Interest between Dolphins & Alex Smith is REAL, Fins willing to spend big on Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interest between Dolphins & Alex Smith is REAL, Fins willing to spend big on Smith

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Before it was reported by the Denver Post I am proud to say I reported on this site the Dolphins were negotiating a contract with Alex Smith. Now I tell you negotiations continue through the night & are ongoing. It does not stop there, according to a source (I know this website hates the word, but bare with me) the fact Miami is throwing big money at Smith is a clear sign that indeed both side are interested in each other and speculation of leverage by fans & pundits that Smith is using Miami or Miami was using Smith is not true. Smith could very well take the deal Miami is offering & could land with the Dolphins.

There is more, the feeling in San Francisco (like every team that has hosted Manning) is they are about to land Manning, but I am told that the relation between Alex Smith & the 49ers has gotten so bitter that Smith & SanFran might not make up even if they fail to land Manning. Cisco is high on Kaepernick and if Smith parts & Manning chooses another team, Harbaugh is ready to make Kaepernick the starter. It would take a deal close to what Sanchez got to persuade Smith from leaving if SanFran misses on Manning & the 49ers don't want to tie themselves long term to Alex, they believe Colin is the QB of the future.

great...so we're gonna dump a bunch of money and a long term commitment in alex smith...be a much harder contract to get out of than the one flynn signed i'm sure of that

I agree, I would've rather given Flynn what Seattle did. He knows this offense extremely well and his cap number would've been less than what they may eventually throw at Smith who I'm not impressed with in the slightest. I'd rather stick with Moore to be honest.

great...so we're gonna dump a bunch of money and a long term commitment in alex smith...be a much harder contract to get out of than the one flynn signed i'm sure of that

1.) It is not guaranteed Smith signs

2.) The number that keeps coming up is 8 million a year.

I really don't want Smith, especially if we have to overpay and twist his arm to come here.

whats kind of funny is Smith is ONE year older then flynn, and has all that exp and won in the playoffs.

i just don't know how i feel tho... what will be exciting tho is alex smith and reggie bush played on the same team in high school

I sure hope they see something in Smith that I don't see.

According to reports the Dolphins truly believed Flynn was not worth his asking prize. Like Rosenhaus pointed out tonight, "If they wanted Flynn, they could've made it happen." Flynn was not a Dolphins priority.

whats kind of funny is Smith is ONE year older then flynn, and has all that exp and won in the playoffs.

i just don't know how i feel tho... what will be exciting tho is alex smith and reggie bush played on the same team in high school

Lol I forgot about that. I guess one ringing endorsement for AS was Bush once stated (when he was with New Orleans) that Smith was better than almost every Qb he had seen in the NFL after 2 seasons. Maybe their chemistry will make for a dangerous combo, I've always said that Bush needs to be catching passes out of the backfield to utilize him best.

Don't want to sound like an ahole, but you realize there will be a draft.

Yeah well who and how many rookies are going to come in and play at a high level? You do realize that we may very well draft a passrusher with our 1st pick. So who do we get after that who can come in and be a big playmaker??!! We need more then 1 playmaker also.

Philbin must not think much of FLynn at all, Seattle fans have a right to be nervous over that signing. Not sure how I feel about signing Smith.

Back
Top Bottom