Interesting Statistics about sacks! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Statistics about sacks!

So what your telling me is if you can pass rush really well and protect your QB you will do well. NO WAY!?!?!?

Cool, we are headed toward +16 differential. Super Bowl bound!

Very good read!!! One of the things that makes RT so successful is his ability to read the defense before the snap, and has a great idea of where he is going with the ball. That allows him to get rid of the ball very quickly and cuts down on sacks. That combined with the way Coyle is getting great play out of our secondary give the DL a better chance to get sacks. Offense and defense working together under Philbin better than I could have possibly imagined.

I really hope Ross can find a way to keep this coaching staff together for several years to build some consistency like the pats had during Brady's first few years. That is going to be hard to do in todays NFL if they continue to field a team performing the way they have the last few weeks.

IMO, this article is very much an incomplete piece of work . Yes, getting sacks is good and yes, allowing sacks is not, but taking the difference between the two and using that as a predictor of success is a stretch - as the article itself shows. E.g. Winless Cleveland is much higher ranked at sack differential than 4-1 Arizona. When the data you're using to support your hypothesis actually undermines the hypothesis you have to wonder if you've really thought it through.

#27 Category we are ranked in the top 5, wow, with no playmakers? Who are these hoodinis ? Maybe they are like the Chicago Guys who cooked up the unemployment numbers. LMAO..

Back
Top Bottom