Ireland retained | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland retained

As I said on page one, this is not surprising at all to hear. The surprising part is that some of you seem surprised by this. It was pretty apparent after Philbin was hired that Ireland was pretty much given a clean slate after the Parcells/ Sparano era. The moves Ireland made during the 2012 offseason was that of a GM with time to build and not a GM on the hot seat. Ireland always appeared to be part of the plan in 2013 unless the team completely bombed and were among the very bottom of the league. That didn't happen. In fact you could say the Dolphins exceeded national expectations since the Dolphins were originally pegged as a 1-2 win team.

2013 is the make or break it year for Ireland, it was never 2012. Five draft picks in the first three rounds and near $50 million in cap space sets up for a big offseason that will shape the team for the near future. Ireland got the quarterback in 2012 now he needs to finish building the team around him and will have major weapons at his disposal to do so. Ireland is also under contract until the end of the 2013 season, so he needs to show a lot to Ross in 2013 to prove he deserves a contract extension.

Ok who should we have drafted and when? Show me mr. Gm? don't give me some long shot.

You seriously want me to name every WR we could have taken in rounds 2-7? Go ahead and look yourself because there are about 30 of them. There were 17 taken in rounds 2-4. We couldnt have drafted ONE of them? Nice try Mr. GM... Ireland, is that you?

Ireland is so blatantly horrible, the only thing that makes sense is that he has some dirt on Ross!

F*#^!!!!!!! YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT... We could have drafted Stephen Hill or Alshon Jeffrey instead of Martin in the 2nd round... We would be super bowl bound right now!!!

Randall Cobb over Daniel Thomas

Could have taken DeMarous Thomas or Dez Bryant over Odrick

Golden Tate instead of Kia Misi

Mike Wallace instead of Patrick Turner

Ok who should we have drafted and when? Show me mr. Gm? don't give me some long shot.

The name I read most leading up to the draft? T.Y. Hilton. Sanu is another. Just off the top of my head. Stephen Hill wouldn't have been a bad choice. Josh Gordon in the supplemental? I remember reading Chris Givens's name a fair amount as well. And then there is Reggie Wayne, of course.

I started puking all over my apartment when I began to realize that the reports of this actually happening appear to be true.

Here is the problem when you are so near sighted...not you literally btw.

If he ****s it up, as expected like he did his previous 5 years here, that sets this franchise back possibly another 3-4 years. 5 picks wasted and 50 mill in cap wasted. You kidding me? that will take another 3-4 years of crap to recover from. I don't ahve that time anymore.

As I said on page one, this is not surprising at all to hear. The surprising part is that some of you seem surprised by this. It was pretty apparent after Philbin was hired that Ireland was pretty much given a clean slate after the Parcells/ Sparano era. The moves Ireland made during the 2012 offseason was that of a GM with time to build and not a GM on the hot seat. Ireland always appeared to be part of the plan in 2013 unless the team completely bombed and were among the very bottom of the league. That didn't happen. In fact you could say the Dolphins exceeded national expectations since the Dolphins were originally pegged as a 1-2 win team.

2013 is the make or break it year for Ireland, it was never 2012. Five draft picks in the first three rounds and near $50 million in cap space sets up for a big offseason that will shape the team for the near future. Ireland got the quarterback in 2012 now he needs to finish building the team around him and will have major weapons at his disposal to do so. Ireland is also under contract until the end of the 2013 season, so he needs to show a lot to Ross in 2013 to prove he deserves a contract extension.

F*#^!!!!!!! YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT... We could have drafted Stephen Hill or Alshon Jeffrey instead of Martin in the 2nd round... We would be super bowl bound right now!!!

TY Hilton over Michael Egnew.

Jeff ireland's definition of "swinging for the fences" at WR is Anthony Armstrong

Where is the depth on this team? Good teams have good depth . . . outside of Defensive tackle, depth does not exist on this team. Please, a win against the first pick overall selecting Jaguars means incredibly little in the grand scheme of things . . . this team has plenty of holes, and a big reason for that is the poor FA choices / draft choices by Jeff ireland.

Saying he has done a good job is like Ross saying he see's improvement. I rather you say lets give him another season . . . just because . . . . over telling me he's doing a good job.

The name I read most leading up to the draft? T.Y. Hilton. Sanu is another. Just off the top of my head. Stephen Hill wouldn't have been a bad choice. Josh Gordon in the supplemental? I remember reading Chris Givens's name a fair amount as well. And then there is Reggie Wayne, of course.

Reggie Wayne is pretty blatent, when manning left he was primed to leave but we decided to spend millions on prerennial toast Richard Marshall instead

I couldnt believe we were passing up all these guys! 3rd round comes and I think, ok, Sanu here he comes, but no... It was totally laughable that we didnt go WR until the 6th freakin round.

I couldnt believe we were passing up all these guys! 3rd round comes and I think, ok, Sanu here he comes, but no... It was totally laughable that we didnt go WR until the 6th freakin round.

Esp when u take another rb high. We just drafted Thomas last year

Glad you can admit that your assessment was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom