in the event that we come out of these next 4 games 3-5 or worse... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

in the event that we come out of these next 4 games 3-5 or worse...

maybe james jones and a 4th...i can see that

although i'd like to get james jones and a 3rd for ronnie and hartline...jones is underrated

They won't go for that. Jones is their #3 WR. Nelson could easily be our #2, 6'3" 217lbs with good speed and quickness and he returns kicks. Nelson could be a #2 or #3 on most teams he's just stuck behind a lot of talent at WR.

This thread is what happens when an entire generation grows up on Madden franchise mode...

They won't go for that. Jones is their #3 WR. Nelson could easily be our #2, 6'3" 217lbs with good speed and quickness and he returns kicks. Nelson could be a #2 or #3 on most teams he's just stuck behind a lot of talent at WR.

i think nelson might make a solid #2 wr...i agree that he's buried behind good players

i'd also like to see what stephen williams in arizona cost to pry him away from the cards...that kids got talent and if they ever get a qb that can bring it out he might be something...lots of potential there

This thread is what happens when an entire generation grows up on Madden franchise mode...

Why cause you would rather lose the player rather than get something for him? Did the Patriots not trade Randy Moss? Ronnie and Ricky are in the last year of their contracts and I've got a strong feeling we're going to let both walk, at best one of them walks, and we'll get nothing for them.

This isn't Madden, this is business. I like Ronnie but right now this team looks like a 6-10 team, we need draft picks, we need players. Running back will be a need in the next draft, along with LG, Center, Cornerback and TE. We're going to need depth at OLB and the O-line as well.

so hugo doesn't think that we could get a 3rd rounder for ronnie brown...ok...well i don't think its out of the realm of possibility...doesn't sound like much of a stretch to me

so hugo doesn't think that we could get a 3rd rounder for ronnie brown...ok...well i don't think its out of the realm of possibility...doesn't sound like much of a stretch to me

Not for a team that seems pretty desperate for a running game like the Packers. I lowered the cost to a 4th because I know they're high on Jordy Nelson and he's their kick returner. Threw in Harline because....well I'm not going to get into it about him. Ronnie and Hartline for Jordy and a 4th seems fair to me.

I love Ronnie and what he's done for us, but I think you're right. Like Pennington, he's a ticking time bomb from a health standpoint. He's been a great asset to our team and no telling what he'd have achieved if uninjured. However, since there seems to be a lot of 20/20 hindsight floating around lately, especially by the "Henne Pavlovians" regarding who we should have taken in the 08 draft, since it directly relates, let me throw this out.

Saban is probably a savant when it comes to college but looking back at his decisions in the pro's he was more of an "Idiot Sabant." In that 05 draft, Ronnie was the obvious and easy choice, just like the Pavlovians are accusing Jake of being. The fact is through most of the pre draft, the speculation was that Alex Smith and/or Aaron Rodgers would go 1 and/or 2. Of course Rodgers dropped to 24, but the fact of the matter is, Sabant took the easy way picking Ronnie at #2 when historically effective RBs are often found under rocks, like the Notre Dame kid in Houston. Bottom line, Little Nicky The "Genius" in typical clusterfork fashion went with the SEC and essentially chose Gus ****ing Frerrotte over Aaron Rodgers. Of course hindsight's always 20/20 whether we're referring to 05 or 08, but if we had Rodgers there'd be no Cleo's Becks, Trent Greenes or (talk about stupid signings)Culpecker, and we wouldn't be discussing Ronnie at all. It's damn frustrating.

2gxo5sm-1.jpg

Is there no trade deadline this year either? Or you talking about franchising him in off-season, and trading him.

Seriously I'm confused

the trade deadline is week 6

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

i'm pretty sure there's still a deadline i just don't know when it is...maybe around the halfway point would be my guess though

but if we go on a losing streak here after the bye i would seriously try and unload ronnie to someone who could use him...the packers come to mind among others

as for merling good luck getting anything for damaged goods that can't help anyone til next season anyways...

week 6

I love Ronnie and what he's done for us, but I think you're right. Like Pennington, he's a ticking time bomb from a health standpoint. He's been a great asset to our team and no telling what he'd have achieved if uninjured. However, since there seems to be a lot of 20/20 hindsight floating around lately, especially by the "Henne Pavlovians" regarding who we should have taken in the 08 draft, since it directly relates, let me throw this out.

Saban is probably a savant when it comes to college but looking back at his decisions in the pro's he was more of an "Idiot Sabant." In that 05 draft, Ronnie was the obvious and easy choice, just like the Pavlovians are accusing Jake of being. The fact is through most of the pre draft, the speculation was that Alex Smith and/or Aaron Rodgers would go 1 and/or 2. Of course Rodgers dropped to 24, but the fact of the matter is, Sabant took the easy way picking Ronnie at #2 when historically effective RBs are often found under rocks, like the Notre Dame kid in Houston. Bottom line, Little Nicky The "Genius" in typical clusterfork fashion went with the SEC and essentially chose Gus ****ing Frerrotte over Aaron Rodgers. Of course hindsight's always 20/20 whether we're referring to 05 or 08, but if we had Rodgers there'd be no Cleo's Becks, Trent Greenes or (talk about stupid signings)Culpecker, and we wouldn't be discussing Ronnie at all. It's damn frustrating.

2gxo5sm-1.jpg

You can harp on Saban all you want Vaark... but your arguement is flawed all the way around... First of all, if you're talking about Arian Foster in Houston, he's not a Notre Dame player... he played at Tennessee... you know.. the SEC?

Secondly, Ronnie was not the obvious, easy choice. But Saban KNEW how good Ronnie was and what it was like to have to play against him and coach against him.. A RB that shared carries in college is NEVER the "obvious and easy" choice for the #2 overall pick in the draft... Your disdain for Saban has clearly started affecting your ability to reason...

Gus Frerotte had the best season of ANY Miami quarterback since Marino retired other than Pennington's '08 season... Hell, Saban figured out a way along with Linehan to make Chris ****ing Chambers relevant... and sent him to the pro bowl...

Ease up off Saban partner... not for him, or me.. but for you, sir...:lol:

Miami is doing a piss poor job of taking the opportunity to trade a player when he has value for younger talent. They should of traded Joey Porter the season before his last, and they should of traded Ronnie sometime last year. Those two players have value at the time, but this franchise was in rebuilding mode. You have to get something for them.
Look at what Cleveland was doing. They traded Winslow and Edwards because although they did have value as talented players, they're franchise was not in position to compete anytime soon.
Channing Crowder is the next person that has value and "should" be traded...IMO. They did make the right decision with JAson Tayor though, when they traded him to Washington.

Ronnie Brown probably wont fetch a 3rd rounder, and he sure as s*** wasn't worth the #2 overall pick. "Saban knew how good Ronnie was." LOL

At best, desperate Ted Thompson was willing to give up a late 3rd rounder for a young, bruising Marshawn Lynch with very low mileage. Why would he even call Miami about Brown? I can see it now. In 6 weeks, Brown joins Ryan Grant on IR, and the Packers are right back to square one, minus a 3rd round pick.

You can harp on Saban all you want Vaark... but your arguement is flawed all the way around... First of all, if you're talking about Arian Foster in Houston, he's not a Notre Dame player... he played at Tennessee... you know.. the SEC?

Secondly, Ronnie was not the obvious, easy choice. But Saban KNEW how good Ronnie was and what it was like to have to play against him and coach against him.. A RB that shared carries in college is NEVER the "obvious and easy" choice for the #2 overall pick in the draft... Your disdain for Saban has clearly started affecting your ability to reason...

Gus Frerotte had the best season of ANY Miami quarterback since Marino retired other than Pennington's '08 season... Hell, Saban figured out a way along with Linehan to make Chris ****ing Chambers relevant... and sent him to the pro bowl...

Ease up off Saban partner... not for him, or me.. but for you, sir...:lol:

Lol @ the Saban loving in this post. Saban did NOTHING to try and fix our QB situation. He could have drafted Rodgers, but he drafted a very good but often injured running back followed by a safety/corner coming off another injury. Frerotte was NEVER going to be the answer at QB, so that is a flawed arguement. He then passed on Brees for a terribly overrated Culpepper. However you bash Ireland for not taking Ryan, but not Saban for passing on one of the to 5 QBs in the league.

Back
Top Bottom