Ireland retained | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland retained

TKAllDay

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Per Rotoworld as per Miami Herald... "Associates of Dolphins owner Stephen Ross tell the Miami Herald that Ross has "seen enough improvement" this season to retain GM Jeff Ireland into 2013.Ireland appeared to be on a short leash as the season opened, but Ross and the Dolphins' upper management are encouraged after a mostly competitive season with rookie Ryan Tannehill showing promise at quarterback. "He sees progress," said a friend of Ross. The Dolphins are 6-8 after Sunday's win over Jacksonville. Miami will close out the season at home versus Buffalo and at New England."

If he resigns Jake Long I'm going to blow a gasket. That's the one thing I truly fear with him here.

This was part of Barry Jackson's writing lately.

I rather Ross come out and say "I'm retaining Jeff Ireland . . . end of story" rather than feed us some bogus excuse about improvement as the reason why he is keeping him.

How can the weakest schedule since 2008 and facing the prospects of another typical Ireland 6-10 / 7-9 season be considered "improvement". Looks like more of the same. Sure he has a rookie QB . . . he is also the reason why that same rookie QB has the worst set of WR's in the NFL and a big time dilemma at CB in the offseason. Ireland doesn't seem like a guy who can find the talent to bring explosiveness to Sunlife stadium . . . which in turn will help fill the seats.

Oh well, we knew he was getting retained outside of a complete cluster**** . . . may as well stop talking about it now.

Improvement? We were 6-10 last year and will likely be 7-9 this year. Improvement?

the colts have improved.

Improvement is reaching the playoffs and having more than a mediocre offense. I have seen neither.

Improvement? We were 6-10 last year and will likely be 7-9 this year. Improvement?

the colts have improved.

#1 We were 6-10 last year.

#2 I think it's obvious to anyone that watches football that the Colts quit last year. This year they are playing like Manning never left. It's a farce, and they should be penalized just like those cheating ass Koreans in the olympics.

did anyone think the owner too stupid to fire sparano and too stupid to go after harbaugh right would fire Ireland

seriously? i could think of way worse things to blow your gasket over.

If he pays him the money he's asking for I'll know that once again he will ignore skill positions. Something we desperately need, and can possibly afford next year.

Joe Philbin, Mike Sherman, Kevin Coyle and Ryan Tannehill saved Ireland's bacon.

Why?

Philbin has steered a steady ship all year.

Sherman, with his offensive design, has masked to the best of his ability the lack of playmakers.

Coyle has been excellent this year. Coyle has nice front 7 thanks to Ireland (giving credit where it is due), but Ireland's decisions concerning the secondary have sucked over the years.

Tannehill...this draft pick probably saved Jeff the most. That Ireland "found a QB" probably allows him to continue his work. By the way, I give Mike Sherman tons of credit for getting the Fins to draft RT.

I rather Ross come out and say "I'm retaining Jeff Ireland . . . end of story" rather than feed us some bogus excuse about improvement as the reason why he is keeping him.

How can the weakest schedule since 2008 and facing the prospects of another typical Ireland 6-10 / 7-9 season be considered "improvement". Looks like more of the same. Sure he has a rookie QB . . . he is also the reason why that same rookie QB has the worst set of WR's in the NFL and a big time dilemma at CB in the offseason. Ireland doesn't seem like a guy who can find the talent to bring explosiveness to Sunlife stadium . . . which in turn will help fill the seats.

Oh well, we knew he was getting retained outside of a complete cluster**** . . . may as well stop talking about it now.

there is no so thing as an easy schedule when particularly when you play the pats twice.

We are improving because we are set at QB. That Qb is a rookie. Just because we did not make the playoffs does not mean we are not improving. OUr record shows we are still avg., but the rest of the outside world, and many on here were mostly predicting anywhere from 4 to 10 wins with most predicting around 7 or 8. So I dont see what the big stink is here considering this year. We found our QB. We also have another one behind him IMO. Just get some weapons and a few more OL and we are on our way. Everyone knows this offseason is huge.

I will not be attending any games next season if he stays.

Back
Top Bottom