Incognito indefinite suspension? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Incognito indefinite suspension?

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 52m
While many predict Incognito gets cut by Fins & signs w/ contender @LATimesfarmer predicts long league suspension

I heard somewhere else that a contending team was hoping we would cut him. But even if we do they may not get him if he is suspended.

suspend him before he's even been convicted of anything? raw end of the deal here.

Incognito is a scumbag that would be in prison right now if people weren't always looking the other way at his off the field behavior.

that's fine. I have no problem with that, however, this is America and I firmly believe you should at least be convicted before you're sentenced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Incognito is a scumbag that would be in prison right now if people weren't always looking the other way at his off the field behavior.

I totally agree that he is a scumbag. Worse still, he's an overpaid scumbag. But Martin is a pathetic coward. I want them both gone.

Innocent until proven guilty, not by the media but by the FACTS

I don't understand the whole suspension thing in the NFL anymore. I just read about two players that were arrested one was cited for speeding and possession of a controlled substance. The other one for a DWI, but there will be no suspension for these players, both of these charges are illegal and can be prosecuted in a court of law. What Incognito was accused of doing maybe socially wrong it is not illegal and he has been suspended.

Why would he be in prison? For ****ing around with someone who he thought was a friend? Martin clearly has issues and he used his problems to hang and dry Richie and the entire Miami organization when in principle Miami is no different than 31 other NFL locker rooms. The media is fueled by the agenda of making this a huge scandal and they are cherry picking what to write and overlook anything that might contradict Martin's side of the argument, this notion of a twisted culture in Miami is ludicrous and if Miami is a twisted culture than the entire NFL is twisted.

The NFL better be careful here in getting what they ask for, Richie I would bet could hang a lot of people out to dry, Martin included but I bet given the type of "scumbag" Richie is, he won't do that to people he considers "friends" where as Martin will do anything to make himself look better.

You tell me who the bigger scumbag is............I know who I choose.

that's fine. I have no problem with that, however, this is American and I firmly believe you should at least be convicted before you're sentenced.

Absolutely. I have more of a problem with Incognito's behavior than anything that did or didn't happen to Martin. I've wanted Richie gone before any of the bullying stuff hit.

I totally agree that he is a scumbag. Worse still, he's an overpaid scumbag. But Martin is a pathetic coward. I want them both gone.

I agree. How many sacks did Martin give up this year? He, Richie, Clabo and Jerry have nearly gotten Tannehill killed this year.

Why would he be in prison? For ****ing around with someone who he thought was a friend? Martin clearly has issues and he used his problems to hang and dry Richie and the entire Miami organization when in principle Miami is no different than 31 other NFL locker rooms. The media is fueled by the agenda of making this a huge scandal and they are cherry picking what to write and overlook anything that might contradict Martin's side of the argument, this notion of a twisted culture in Miami is ludicrous and if Miami is a twisted culture than the entire NFL is twisted.

The NFL better be careful here in getting what they ask for, Richie I would bet could hang a lot of people out to dry, Martin included but I bet given the type of "scumbag" Richie is, he won't do that to people he considers "friends" where as Martin will do anything to make himself look better.

You tell me who the bigger scumbag is............I know who I choose.

I'm not even including the Martin/Incognito scandal in why I think Richie should have been cut long ago. This team doesn't need a drunk with anger issues and psychological problems. Just thinking about the judgment Incognito showed in holding meetings at strip clubs. That's the level this guy is on. Imagine how well the players' retention for blocking assignments and improving their technique would go over at a tittie bar. The sexual assault on the golf volunteer was the icing on the cake, which I blame the Dolphins organization for just as much for giving the victim "hush money". Incognito has atrocious character and the the fact that Philbin & Co. thought he would be good in a leadership position shows serious flaws in their judgment.

I don't understand the whole suspension thing in the NFL anymore. I just read about two players that were arrested one was cited for speeding and possession of a controlled substance. The other one for a DWI, but there will be no suspension for these players, both of these charges are illegal and can be prosecuted in a court of law. What Incognito was accused of doing maybe socially wrong it is not illegal and he has been suspended.

Different matters. They cannot be suspended unless they are convicted under the new CBA, so they very well could eventually be suspended. Incognito was suspended by the team, not the NFL, for conduct detrimental to the team, not for legal issues. Was the suspension warranted? I have no idea, because I don't access to what all the team knows and what they based their suspension decision on. I'd be more skeptical if it was anybody else, but we're talking about a player with a LONG history. I also don't see the NFLPA jumping in to assist in appeal, which is interesting. I don't think I'll be jumping on the "Incognito for Sainthood" bandwagon anytime soon.

That's not to say I approve of how Martin handled all of this.

Back
Top Bottom