Info on Al Harris's injury -- this doesn't sound good | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Info on Al Harris's injury -- this doesn't sound good

MiamiHitman13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is from ESPN Rumors http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Al Harris cleared waivers Tuesday afternoon, and was free to sign with any NFL team. By Wednesday morning, Aaron Wilson of National Football Post had reported that Harris has signed with the Miami Dolphins, per agent Jack Bechta.

Harris did a number on his left leg on Nov. 22, 2009. On that day, he tore the anterior cruciate ligament, the lateral collateral ligament, the IT band, the fibular collateral ligament and the lateral hamstring. If you're considering a hunt for any other players that have suffered the same battery of injuries at once, good luck.

As such, it's hard to say whether he's fully back to form. In order to sign, he needed to pass a physical, but that doesn't guarantee that he can perform at a high level. Even so, Harris does provide some veteran depth for a young corps of CBs.

move makes little sense. as much as Allen sucks at cb, he can contribute on ST's. this regime is starting to become a bit of a joke to me.

He played last week for the pack. Just talked to a friend of mine who's a pack fan and said he didn't play much because the pack have a lot of young, up-and-coming corners...but he did say he didn't look all that great when he did play. Can't imagine the psycological effect an injury like that might cause.

\
E\
...\
....o

Last edited by a moderator:
reminiscent of when larry csonka played football with steve austin, the man barely alive.

I posted this earlier but with all the issues we are still having on special teams this is a dumb move unless Jason Allen did not want to be aroung here any longer. Last week against the Ravens that fake punt really could have cost us the game. Our team was still somewhat confident up to that point after stopping them and then that dumb special teams play took the wind out of our sails. I just assume their are no good ST coaches out there becuause while we are playing marginally better on ST than earlier that means very little when we were playing that bad. NO accountablitliy on ST may have cost us our season. Say what you want about Henning while he has not been scoring at will Henning has not been putting the phins in position to loose the game because of just the offense. The games we have lost ST has has a hand in every one of them period. In the Bolts game really the defence the entire game gave up way to much period. The offense was fine until all of those intercepts of which 2 were on the recievers fault.

Dont get too excited guys.. I had a severe injury to my knee back in the late 80's that required pretty close to a full knee replacement. At that time, I was out of action for a full year.. After one year, I was back playing baseball and I would guestimate my knee was very close to being 85%.. With today's medicine, I am sure Al Harris's knee is 90-95% of what it once was.. and as each week passes, his leg will get stronger and stronger..

So my only fear is that he gets hit in his knee or lands the wrong way, which would probably take him out of the game regardless of if his knee was repaired or not..

Back
Top Bottom