Incognito indefinite suspension?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by gafin, Nov 13, 2013.

1. gafin

gafin A True Fan

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
  2. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Martin is a snake.

3. gafin

gafin A True Fan

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 52m
    While many predict Incognito gets cut by Fins & signs w/ contender @LATimesfarmer predicts long league suspension

I heard somewhere else that a contending team was hoping we would cut him. But even if we do they may not get him if he is suspended.

4. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

suspend him before he's even been convicted of anything? raw end of the deal here.

5. endorPHINS72

endorPHINS72 Restore the greatness!

Incognito is a scumbag that would be in prison right now if people weren't always looking the other way at his off the field behavior.

6. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

that's fine. I have no problem with that, however, this is America and I firmly believe you should at least be convicted before you're sentenced.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
  7. vagrantprodigy

vagrantprodigy A True Fan

I totally agree that he is a scumbag. Worse still, he's an overpaid scumbag. But Martin is a pathetic coward. I want them both gone.

8. phin17

phin17 Well-Known Member

Innocent until proven guilty, not by the media but by the FACTS

9. b_stang34

b_stang34 Active Member

I don't understand the whole suspension thing in the NFL anymore. I just read about two players that were arrested one was cited for speeding and possession of a controlled substance. The other one for a DWI, but there will be no suspension for these players, both of these charges are illegal and can be prosecuted in a court of law. What Incognito was accused of doing maybe socially wrong it is not illegal and he has been suspended.

10. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

Why would he be in prison? For ****ing around with someone who he thought was a friend? Martin clearly has issues and he used his problems to hang and dry Richie and the entire Miami organization when in principle Miami is no different than 31 other NFL locker rooms. The media is fueled by the agenda of making this a huge scandal and they are cherry picking what to write and overlook anything that might contradict Martin's side of the argument, this notion of a twisted culture in Miami is ludicrous and if Miami is a twisted culture than the entire NFL is twisted.

The NFL better be careful here in getting what they ask for, Richie I would bet could hang a lot of people out to dry, Martin included but I bet given the type of "scumbag" Richie is, he won't do that to people he considers "friends" where as Martin will do anything to make himself look better.

You tell me who the bigger scumbag is............I know who I choose.

11. endorPHINS72

Absolutely. I have more of a problem with Incognito's behavior than anything that did or didn't happen to Martin. I've wanted Richie gone before any of the bullying stuff hit.

12. psfign

psfign A True Fan

I guess endor just takes ESPN's work as gospel

13. endorPHINS72

I agree. How many sacks did Martin give up this year? He, Richie, Clabo and Jerry have nearly gotten Tannehill killed this year.

14. endorPHINS72

I'm not even including the Martin/Incognito scandal in why I think Richie should have been cut long ago. This team doesn't need a drunk with anger issues and psychological problems. Just thinking about the judgment Incognito showed in holding meetings at strip clubs. That's the level this guy is on. Imagine how well the players' retention for blocking assignments and improving their technique would go over at a tittie bar. The sexual assault on the golf volunteer was the icing on the cake, which I blame the Dolphins organization for just as much for giving the victim "hush money". Incognito has atrocious character and the the fact that Philbin & Co. thought he would be good in a leadership position shows serious flaws in their judgment.

15. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP

Different matters. They cannot be suspended unless they are convicted under the new CBA, so they very well could eventually be suspended. Incognito was suspended by the team, not the NFL, for conduct detrimental to the team, not for legal issues. Was the suspension warranted? I have no idea, because I don't access to what all the team knows and what they based their suspension decision on. I'd be more skeptical if it was anybody else, but we're talking about a player with a LONG history. I also don't see the NFLPA jumping in to assist in appeal, which is interesting. I don't think I'll be jumping on the "Incognito for Sainthood" bandwagon anytime soon.

That's not to say I approve of how Martin handled all of this.

16. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

How soon before all of these people are no longer affiliated with the team?

It won't be soon enough.

17. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

I would think that a strip club would be the perfect place for a meeting with Martin
    since it wouldn't have been a distraction for Martin.
    Chippendales, on the other hand might have been a huge distraction for Martin

18. J. David Wannyheimer

No, really, the worst thing Ross did here, now that I really think about it, and I've had some time to think about it -- and obviously now that I have the hindsight of knowing that we'd suck up the joint against Tampa -- was call for this stupid NFL investigation. He should have just gone with his gut and fired everyone. Cut Martin, cut Richie, fire the GM, fire the head coach, fire the VP of Football Operations, and call it a day.

19. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP

He needs to look like he's doing his due diligence to obtain all of the facts, even if he has enough to go on. Don't want to scare off potential candidates by looking like he's drop them at the first sign of trouble without any hard evidence.

20. jmphins

jmphins Scout Team

I believe the CBA only allows him to be suspended until Dec. 12. that is all that is allowed for conduct detrimental to the team.. On Dec. 12 fins have to cut him or reinstate him...

21. J. David Wannyheimer

Fair enough, but I don't think Jon Gruden gives a ****, to be honest. And we all know that's going to be his first choice.

22. joenhre

joenhre Starter Donator

Wonder if that Contending team would get the same backlash and bad press that the Dolphins are getting. You know signing someone who the media is calling a "racist" and a "bully". I bet if the Patriots signed him the media would be saying how Belichick is a genious while ignoring everything that has happened the past couple weeks.

23. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

24. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

IMO i love my dolphins , but if Richie is suspended for name calling , while other players , from other teams are doing a hell of alot worse , ihope Richie sues the hell out of the miami dolphins , and hope he brings out enough **** to hang them alllllllllll .

25. he he

he he Active Member

Does this mean Tampa Bay gets suspended for bulling the Dolphins Monday night?

26. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

Richie may be a prankster , a joker exc. but in no way dose he deserve to be suspended , while others is out here driving up and down the highways Putting peoples lives in jepordy , whats worse a name caller , or a damn drunk driving down the road and hitting a car with maybe a couple kids say 8 moths and myabe a 1 year old and a 4 year old in that car and he runs over the media and kills them all ?? IMO Martin said as much as Cog has ,and i think thy need to give Richie a couple games with out pay , and let this die down , and fix the locker room to where this dosent happen again ........