Ireland's approval rating | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland's approval rating

Do you like Ireland and his direction?

• yes

Votes: 81 24.2%
  • no

Votes: 254 75.8%

• Total voters
I dont think this is a yes or no question. Lots of contingencies here....

lol. eveyrone was stomping on irelands dick before the draft and after the marshall trade. then after the draft everyone was happy with the draft, and looking forward to the season. then what changed? a vontae trade and 4 preseason losses and one regular season loss. now you guys are back to stomping on ireland's dick. some people are just as predictable as the dolphins regular season record.
Bro I think the lack of FA's sticking and making an impact on this team along with Egnew a high pick in the draft have brought those fans out that were giving Ireland the benefit of a doubt to doubting him overall.

I voted yes. Now that Ireland has been working on his own for a while, I think he has finally figured it out. I think it is a mistake to keep churning the coaching staff and the GM. We need to be patient and give the coaches and players time to gel and develop. It's gonna take some time, but I think we are on the right track and are going to get there.

lol. eveyrone was stomping on irelands dick before the draft and after the marshall trade. then after the draft everyone was happy with the draft, and looking forward to the season. then what changed? a vontae trade and 4 preseason losses and one regular season loss. now you guys are back to stomping on ireland's dick. some people are just as predictable as the dolphins regular season record.

That is the problem right there we all know the Fins record will either be awful or mediocre because we have little talent on the team. Therefore we stomp on dicks!

15% say yes? I guess syphilis is on the rise. That number will never get any lower and it doesn't matter the dizzying heights of incompetence Ireland reaches or how low it drags our team. There's always going to be a small percentage who don't believe in rocking the boat or are company men till the end or think Zach Thomas should have been moved to safety.

1 Pro Bowler in 5 drafts and that took the number 1 overall pick. His inability to find playmakers means no one he's drafted has scored more than 3 TDs in a year. The WR we passed on in the 2nd round this year has already scored 2 in his first game with the filthy jests. We moved up to take a RB when the RB taking after him has just passed 1000 yds in 14 games at an avg of almost 6 per carry. We passed on Clay Mathews and Hakeem Nicks (2 positions of need at the time) for a CB we just ditched for a 2nd rounder because of immaturity when everyone already knew that was an issue at draft. Everything about BMarsh was a debacle. It doesn't help that two of his better draft picks aren't on the team anymore. We don't know who's responsible for what but Wake, Bess, Starks, and Bush are the only moves I think were really savvy. He's probably a valuable member on a scouting staff when he has a much smaller role. But running a whole team seems way, way over his head.

another yes voter here

i like RT and i like Philibin. i think if these two pan out then there is bright future for us fans.

his drafts have been hit and miss,,,maybe even a few more misses.

the team is not cap constrained next year and we have a decent amount of draft picks

why don't you wait until the end of the year before you give your final verdict.

Ireland has plenty of excuses i say it is time for a different person to fix the ship.

Should also be an option to have Ross share some or most of the blame. We have gotten worse each year since he bought the team and he is responsible for setting the direction of the team. If his plan is to not only change coaches but change schemes (Which also means players) every couple years when things don't work out we are in for more of the same.

I think this sums it up great...nothing more to say...

15% say yes? I guess syphilis is on the rise. That number will never get any lower and it doesn't matter the dizzying heights of incompetence Ireland reaches or how low it drags our team. There's always going to be a small percentage who don't believe in rocking the boat or are company men till the end or think Zach Thomas should have been moved to safety.

1 Pro Bowler in 5 drafts and that took the number 1 overall pick. His inability to find playmakers means no one he's drafted has scored more than 3 TDs in a year. The WR we passed on in the 2nd round this year has already scored 2 in his first game with the filthy jests. We moved up to take a RB when the RB taking after him has just passed 1000 yds in 14 games at an avg of almost 6 per carry. We passed on Clay Mathews and Hakeem Nicks (2 positions of need at the time) for a CB we just ditched for a 2nd rounder because of immaturity when everyone already knew that was an issue at draft. Everything about BMarsh was a debacle. It doesn't help that two of his better draft picks aren't on the team anymore. We don't know who's responsible for what but Wake, Bess, Starks, and Bush are the only moves I think were really savvy. He's probably a valuable member on a scouting staff when he has a much smaller role. But running a whole team seems way, way over his head.

Should also be an option to have Ross share some or most of the blame. We have gotten worse each year since he bought the team and he is responsible for setting the direction of the team. If his plan is to not only change coaches but change schemes (Which also means players) every couple years when things don't work out we are in for more of the same.

Last year was the forst year Ross had complete control.

Want to lay blame.. lay it Huizenga!

Bro I think the lack of FA's sticking and making an impact on this team along with Egnew a high pick in the draft have brought those fans out that were giving Ireland the benefit of a doubt to doubting him overall.

I have to disagree. The strength of the team is the front 7, and that's only because of FA's Wake, Starks, Soliai, Dansby, and Burnett. Add in Marshall this year along with Cog, Moore, and Bess on O. Then, a few very cheap trades for Bush, Fasano, and McD. That's a lot of guys, not drafted, making an impact on a team.

Remember, in 08 we were like an expansion team with basically nothing.

We have been far from lucky in the draft. However, all the picks in the top rounds were rated as top picks, and would have been taken by other teams if not us.

That being said, I don't know that Ireland is the one to build this team next off season, with a ton of money to spend, and 5 quality draft picks to deal with. IF we mess up next off season, we will be paying for it for another 5 years.

Last year was the forst year Ross had complete control.

Want to lay blame.. lay it Huizenga!

2009 was the first year Ross had complete control. The records for those years 7-9, 7-9, and 6-10. hair over 6 wins a season. Wayne left him with a team that went 11-5. Not saying Wayne is perfect or even an ideal owner. In fact i'm not a fan of his at all really since he forced Shula out the door. But Ross needs to shoulder a lot of the blame that's going around.

thank you, and you are being nice about it!

Why would you want to quote what "everyone" was doing? Everyone was not happy before the draft or after. A large number of people with hopeful optimism wanted to like the draft. Now they are seeing the first results. Further lots has happened after the draft, it's been months, 4 preseason games and a regular season game. That is not a short amount of time. The results are coming very slowly and Ireland's seeming blunders continue.

Back
Top Bottom