In case anyone cares - the NY media ripping Jets for choice of GM | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In case anyone cares - the NY media ripping Jets for choice of GM

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Word via the radio coverage is the Jests hired another capologist (no true GM experience) as no one would take the job. $19MM over the cap and no way they are going to be able to trade Sanchez. Also, this new GM comes from Seattle so a lot of speculation they will trade for Flynn and have two very highly paid QBs on their roster this coming year. Fans/talk show guys (ESPN guys) seem to like the hire of Morningwhig (SP?) - I thought he was pretty much a loser? I know, not earth-shattering news but I can't find anything other than this Notre Dame dead-girlfriend stuff right now...

Looking back from last year to the present, it seems the jets new philosophy is , if it's broke , don't fix it.

He was more involved with just the cap, he was involved with the scouting as well. Time will tell, i am just glad they didnt hire Angelo.

The media can be pretty stupid, that is why I only follow a few of them who report news not slanted garbage. Guys like Adam Schefter and Albert Breer are some of my favorites, unbiased news. The people who think he is just a cap guy are ignorant, and if they are in the media than they are lazy reporters who didn't actually look him up and find out info about him. And its also false that no one wanted the job.

The Jets can easily get under the cap, so its pointless to bring up that they are over.

And Marty Mornhinweg was a good hire, he has consistently coached top 10 offenses. Best OC hire we have had since before Sparano, Schottenheimer, and Hackett. Hes a QB guy as well, brings big change to the Jets being a pass first guy who knows how to develop QBs.

The media can be pretty stupid, that is why I only follow a few of them who report news not slanted garbage. Guys like Adam Schefter and Albert Breer are some of my favorites, unbiased news. The people who think he is just a cap guy are ignorant, and if they are in the media than they are lazy reporters who didn't actually look him up and find out info about him. And its also false that no one wanted the job.

The Jets can easily get under the cap, so its pointless to bring up that they are over.

And Marty Mornhinweg was a good hire, he has consistently coached top 10 offenses. Best OC hire we have had since before Sparano, Schottenheimer, and Hackett. Hes a QB guy as well, brings big change to the Jets being a pass first guy who knows how to develop QBs.

Sure can they go under the cap quickly. Any team can do that. But the question is at what cost and essentially whoever is being dumped has to be replaced. In addition to the players you have to dump you also have 12 unrestricted Free Agents which have to be replaced plus a rookie class coming in. The goal is not just to go under the cap but to go under the cap enough that you can sign enough players not only to have a full roster but also being competitive. The Jets are in bigger trouble than you want to believe.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Word via the radio coverage is the Jests hired another capologist (no true GM experience) as no one would take the job. $19MM over the cap and no way they are going to be able to trade Sanchez. Also, this new GM comes from Seattle so a lot of speculation they will trade for Flynn and have two very highly paid QBs on their roster this coming year. Fans/talk show guys (ESPN guys) seem to like the hire of Morningwhig (SP?) - I thought he was pretty much a loser? I know, not earth-shattering news but I can't find anything other than this Notre Dame dead-girlfriend stuff right now...

Don't listen to the media. According to WNJUNC they have hired an elite GM for an elite team.

Another Jets fan with no clue of the predicament the Jets are in. You guys must grow on trees.

they can get under the cap, but easily? they are going to have to cut alot of people and are not going to be able to sign or trade for any type of talent at qb. rex has proven that he cant coach up the talent on his team. so how can they be competitive if they cant go into free agency? they will barely be able to sign their draft picks this year.

It's all relative: for sloppy 2nds and 3ds who no one else including Andy Reed, wanted in a season of unusually high GM, HC and OC turnover, for sloppy seconds and considering the quicksand that is the NYJ, the attention whoring buttinski of an owner could have done worse than Itzdick and Morningwood. :idk:

They fired a cap guy and said they wanted to hire a personnel guy. Yet they hired another cap guy. :unsure:

Fact is, Rex has been the guy in charge of personel all along. Thats why their personel continued to get worse each year. The had a couple of decent seasons with Mangini's players. Since then its been all downhill.

But, they did manage to throw their last cap guy under the bus, blaming him for Rex's failures. The year before the OC had the blame pinned on him. Fact is, that franchise is a disaster because of the owner and HC. Fortunately for us, both of them are still in place.

Another Jets fan with no clue of the predicament the Jets are in. You guys must grow on trees.

They have no clue, but it'll be even more hilarious to see their reaction when they don't sign anyone of any value and have to dump Revis. No one said Jet fans were very bright. But please, tell us how AWESOME John Idzik is! He's so awesome that no other team in need of a GM even asked him for an interview. Lmfao, get the **** outta here with that ****.

Fact is, Rex has been the guy in charge of personel all along. Thats why their personel continued to get worse each year. The had a couple of decent seasons with Mangini's players. Since then its been all downhill.

But, they did manage to throw their last cap guy under the bus, blaming him for Rex's failures. The year before the OC had the blame pinned on him. Fact is, that franchise is a disaster because of the owner and HC. Fortunately for us, both of them are still in place.

Get this bro- NOW Woody is blaming Tannenbaum for forcing-are you ready? TEBOW on them. He told this to a GM candidate in an interview that Tebow was FORCED on HIM by TANNENBAUM. Are you kidding me?!!!? Needless to say, that candidate didn't want the job apparently. Roflmfao, the Jets are in good hands. It's nice to know we only have one legit team to worry about in this division for a while.

Back
Top Bottom