Ireland quote.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland quote..

Isn't the General Manager also responsible for ticket sales? He had damn well better care about what the fans think. GMs with empty stadiums don't last long.

:lol: That means just one thing. He's drafting oline in the 1st round and is basically telling the fans to go **** themselves. There's a critical difference between arrogance and confidence. When someone's history includes 4 straight losing seasons and multiple failed visions, there should be some level of humility, self reflection, and an openness to getting better.
If he drafts offensive line in the first round I guarantee there will be supporters here saying he made the right choice. :lol: Ridiculous.

If you read the quote as part of the article, Ireland is referring to the "public perception" (draft experts) who said Tannehill was a reach and Pouncey was a reach. Ireland is saying he cares more about what his eyes and what his scouts say about a player, not about what Mel Kiper or Todd McShay or Mike Mayock or Charley Casserly or anyone else in the media believes a player should be taken.

Ireland is not referring to the fans at all. Pouncey is one of the best young centers and Tannehill looks like he could be legit with some actual weapons around him.

I have no problem with what Ireland said, especially when you take into consideration the context in which he said it.

When my eyes first glanced over this, I thought this said "Ireland quit."

I was expecting a parade, confetti and projectile corks.

the dolphins or ross should of fired him it is a wrong to let him screw us for another year he will mess up this drafe look at his track record he sucks

the dolphins or ross should of fired him it is a wrong to let him screw us for another year he will mess up this drafe look at his track record he sucks

bla bla bla

Well we are stuck with this so far below average gm , we can only hope he does a better job. Hoping is one thing but evidence doesnt show that I think he will

If you read the quote as part of the article, Ireland is referring to the "public perception" (draft experts) who said Tannehill was a reach and Pouncey was a reach. Ireland is saying he cares more about what his eyes and what his scouts say about a player, not about what Mel Kiper or Todd McShay or Mike Mayock or Charley Casserly or anyone else in the media believes a player should be taken.

Ireland is not referring to the fans at all. Pouncey is one of the best young centers and Tannehill looks like he could be legit with some actual weapons around him.

I have no problem with what Ireland said, especially when you take into consideration the context in which he said it.

Problem is, does anyone actually trust Ireland to put actual weapons around him?

I am ok with picking O-line in the first round but ONLY if we have already addressed the WR position through free agency by signing either Wallace, Jennings, or Bowe.

Problem is, does anyone actually trust Ireland to put actual weapons around him?

In reality I dont think anyone does but there are those to that like to believe he just collected a check for years and blame all bad decisions on Parcells

Ireland meets with the media, select "fans" extract one quote from the session, misinterpret it, and proceed to rip Ireland to meet their monthly bash quota.

Ireland meets with the media, select "fans" extract one quote from the session, misinterpret it, and proceed to rip Ireland to meet their monthly bash quota.

Personally i dont think he was referring to the fans but I think we have every right to bash a gm that has lead us to 4 straight losing seasons.

Personally i dont think he was referring to the fans but I think we have every right to bash a gm that has lead us to 4 straight losing seasons.

Doesn't matter if it was Ireland, Ross or Dee. Anytime these guys make public statement their words always get twisted to paint a negative story. It isn't always "fans" that do it, the media is at fault for doing this also. When they announced Ireland was going to speak at the combine the first thought in my mind was what quote would the media or "fans" twist into something negative or attempt to make him look clueless or arrogant. You know that if the Dolphins struggle this upcoming season that "fans" will start dissecting Joe Philbin's quotes and twisting them. We all know that Ireland is not a popular figure among some "fans", I don't need the constant reminders. I would rather have educated conversations about free agency and the draft instead of the "I hate Ireland", "Ireland should have been fired", "he is going to fail this offseason" one liners.

Thank God for VIP.

Doesn't matter if it was Ireland, Ross or Dee. Anytime these guys make public statement their words always get twisted to paint a negative story. It isn't always "fans" that do it, the media is at fault for doing this also. When they announced Ireland was going to speak at the combine the first thought in my mind was what quote would the media or "fans" twist into something negative or attempt to make him look clueless or arrogant. You know that if the Dolphins struggle this upcoming season that "fans" will start dissecting Joe Philbin's quotes and twisting them. We all know that Ireland is not a popular figure among some "fans", I don't need the constant reminders. I would rather have educated conversations about free agency and the draft instead of the "I hate Ireland", "Ireland should have been fired", "he is going to fail this offseason" one liners.Thank God for VIP.

Why should Ireland be popular among fans. Losing coaches are not popular and neither are gms. I dont hate Ireland I just dont think he has done a good job overall as our gm which is quite well reflected in 4 straight losing seasons . Im pretty sure plenty of people on this website can give you an intelligent conversation on why they dont think Ireland has done a good job. If Ireland was considered a good gm by the fans it would be the reverse situation with people saying how genius he was each time he spoke. Success has a way of making people respect what you say more. Ireland has not earned the respect of the majority of the fan base thus comes the negative when he speaks out.

Doesn't matter if it was Ireland, Ross or Dee. Anytime these guys make public statement their words always get twisted to paint a negative story. It isn't always "fans" that do it, the media is at fault for doing this also. When they announced Ireland was going to speak at the combine the first thought in my mind was what quote would the media or "fans" twist into something negative or attempt to make him look clueless or arrogant. You know that if the Dolphins struggle this upcoming season that "fans" will start dissecting Joe Philbin's quotes and twisting them. We all know that Ireland is not a popular figure among some "fans", I don't need the constant reminders. I would rather have educated conversations about free agency and the draft instead of the "I hate Ireland", "Ireland should have been fired", "he is going to fail this offseason" one liners.

Thank God for VIP.
Four straight losing seasons and the worst stretch in team history will cause that. If they want that to change, they should try learning how to run an NFL team.

Back
Top Bottom