• yes

Votes: 81 24.2%
  • no

Votes: 254 75.8%

• Total voters

roy_miami

2020 cant get here soon enough
Reaction score
I'm going to keep this simple because a lot of people may not like the job hes doing but don't want him fired for various other reasons. So simply put, do you like what he's done with the team so far?

Last edited by a moderator:
I held out hope that his drafts would be his saving grace. As of this moment, that doesn't appear to be the case. If his draft picks from the past 3 years don't contribute in major ways this season, its time to move on. We need fresh blood, especially since most of the fanbase hates Ireland, so every move is hyper criticized, which ultimately is destructive to the team.

No I don't. I believe he's been pretty bad at drafting. ow having said that is hard to judge this last draft just yet. But I was very upset we took a RT in the 2nd round when we should have taken a WR and if Martin turns out to be a good player9which I think he will)then great but it was still the wrong decision imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Im gonna hold judgement for more than 1 game. Talk to me in week 8.

How the hell can anyone look at that roster and vote yes? I guess it's amazing what you can get used too.

No. No matter how we judge his time here its been a mess.

If we judge it by "Hes been paid for 5 years as general manager and had decision making ability for at least part of that": then no. This team's earlier drafts are blank marks on this roster. 1 player from the 2008 draft is left, and the 2009 draft isnt much better. Our free agent signings were horrifically bad and have forced us to sit pat this offseason.

If we judge this by "Hes only been general manager for 2 years because Parcells did everything": then no. These last two years were just awful. He bought high and sold low on the talent department. And some of the decisions were absolutely mind boggling. Legedu Naanee? Benny Sapp over Will Allen? Marc freaking Colombo? We needed a quarterback last offseason, and every single one in the draft was available except for Cam Newton....and we draft a center. Then trade up for a running back who fumbles and runs upright. Meanwhile other teams fill their voids at center and running back without a problem later in the draft. Mind Boggling.

If we judge this by "Hes hasnt been general manager because first Parcells was here, then Sparano took over, now Philbin was given control of the team...": :bobdole:

I'm sorry OP, this is not a yes or no question to me. I believe there's too much we don't know about Ireland's intentions. It very well could be that this past couple of drafts turn out to be OK. He's certainly set us up for a great upcoming draft for skill positions and plenty of cap space for a great FA as well. I will have to abstain. LOL, call me a Jets fan if you like. But, you know that's not true.

I like the fact Ireland finally drafted a QB in the first round after years of previous regimes not doing so. Hate him for the fact that besides Jake Long, the team doesn't have any elite players.

I'm going to keep this simple because a lot of people may not like the job hes doing but don't want him fired for various other reasons. So simply put, do you like what he's done with the team so far?

I like that he drafted Tannehill which was a no brainier, I like how we are set next year. I don't trust he will draft well
with all those extra picks, don't trust him, hate what he did with the receiver position and it's inexcusable that the online is still
not that strong all things considered.

Can we please just state our opinions without calling everyone a jet fan that disagrees with us??
I personally like Jeff from what we have been able to see of him. I like his attitude, the way he treats players, and the fact that so many trouble makers don't like him. I like how tough he negotiates, how he doesn't sign every big name FA that comes along just because fans want him to. I like that he has put us in pretty good cap situation.

But after all the things I like about him are put up vs the talent of the team I have to say that as much as I like him, I don't trust him being in charge of our draft. I have changed my mind about him and am ready for a change, even though it may mean starting over a bit. I think Ross should quietly be looking for GMs that would be willing to work with Philbin so that we don't have to once again change the direction of the team. I don't dislike Ireland, but I have seen about all that I need to see to know that he will never bring in superior talent.

OH and BTW if you don't agree with EVERYTHING I said you are a low life jet fan :up:

Back
Top Bottom