Ireland quote.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland quote..

Danny68

NewEngland Fin
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Essentially, he's saying if I'm going to be fired I rather it be done following my own convictions as oppose to someone else's. I personally have no problem with that as long as he's willing to listen to others and take their suggestions, assuming they are valid into consideration also.

If history repeats itself in the draft and then repeats itself during the season, i.e. our fifth consecutive losing season, then he has to go. If history repeats itself in the draft, BUT the team actually improves then he is right to not give a **** about what the fans think.

I think if you listen to anything he says this time of year I need to remind you about- "The #1 pick has to be a guy who will anchor your defense for years"

"If history repeats itself, I don't really care what the public perception is," general manager Jeff Ireland said. "I care about what my scouts say and what my eyes are telling me."

Is this good or bad? Whatta ya all think?

Well thats what he should always go with although, I personally could care less about his imsight until he proves himself a good gm

Well then this board will go crazy because according to most armchair GM's WE NEED SEXY DRAFT PICS MANNNNNNNN. If Patterson is available and we take Lane Johnson (assuming we dont sign Long) oh man this board will crash haha.

Just use the money and picks to make the team better Ireland. If you and the staff think that Lane Johnson will make us better or picking a guard up in FA will help RT develop then GO FOR IT.

If I was an NFL GM, I'd never care what fans thought. The vast majority of fans are incomprehensibly stupid.

I didn't hear or read the full interview but I interpret it as he has no problem with taking an O-lineman with the first pick similar to what he has done in the past.

why would an NFL gm give a rat's a$$ about "public perception," ever? "the public" are not professional football people, and have zero to do with the entire process of team building.

Well then this board will go crazy because according to most armchair GM's WE NEED SEXY DRAFT PICS MANNNNNNNN. If Patterson is available and we take Lane Johnson (assuming we dont sign Long) oh man this board will crash haha.

Just use the money and picks to make the team better Ireland. If you and the staff think that Lane Johnson will make us better or picking a guard up in FA will help RT develop then GO FOR IT.

Whats better? An average line with above average skill position players or an above average line with average skill position players?
This is where I think conventional thinking has been hurting us....

Let me frame the question another way whats more dangerous?

1) You have the best o-line in football throwing to Brain Hartline?
2) You have an average o-line throwing to Desean Jackson?

I had enough of Ireland last season. His picks as backwards. He should have taken wr in the early rounds and tackle,te,and rb in the later rounds. At this point I am just waiting on the firing. Hopefully we will get another player or two and he can keep what we have intact without creating more holes. I hope these picks are his so he cannot deflect the blame.

"If history repeats itself, I don't really care what the public perception is," general manager Jeff Ireland said. "I care about what my scouts say and what my eyes are telling me."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-combine-dolphins-0223-20130223,0,3549142.story

Is this good or bad? Whatta ya all think?

thats exactly my philosophy. This isnt politics where your trying to get elected. Your trying to keep your job.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

I had enough of Ireland last season. His picks as backwards. He should have taken wr in the early rounds and tackle,te,and rb in the later rounds. At this point I am just waiting on the firing. Hopefully we will get another player or two and he can keep what we have intact without creating more holes. I hope these picks are his so he cannot deflect the blame.

not a tannehill fan huh? lol

:lol: That means just one thing. He's drafting oline in the 1st round and is basically telling the fans to go **** themselves. There's a critical difference between arrogance and confidence. When someone's history includes 4 straight losing seasons and multiple failed visions, there should be some level of humility, self reflection, and an openness to getting better.

Back
Top Bottom