Is Adam Gase Overrated??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Adam Gase Overrated???

I'm backing Gase all the way. Call me whatever you want. I don't care.

Bad performance though. Very disappointing loss. No energy.

This game is certainly a pock on Gase's record. He better have them ready to play next week. Period. I love Gase, but this was unacceptable today.

I hate to say this, but Suh and Wake are nothing to crow about. Wake’s production has been declining since before his injury. It’s not that he isn’t good, it’s that he has a good game followed by several where he has little impact. Suh is a good player, but no one can convince me he is worth his contract at this point. Problem is, this team always mistakenly assumes they are only a player or two away when they are always so much more than that. Suh was a luxury we could not afford and Wake needed to be traded while he still had value. This team never learns.

I'll never take anyone seriously who says to trade talented players when its been proven over and over that those picks usually turn into backup scrubs who last about two years on the roster, unless you are NE.

I'm not saying we should fire Gase. I'm just saying that he hasn't been Don Shula the first 2 weeks this season.

Funny how just a week ago 90% of the board was all about "10-2 last 12!!!" Now he's overrated?

Talent pool is weak. Need talent to win.

I guess I was in the 10% because I was not excited about last weeks win. It exposed a lot of concerns mostly with the coaching staff. I knew the talent level on defense was depleted but Burke's defense was very vanilla and predictable. Gase on the other hand threw up a ton of red flags that were masked by a mediocre 2nd half and lucky victory. The slow starts that plagued this team last year are a direct byproduct of Gase's play calling. He is very predictable and relies way too much on yac on 3rd down situations. Maybe call a play beyond the sticks??? He also ALWAYS runs the ball on 2nd and 10 or longer. I'd have to go review 2 god awful game tapes, but from my recollection he's batting a 1000 there. Finally it's been 6 years now and the Dolphins have proven that they cannot run an effective wr screen, yet Gase continues to call them. This game confirmed my fears that started last season and have continued through the first 2 games. It has confirmed that we will never have a high powered offense regardless of our talent level. It has also confirmed that Gase is who I feared: the guy who lead a very unimaginative and often boring offense in Chicago. I want to be more patient, I really do. However there are just too many signs that say he is who he is and refuses to adapt or change. For that it's time to man the life boats.

Look at what this team has been through in the last several weeks, this was a poor performance but a lapse in focus is not that surprising for a team they probably overlooked. They will be fine, it is going to be a long 16 game run and this probably won't be the only sub par game we see. GO DOLPHINS!!

Only on this site can someone go from a savior to worthless in 1 game. I get emotions are high right now, but this is absurd.

Not exactly true....there were a few of us who refused to drink the Kool Aid and believe he was a savior or was going to be a great coach.....hardly.....Never saw much in the guy up to this point....but he's the type that fan's & owner's love , a guy who says all the right things, acts like he has all the bases covered and a clear oracle-like vision for the team's success and then......goes out and exposed as fraud when it's game time. That's what happened today (and it's not the first time). He'll have his press conference, play it off as he and the staff are to blame, "we'll fix this going forward" yada yada and then fail in crunch time. Will he/we win a few ....sure.....but it'll be due more to luck, other teams making mistakes, some great individual performances at time, etc. than our supposed Guru Coach.......IMO...he's a minor improvement above Philbin, nothing more.

didn't see the game but seriously disappointed with the measly offensive production.

2 weeks in a row is a trend.

if the trend continues >>> its a major problem.

Beyond that -- after the philbin black hole Gase was readily accepted as a major upgrade -- and I still hope he is.

BUT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> he has to prove more now that he's in his 2nd year.

Next week is another opportunity.

Let's see what goes down.

Fire him tonight. Just kidding. Bad QB play = a loss and that's what happened today.

I guess I was in the 10% because I was not excited about last weeks win. It exposed a lot of concerns mostly with the coaching staff. I knew the talent level on defense was depleted but Burke's defense was very vanilla and predictable. Gase on the other hand threw up a ton of red flags that were masked by a mediocre 2nd half and lucky victory. The slow starts that plagued this team last year are a direct byproduct of Gase's play calling. He is very predictable and relies way too much on yac on 3rd down situations. Maybe call a play beyond the sticks??? He also ALWAYS runs the ball on 2nd and 10 or longer. I'd have to go review 2 god awful game tapes, but from my recollection he's batting a 1000 there. Finally it's been 6 years now and the Dolphins have proven that they cannot run an effective wr screen, yet Gase continues to call them. This game confirmed my fears that started last season and have continued through the first 2 games. It has confirmed that we will never have a high powered offense regardless of our talent level. It has also confirmed that Gase is who I feared: the guy who lead a very unimaginative and often boring offense in Chicago. I want to be more patient, I really do. However there are just too many signs that say he is who he is and refuses to adapt or change. For that it's time to man the life boats.
He calls the game because the qbs he has aren't great. He wants them to manage the game, but not lose it.

This team doesn't have a lot of talent. Every year we hype up the team and more importantly the WRs and Miami only has one that has elite potential. None of them got open today and when they did Cutler whiffed, hard.

Even the DL got whipped. Suh gets doubled every play and no one else can step up.

Back
Top Bottom