Initial Impressions Of QB Jay Cutler | Good Morning Football | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Initial Impressions Of QB Jay Cutler | Good Morning Football

Nickel and dimin' ... gotta love it. Everyone knows this offense can be special. But coach needs to let Errrrr rip!!! Come on just do it!!!

Played a perfect game manager role. I expect that will change as the season progresses, but every week is different and he did what he needed to.

He looked OK.

Boring first half... check down city.

Second was a bit better. But still wasnt anything great.

Its gonna bug me all these under thrown "50/50 jumpballs" are going to be "giving his wr a chance" when with RT it would be just called an under throw.

RT would have carved that D up imo. But im still rooting for JC to do well! Will be entertaining either way.

Be glad we have Ajayi and he looks as good if not better than last year. Season rides on him staying healthy.

I was pleased with what I saw from Cutler. For a first outing, that was great. Gase will open up the playcalling as he gets comfortable with where Cutler is at. The offense will gradually become more explosive with hopefully no concomitant increase in mistakes and turnovers.

I don't really care to compare Cutler and Tannehill or play the "what if" game because nothing will change the fact Tannehill got hurt and is not available this season. The bottom line is we had a starting caliber QB fall into our laps and as long as he stays healthy the season is not lost.

Reactions: <O>
cutler was just ok yesterday, i hope gase opens it up more going forward, the playcalling in the first half was brutal.

He made a couple plays I've never seen Tannehill make in 5 years so that's something to build on. He definitely can move in the pocket and he looks a lot more athletic than I remember.

He looked OK.

Boring first half... check down city.

Second was a bit better. But still wasnt anything great.

Its gonna bug me all these under thrown "50/50 jumpballs" are going to be "giving his wr a chance" when with RT it would be just called an under throw.

RT would have carved that D up imo. But im still rooting for JC to do well! Will be entertaining either way.

Be glad we have Ajayi and he looks as good if not better than last year. Season rides on him staying healthy.

The second half was actually great. 9.7 YPA, three of six on passes 20+ yards in the air, including one for a TD, and appeared to avoid several sacks with movement. He was the prime mover in the fourth-quarter comeback, most definitely.

With inflation, maybe the nickel and dime analogy needs to change. He was $5 and $10 dollaring the defense.

In all seriousness, this game was about hanging close with Jay Ajayi. We had to get the running game going to win and, even then, this is a game the Chargers should have won instead.

Solid opener for Cutler, but agree that the Dolphins need to start making chunk plays. I think Gase felt with so much time off that a conservative game plan was Miami's best chance.

Back
Top Bottom