Hopefully the way Saban turns camp into one big aerobic exercise will lessen the wearing-down factor.

But as for the bubble, every indication seems to be that it will be used exactly for what it is designed...which is to say, not losing practice days because of the kind of inclement weather that ALWAYS HAPPENS in Florida during the July and August months. Also, they seem to want to use the bubble as a means of changing pace for a practice, simulating sort of primetime/nighttime/dome conditions. By all indications, this only happened like once or twice this camp though.

If anything is going to make a difference, it will be Saban's strict enforcement of the two-meal and hydration/fat level rules. All players are eating two meals between every practice, including two-a-days. He does that rotating thing where he practices once at mid-day on one day, then they have a practice the next early morning, and then one late evening...then the next practice is a mid-day again. He also keeps strict track of weight levels, but more importantly hydration levels and fat percentages, which tell you whether or not the weight reading is a lie (lost water weight = underhydrated).

it is a science. Nice post Ck.

This was one of the best posts I have read...........To the point....and yes...just win baby

Back
Top Bottom