Irving to Jets: "I would cut Clyde Gates right now." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Irving to Jets: "I would cut Clyde Gates right now."

overworkedirish

Active Roster
Reaction score
Irvin to Jets: "I would cut Clyde Gates right now."

"You go get Edward SCISSORHANDS, he can catch better than that!"

Postgame Show, Michael Irvin saying what Fin fans knew two years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S. What's the opposite of eating crow? Gloating? It's gloating, isn't it? Here's my (accurate) opinion, dated preseason 2011, on Clyde Gates, when everyone was drooling over him.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?303746-Is-Gates-a-true-lock
If we had a position for sprinter, then okay, he's fast. But he has shown virtually no catching ability, no reach for slightly overthrown balls, and absolutely sloppy performances on return attempts. So why is everyone on his d*ck??

Great runner... AWful football player

It is very frustrating, he's either hurt or dropping passes. He killed us last night.

definately one of ireland's worst picks but people always overrate speed
Speed is extremely valuable if the person can also catch a damn ball. It opens up everything else. Later picks are meant for development projects. Luckily, they saw he wasn't going to develop much further and dropped him after a year. I would have a bigger problem if they stuck with him for several years despite the obvious (Roberto Wallace, etc.).

It is very frustrating, he's either hurt or dropping passes. He killed us last night.

The one that surprised me was Hill. He was horrible. I liked him in the draft, but it looked like ****. Maybe we dodged a bullet.

The one that surprised me was Hill. He was horrible. I liked him in the draft, but it looked like ****. Maybe we dodged a bullet.

I think he's going to be a good one, he's still a work in progress but at least his drops came in the rain unlike Gates who was dropping everything before it started raining.

I think he's going to be a good one, he's still a work in progress but at least his drops came in the rain unlike Gates who was dropping everything before it started raining.

Blaming the rain is an excuse. Julian Edelman caught it dry and wet. Hill had issues with drops last year and it continues.

Blaming the rain is an excuse. Julian Edelman caught it dry and wet. Hill had issues with drops last year and it continues.

I think Edelman had at least one drop and all his passes were 3 feet from the LOS. everyone was dropping balls last night, it was very sloppy. That doesn't mean Hill is over his hands issue but I am not going to go crazy b/c he dropped a couple of balls last night.

By the way, his drops last year were overblown. He only had a few it's just the one everyone remembers is the one that likely would have won the NE game.

Speed is extremely valuable if the person can also catch a damn ball. It opens up everything else. Later picks are meant for development projects. Luckily, they saw he wasn't going to develop much further and dropped him after a year. I would have a bigger problem if they stuck with him for several years despite the obvious (Roberto Wallace, etc.).

well it does hurt to stick with a guy but it hurts just as bad to get one year out of a guy u spent a 4th round pick on. I never understood the fascination on this player. Way too many people were praising this pick and to me it seemed like a disaster from day one.
He was an overaged prospect for one , which is never good when they are still a raw playe to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom