Indianapolis Colts cap? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Indianapolis Colts cap?

Fisticuff

hm mmm, peanut butter and crack sandwich
Reaction score
with all the talk of Peyton Manning being franchised, i have a question.

the colts are expected to be 1.5 under the cap. How Can Manning be franchised? If he were to be, he is granted an additional 3 million to his 15 million dollar deal. with 18 million, that puts them OVER the cap. so my question is how can Manning be franchised? How can you give money to a player which doesn't exist?

seems to me unless Manning wants to stay, i don't see a way of the colts keeping him. they have some big names to resign. Marcus Washington, Josh Williams, Nick Harper, Rick DeMulling, Ryan Diem, and Dominic Rhodes.

if the colts wish to improve the D, while keeping the offense solid, they can't afford Manning. Maybe even getting a solid Game Manager is in their best interest.

Colts have some serious cap issues. They are a cash poor organization and it will be difficult to address the cap situation because it will necessitate upfront cash. There's no way the Colts can create the cap space to franchise Manning without dismantling the team, thus they will need to be very creative with his deal but I fully expect it to be done. They will also need to extend Harrison who has only one year left

ESPN reported that franchising Manning would mean 4 cuts (almost all offense) and most likley couldn't resign some big FA on the team.

Manning sells tickets so let the rest be damned.If me getting rid of 5 starters to get under the cap so be it.

But even Manning won't sell tickets if the team sucks. Look at all the times the Phins were blacked out in the late 80s with Marino (in his prime) at the helm.

Hell of a paycheck to pay ball wouldn't you say

Back
Top Bottom