**Inevitable throwback jersey super thread** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Inevitable throwback jersey super thread**

I like the new aqua (which is really aqua, and not teal), and I don't even hate the new logo. What I don't like about the new uniforms is just the construction of them. The "MIAMI" tramp stamp, and other things.

Just poorly designed uniforms in some respects.

Though to be fair, they're honestly not bad. Look at the new Bucs uniforms. Those are bad.
I agree. Although I love the throwbacks, I actually like our current uniforms a lot and love the logo. The previous logo/uniforms were ugly as ****.

I was a huge fan of the throwbacks as well, though i love the way the new logo looks on apparel. its funny, but the throw backs have been tarnished to for me by one particular individual who comments on every single official dolphins posts on facebook with "bring back the old logo" and as petty as it sounds i'm so tired of seeing those posts (yes i know i choose to read them) i hope they never change back just for spite.

dude i know exactly who you are talking about lol

is there another game they are wearing this too?

Bills finale. That's why I might attend. I have yet to attend a game with the new uniforms/logo and I doubt I'll ever do so.

Yes, we got off lucky by Nike standards. It wasn't a butchering but a senseless moderate decline...change for the sake of change. Worst aspects are the washed out color scheme, tramp stamp and especially the motion sickness logo.

That logo shift is so representative of all the blunders from this franchise over the past dozen years or so. No need to think. Excess thought leads to subjective ineptitude. The helmet curves toward the eyebrows. Maybe the logo should follow that path. Let's see, that's been good enough for 95+% of all examples. Instead we're applying some stupid rationalization that an actual dolphin twists this way or that way. Don't you think if it actually mattered the topic would have surfaced in let's say...the prior 45 years?

There's actually a rumor floating right now that the team is looking to go back to the throwbacks full time, as the five year mandatory period between uniform swaps is expiring.

Tom Garfinkel has dropped a couple of cryptic comments about this in the past.
This needs to happen ASAP.

I don't think they will go back to the throwbacks full time. If anything you will see them make the new uniforms look more like the old ones along the lines of what the Bills did.
That would be fine too. Just lose these current uniforms. They suck.

I can’t stand the new logo. If I’m buying merch I only look at the retro stuff. I would love to switch permanently and wear the 90s uniforms for our alternate.

I’m pretty sure Miami would have had to notify the league last Mach (2017) if they were changing anything on the uniform. We could have and some how kept it from leaking but I doubt it. I know the titans will have new uniforms for next year
My understanding was that you notify in March the year prior to the season, not 2 years. And since Miami had to keep the current uniform for this season, they couldn't make the change until spring of 2018 anyway.

My understanding was that you notify in March the year prior to the season, not 2 years. And since Miami had to keep the current uniform for this season, they couldn't make the change until spring of 2018 anyway.
Informing the league the same year they want to make changes to a isn't enough time to change merchandise for that same year. That would mean they would have to change all their draft stuff in time for April and that's not just the stuff for the players to wear that includes the stuff that has to be sold to the public.

If I remember correctly sports store usually have the catalogs with the new designs a month or two prior to a big event. I used to know a guy that ran our local sports store and he used to let us look at the catalog months before the new gear was out. They had those catalogs that far in advance so they could place their order early and have them in time for the event. I think the it thing that isn't on an advanced time table is Super Bowl gear and that merchandise isn't always the best quality in the first couple weeks you buy it.

It’s definitely not the same year. The titans have already filed with the league, which is why we know they will have new uniforms. They’re could be a chance that we did and it didn’t leak but I highly doubt it. As much as I’d like to go back to the old look, I don’t think those in charge of this decision would change from the new logo after only 5 years. Makes it look like it was a huge mistake to change in the first place

It’s definitely not the same year. The titans have already filed with the league, which is why we know they will have new uniforms. They’re could be a chance that we did and it didn’t leak but I highly doubt it. As much as I’d like to go back to the old look, I don’t think those in charge of this decision would change from the new logo after only 5 years. Makes it look like it was a huge mistake to change in the first place

Is it possible that because the throwbacks are an "existing" set, that they don't need the full advance time span....

Is it possible that because the throwbacks are an "existing" set, that they don't need the full advance time span....

I did think of that and that could be possible. That’s probably best case scenario as we move closer to the offseason.

No. You're still missing the logistical side of making the change. The change just isn't for the team. It's also for all the merchandise as well as promotional materials and even all the signs in the stadium. It's a huge undertaking to have to rebrand a company and that is exactly what changing the logo is, a rebrand.

No. You're still missing the logistical side of making the change. The change just isn't for the team. It's also for all the merchandise as well as promotional materials and even all the signs in the stadium. It's a huge undertaking to have to rebrand a company and that is exactly what changing the logo is, a rebrand.

I get that, but since throwback merchandise already exists, things like templates, approved color pallets, etc. don't have to be done from scratch...

Back
Top Bottom