Ireland Hits a Home Run | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland Hits a Home Run

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Everytime they talked about Dion Jordan on Path to the Draft, I felt a little jealous for the team getting him. All along I thought that would be the Jacksonville Jaguars. Well, you can imagine my excitement when the Dolphins traded up and got him.

This kid reminds me so much of Jason Taylor something I have said many times. I think Miami will initially move him around and create mismatches where they can. It's even possible the Dolphins draft another DE and use Jordan mostly at linebacker.

We'll see if Ireland continues to go for the home run the rest of the draft. I wouldn't discout another trade up (Armstead, Hunter, Taylor of Boise St). I think Miami looks to improve the secondary today and maybe ends up signing a RT in free agency.

I was pleasantly surprised when we took him as it was generally assumed the Fins traded up to take Lane Johnson. I don't mind Johnson at all but we need playmakers and he's a fast, agile, and versatile player in a position of need for us so it's a great deal in my mind. I honestly didn't do as much research on him as a player as I did others because I just didn't think we'd be in a position to take him so this is all pretty exciting. Three more picks today so bring it on!!

Definitely didn't see this move coming at all but am excited we did grab him. I've also had to go back and look up his combine and path to the draft videos, just assumed he'd be way to expensive to trade up for

I hope so. As good as Jason Taylor was, because of a mediocre offense we didn't win any super bowl with him. I still don't see an explosive offense - without that (in today's nfl) you don't win titles.

Hey phinfan1983 -- I agree with you on playmakers. I hope we pick up one more receiver, maybe Wheaton or Swopes to help the offense. I know Ireland said that he counts wr as a team strength, but we are still missing some pieces there. A tight end like Kelce or Escobar could happen as well.

Back
Top Bottom