In My Dream...The Dolphins won the Super Bowl last night

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pope Shula XIV, May 6, 2004.

1. Pope Shula XIV

Pope Shula XIV EDDSified!

Guys, I must say that last night, I had the best dream. In my dream, I watched the Miami Dolphins defeat the Minnesota Vikings in the 2005 Super Bowl by a score of 31-21. It was rather surreal, but it felt quite real at the same time.

It started out with the Dolphins on the verge of making the playoffs in late December. I believe they may have even secured a wild card berth. Then I go to the store in my dream. Here's where it gets weird...by the time I get back home, I turn on the TV and the Dolphins and Vikings are playing in the Super Bowl with about :46 left in the game. Miami is leading by a field goal and also has possession of the ball. It's 3rd and long and Feeley hands the ball of to Ricky. The Vikings are on an all out blitz but Ricky gets a crushing block from one of his lineman, therebye clearing his path for a 60 yard sprint to the endzone. I remember just going absolutely crazy. This gives Miami a 31-21 lead with about :34 left in the game. The camera cuts to an on the field in the close up of Miami's defense huddling up. Jason Taylor says to his teammates, "Let's go to work boys." Junior Seau and Zach Thomas are extremely fired up and Sam Madison is jabbering away at Randy Moss. The ball is snapped and Miami's d-line immediately is in Minnesota's backfield. Jason Taylor and a blitzing Zach Thomas pulverize a scrambling Daunte Culpepper. Without any time outs, Culpepper frantically sets the team to snap the ball. Culpepper receives a high snap and tries to throw the ball to his running back, but the ball is tipped and Jay Williams catches the ball for a game ending interception. It was at that time I realized that my beloved Dolphins had finally done it. All my frustrations with Wannstedt and Fiedler were gone. Guys who I've argued with about Fiedler and Wannstedt were now hugging me. It was total Dolphins Nirvana.

As the final seconds tick away, I feel tears of joy streaming down my face. No more late season collapses or embarassing playoff losses. We did it. We won the big game and it felt awesome.

Soon Ricky Williams is announced as the Super Bowl MVP. The players lift a teary-eyed Dave Wannstedt onto their shoulders. A choked up Wannstedt talks about the tough times here and how the team never gave up and how he never coached a better group of men. It's funny, I've really despised Wanny over the years, but in my dream, just seeing Wannstedt crying tears of joy (and me doing the same thing) just brought about a feeling of Dolphins solidarity not seen in years.

I was so disappointed to awake and find the team still in minicamp.

Oh well, I have a feeling about this dream. I've never dreamed about the Dolphins winning a Super Bowl, and rarely are my dreams this lucid! Maybe it is an omen of things to come.

It's really made me realize that although everyone here has different ideas on what it will take for Miami to win the Super Bowl, that is still everyone's goal here. Let's try to boost that Dolphins Solidarity...whether you can't stand wanny or fiedler or absolutely love the both of them.

Peace guys....and GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

:) Great dream. Hopefully in 9 months you can live your dream.

Go Fins!

3. Deus Ex Dolphin

Deus Ex Dolphin Pro Bowler

Great dream. Conclusive proof that Jay needs to go! :D

4. burton87

burton87 Favorite Dolphin = Bill Gramatica

That was a fun read, im going to remember that, and hopefully in 9 months it will be true.

5. Pope Shula XIV

Pope Shula XIV EDDSified!

Thanks man! I hope we can all relive me dream and be in Dolphins extacy!!!!

[​IMG]

6. Phinzone

Phinzone FinHeaven VIP

won't happen. Haven't you heard, we're going to trade for Randy Moss. THat means, the vikes have no shot of going to the SB, and we'll win by at least a 40 point spread. :D

7. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Well-Known Member

I had a dream that two chef's in their aprons and hats broke into my house w/ guns. Somehow I managed to swipe one of their guns and I shot one of them dead. Then the other chef threw his gun down and sat on my couch. I angrily told him to get up and he smiled and shook his head no. Then I shot him.

8. CirclingWagons

CirclingWagons A True Fan

damn Pope, where can i score some of that blotter

9. BuffBillsMan90

BuffBillsMan90 is Clumpalicious!!

Bad dream :down:

10. 34RWilliams

34RWilliams The Future

:cry: sniff sniff wow inspiring stuff there.

11. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP

when are you going to become a Dolphin fan you can't hide the fact that you like Miami forever :lol:

12. Bl¡tz Inc

Bl¡tz Inc QB Killa

Yeah, c'mon Clump. Everyone's doing it :evil:

13. Justasportsfan

Justasportsfan FinHeaven Elite

The Pope dreaming about men in tights?

14. bigmiamifan

bigmiamifan Perennial All-Pro

Dreams are good. Some have a funny way of being a vision of things to come. Just curious about how you knew it was 2005 in your dream?

15. fin-atic

fin-atic Are you a VIP? Finheaven VIP Donator

Great dream. But your writing style makes me wonder if you are one of those guys who write for Penthouse Forum? :roflmao:

J/K

Great vision

16. Driven

Driven Bling...Bling

I had a dream that the Pats won 2 out of the last 3 super bowls....wait that wasn't a dream....Nevermind :)

17. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Well-Known Member

You do realize that your team is finished this year before they start right?

Brady is maddens new coverboy, aren't you worried? ;)

18. LIQUID24

LIQUID24 hi

I heard it was Ray Lewis.

19. Driven

Driven Bling...Bling

Yes I know. I am a little worried.

But that stupid curse has to stop sometime. The Pats broken that Madden challenge streak this year. Troy Brown lost to Smith this year. But that did scare me.

20. CUBANBADGUY

CUBANBADGUY AXIS LEADER

So you actually READ the articles? :roflmao:

21. Gladsadmad

Gladsadmad A True Fan

See, a Pats fan wouldn't understand. Not only are Pats fans jaded now, but they haven't had a team that's been consistently good over a 15 year period. With the exception of 1996, Miami has been in the playoff race every season since 1990. When your team sucks in a given year, the fans don't get their hopes up only to have their hearts broken. Meanwhile Dolphin fans get our hearts broken almost EVERY year. Example?..ok, let's start from 1990..

1990 Pats 1-15
    1991 Pats 6-10
    1992 Pats 2-14
    1993 Pats 5-11
    1994 1st rd exit
    1995 Pats 6-10
    1996 Tough loss in Superbowl :cry:
    1997 One point loss in 2nd round :cry:
    1998 1st rd exit
    1999 Pats 8-8 (last place)
    2000 Pats 5-11
    2001 Everything goes right
    2002 no playoffs
    2003 Everything goes right

With the exception of '96 & '97..Pats fans haven't had their hopes crushed by "what could have been".

Now the Fins..let's see how many times they've broken the fans hearts..

1990 2nd round of playoffs..Fins pull to within 30-27 into the 4th qtr @ Buffalo..Mark Logan fumbles next kickoff kiling Mario's last chance for comeback.. :cry:

1991 Dolphins take 20-17 lead w/ 30 seconds left in "winner-take-all" final game for a playoffs berth..they proceed to choke it away... :cry:

1992 Dolphins host AFC Championship and only trail 13-3 into the 2nd half. Mike Williams fumbles the kickoff and hopes fade away.. :cry:

1993 Marino's injury destroyed hopes for a title. This team could've been a great one.. :cry:

1994 Stoyanovich misses a FG that would've sent the Fins to the AFC Championship... :cry:

1995 1st rd exit
    1996 8-8 rebuiling year
    1997 1st rd exit
    1998 2nd rd never had a chance
    1999 2nd rd never had a chance
    2000 2nd rd never had a chance
    2001 1st rd exit
    2002 Dolphins lead 24-13..only 5 minutes left until we are crowned AFC East Champs. They completely choke.. :cry:

2003 High hopes crushed again... :cry:

Dolphin fans have been through alot of heartache since 1990. All we can do is dream, because a championship seems so impossible.

22. Driven

Driven Bling...Bling

Completely understand your post. But would you rather come close for 10 years or never had a chance ever season?

P.S.
    Notice when the Pats started to show some signs of getting better....Kraft came around and so did the cap.

23. finsrclowns

finsrclowns finsrclowns

Everyone can buy that part, it's the remainder that makes it a dream! :lol:

24. Gladsadmad

Gladsadmad A True Fan

I'd rather come close. It adds more grey hair and ulcers, but I'd rather come close than not be there at all.