Interesting.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting....

We can't afford him, unless we create another hole somewhere else (say, CB).

Good player, and I bet Joe and Sherman can get the best out of him, the raw talent is there. Sign him up Jeff :woot:

I'd take this guy over Keller and Cook. If Jeff Ireland can find a way to free up a little more money without hurting the team that badly, I'd sign up for this yesterday. I have to say, despite his shortcomings and failure to produce a winner so far, I was actually impressed with Ireland on the Finsiders the other day. He said to be set up this way, cap space and 5 early picks, was no coincidence. He also "broke his own rule" to draft Tanny. Maybe this offseason is where he can make us believers again? There's certainly no reason for him not to build a winner here. If he fails at it this time, see you later pal.

Why not? Don't resign Bush and Fasano and now you have the money.

Makes sense because Bush is all but gone anyway, and he would pretty much replace Fasano. Bring in a cheaper option or draft another option for #2, assuming you give up on Egnew.

Considering we may be cutting R.Marshall and possibly drafting his replacement, we could use the money saved to lure Finley. Or we can swing some kind of trade includding Dansby? I think they need a MLB, and we can always find a cheaper replacement for Dansby who is making way too much money and is a better fit for a 3-4 Def.

Finley isn't expensive, he's young and knows philbins system. He is a nice option but with Jared cook, Dustin Keller, and possibly Finley now free agents Miami has got to acknowledge their need for playmaking tightends.

We can't afford him, unless we create another hole somewhere else (say, CB).
Yes we can but we may need to say goodbye to some big $ guys like Big Jake and Reggie. Side note - you realize Finley is Javorskie Lane's half brother. Make it happen JI, get the brothers on the same team...

Forgot about the Philbin connection. It would make sense and we could definitely get the best out of him. If Jennings signs first, maybe the Finley shoe drops shortly there after.

By all reports Philbin and Finley had a particularly strong relationship, this signing wouldn't surprise me at all. Frankly I would rather have him than Cook and I believe Ertz and Eifert will both go before our second round pick.

take a shot he has to be better than what we have now.would love jennings and finley down in miami

His comments are a screaming red flag.

He spent all season long taking pot shots and griping about his QB to the media.

What do you think he will do when he gets a 2nd year QB?

Back
Top Bottom