Interesting info on Zach Martin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting info on Zach Martin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Found this when looking at the scouting report on Martin from Russ Lande of The National Football Post. I guess we should soon find out.

Some scouts will knock Martin and say he has short arms, but I was at the Notre Dame Pro Day last spring, and the scout who was doing the hand and arm measurements was not doing it correctly. If I recall, they measured his arms at just over 32”. When he goes to the Combine, they will be longer.

Yeah, that was the knock on him. That is why alot of pundits were projecting him at guard. If he comes out and has arms that are 33+ins., it will definitely change the perception.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno how long his arms are, I know he's a heck of a player though. IMO if he drops to us because his arms are missing an inch, that's a heck of a deal for us.

All a anyone talked about last year when talking about Pugh, was his short arms, he came out of this season the highest rated olineman in the entire draft.

I love him. However, I think he goes before 19.

Versatility, stability, great technician, high character, athletic, pass pro +.

Makes a ton of sense for Miami. I'm a little worried about Baltimore at #17, but if ZM makes it to #19 it's a very smart pick.

I don't care how long his arms are....he is the guy we should pick at #19. He started more games than any other player in ND history, he can play multiple positions on the line, and is a high character guy who we can pencil in for the next ten years. We gotta get quality O-lineman, and this guy is it.

NFL.com has him with the same measurements as Walter football

thanks, it looks like the CBS Sports site may have been just using Sr Bowl measurements for some guys and listing it under the Combine Measurements, as those #'s match up

it looks like there is inconsistency in these measurements across various websites. Walter Football had martin at 32 1/4" at the Senior Bowl and National football post had him at 34 3/8" .

it looks like there is inconsistency in these measurements across various websites. Walter Football had martin at 32 1/4" at the Senior Bowl and National football post had him at 34 3/8" .

34 3/8" is significantly different from the 32 1/4" at the senior bowl. I just went to NFL.com and they had him as 32 7/8"

Back
Top Bottom