Interest between Dolphins & Alex Smith is REAL, Fins willing to spend big on Smith | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interest between Dolphins & Alex Smith is REAL, Fins willing to spend big on Smith

8 mil for Smith....fml

Smith = Sparano; Always settling for FG's

Man we dropped the ball atm this offseason

Don't want to sound like an ahole, but you realize there will be a draft.
i honestly think Seattle over paid for Flynn and if we can get Smith for money in the same range ( 8 million yr) and with a similar guaranted amount upfront (Hoops) I'd do it.
The Bush contection is interesting.

According to reports the Dolphins truly believed Flynn was not worth his asking prize. Like Rosenhaus pointed out tonight, "If they wanted Flynn, they could've made it happen." Flynn was not a Dolphins priority.

I deduced as much, but they think Smith is worth that kind of $?

I want to vomit. I really do not think much of Alex Smith.

That said, if we sign him I sure hope I'm proven to be dead wrong.

This goes to show you that this team had no plan to fix the quarterback vacancy like they proclaimed. If they had a plan then Alex Smith wouldn't have been an option considering he was suppose to be still on the 49ers roster. This front office lie and will look stupid when the stadium is empty next season because they can't get us a competent quarterback. Serves them right for putting garbage on the field.

How exactly is Smith any better than Moore??? WIth similar (or even slightly better) offensive talent, he managed 1 more td and about 300 more yards!!! That includes 3 extra games too! How does that translate into 8 mil. a year???

Who was smiths #2 option besides Davis? No ill wait..its a reason the 9ers just signed two starters.at least we know smith can put up decent #s without a slew of weapons like flynn in greenbay.if Phil didn't want him he must not be all that great! Period...

We were set to draft Alex if the 49er's passed. We took ronnie at #2. Smith has now fought his way back from complete bust to solid starter with playoff experiance and several come from behind games last year. 19 td and 5 ints proves it. He deserves stater pay(earned it)
We have another chance to get him , Must be karma. good i hope.

This guy is just insignificant enough to sign with us. I think it will happen.

Smith probably doesn't realize how bad the stadium is. Or perhaps I'm not giving him enough credit. He's encouraged the boos will be coming from further away.

Big news for local tarp companies. If he's the quarterback, more upper deck seats need to be hidden than previously planned.

That's what I thought when they passed on Flynn. They seemed to think more highly of Smith than Flynn. If Philbin likes Smith, then I'll give him a chance. He's shown upside and improvement. Who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please say no Smith.....I'd rather sign Vince Young n just have Moore start another year. If we suck, we go after Barkley.

This year, stockpile on WR's in the draft...like my wishful wishlist below: Floyd n Hill

Hope he signs because the alternative is not that great. Lets hope GM can draft his first good QB if Smith does not sign. Listen to philbin in the draft or else!

Imagine Alex Smith was drafted in 2009 and evaluate him from there. His QB Rating has improved every single year for three years straight, less INTs each, more pass yards each year. Hell even his rushing avg has gone up. Best part he is only 27 years old.

Back
Top Bottom