Ireland mentioned in USA Today story on alleged NFL illegal interview practices | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland mentioned in USA Today story on alleged NFL illegal interview practices

A TE told reporters that he was asked by a team if he was gay. The NFL is looking into it and there might be punishments. Obviously sexual orientation shouldn't have any bearing on a persons draft stock. $20 says it was Ireland.

I honestly think the Dez story was overblown. I completely think that was a way to measure his attitude.

Now, asking about sexuality is expressly forbidden by the law.

False. Not true. Nothing fact based here. Some states allow it and others don't. Its a states matter. The ATL Falcons can ask such a question, but a team in California can't.

So let me get this straight if a job has a salary over a certain amount National Labor Laws do not have to be followed in the interview process?

In RIght to Work states, you can be hired and fired for any reason under the sun.

Maybe Dez shouldn't have been so transparently forthcoming with his replies. It's obvious that he's far from the sharpest knife in the drawer, as evidenced by the way he let that yahoo hack Adam Silver exploit this question to sensationalize it for his own aggrandizement - never realizing that going public would out his felon, previously jailed mommy as a crack whore.

Perhaps Dez should have been more diplomatic: "My mom's a poultry farmer - over the years she's raised 1000s of ****s" ya think?

This is absolutely classic.. : ))))

Its silly to act like they ask these questions to get a rise out of people, I mean why not say racial crap to see what happens and then justify it lol. Hopefully the team( not the dolphins) that is asking sexuality questions gets a hefty fine.

thats extreme but lets take Dez, whats the difference between him reacting badly and whining whern ireland says his mom is a "poultry farmer"-(Credit Vaark) or someone in a bar or a club, and subsequently the man no matter how justified ends up in the hospital because Dez couldnt keep his composure?? now the team would have a million dollar investment in a man thats in jail...THATS the point,

thats extreme but lets take Dez, whats the difference between him reacting badly and whining whern ireland says his mom is a "poultry farmer"-(Credit Vaark) or someone in a bar or a club, and subsequently the man no matter how justified ends up in the hospital because Dez couldnt keep his composure?? now the team would have a million dollar investment in a man thats in jail...THATS the point,

There is no point, that could happen to anybody, hell I guess Ireland did not ask Koa Misi the right question lol. Ireland is no expert on human nature , he should just as the logical questions that are pertinent

There is no point, that could happen to anybody, hell I guess Ireland did not ask Koa Misi the right question lol. Ireland is no expert on human nature , he should just as the logical questions that are pertinent

no Ireland follows through with the league norm, its not only Ireland asking the dumb ignorant "foreland" type questions its across the board, Dez just wanted to cry to the media about it

no Ireland follows through with the league norm, its not only Ireland asking the dumb ignorant "foreland" type questions its across the board, Dez just wanted to cry to the media about it

Yea how dare he spotlight us for an ignorant question> I doubt its the league norm but Im sure Ireland is not the only stupid gm that has done it

Yea how dare he spotlight us for an ignorant question> I doubt its the league norm but Im sure Ireland is not the only stupid gm that has done it

you nor I can say that for sure, but based on reports that this kid was asked about his sexuality pretty much confirms that it is more of a norm than not....

tell the truth we can be a 13-3 team and you would still be bitter that Ireland is the Gm...

you nor I can say that for sure, but based on reports that this kid was asked about his sexuality pretty much confirms that it is more of a norm than not....

tell the truth we can be a 13-3 team and you would still be bitter that Ireland is the Gm...

What the f would I have to be bitter about, but the reality is he is a norm 7-9 gm.
As for it being norm the kid did not say all teams asked about his sexuality.
I have already said Im over the Ireland flub, I dislike him for his failure here not a mistake made in an interview

What the f would I have to be bitter about, but the reality is he is a norm 7-9 gm.
As for it being norm the kid did not say all teams asked about his sexuality.
I have already said Im over the Ireland flub, I dislike him for his failure here not a mistake made in an interview

because it seems that everything negative that you comment on relegates to ireland/his lack of GMing skills

because it seems that everything negative that you comment on relegates to ireland/his lack of GMing skills

Just the fact that 5 years after becoming gm we have 4 straight losing seasons huge holes at receiver and corner. Should I be complimenting him on this.
Also if u paid attention i actually defended Ireland on the gay issue because I feel he learned alot from that mistake

I think asking about sexuality is perfectly fine for sports! A lockeroom is a pretty private arena, and teams would need to separate the homosexual from the straight athletes!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!

I think asking about sexuality is perfectly fine for sports! A lockeroom is a pretty private arena, and teams would need to separate the homosexual from the straight athletes!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!

all kind of places have lockerrooms and its not some special privildge

Just the fact that 5 years after becoming gm we have 4 straight losing seasons huge holes at receiver and corner. Should I be complimenting him on this.
Also if u paid attention i actually defended Ireland on the gay issue because I feel he learned alot from that mistake

Agreed on Ireland about this issue...After the whore question where he got crushed, no way he puts his name in the news for another dumb question...

Too many on this site are simply content with mediocrity...4 losing seasons and many still are okay with Ireland...Standards have fallen for many Dolfans...

Mediocrity = 7-9, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9.

Back
Top Bottom