Is Adam Gase Overrated??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Adam Gase Overrated???

I guess I was in the 10% because I was not excited about last weeks win. It exposed a lot of concerns mostly with the coaching staff. I knew the talent level on defense was depleted but Burke's defense was very vanilla and predictable. Gase on the other hand threw up a ton of red flags that were masked by a mediocre 2nd half and lucky victory. The slow starts that plagued this team last year are a direct byproduct of Gase's play calling. He is very predictable and relies way too much on yac on 3rd down situations. Maybe call a play beyond the sticks??? He also ALWAYS runs the ball on 2nd and 10 or longer. I'd have to go review 2 god awful game tapes, but from my recollection he's batting a 1000 there. Finally it's been 6 years now and the Dolphins have proven that they cannot run an effective wr screen, yet Gase continues to call them. This game confirmed my fears that started last season and have continued through the first 2 games. It has confirmed that we will never have a high powered offense regardless of our talent level. It has also confirmed that Gase is who I feared: the guy who lead a very unimaginative and often boring offense in Chicago. I want to be more patient, I really do. However there are just too many signs that say he is who he is and refuses to adapt or change. For that it's time to man the life boats.

Boring offense in Chicago ! PPL on this board tell me Gase had a high powered offense in Chicago smh.

Boring offense in Chicago ! PPL on this board tell me Gase had a high powered offense in Chicago smh.
Ironic he had the same qb there.

He limited Cutler, he's doing it here. Whenever, if I should say, Miami gets a damn good qb you'll see a different offense. Can't make Tannehill or Cutler great, no matter.

He calls the game because the qbs he has aren't great. He wants them to manage the game, but not lose it.

This team doesn't have a lot of talent. Every year we hype up the team and more importantly the WRs and Miami only has one that has elite potential. None of them got open today and when they did Cutler whiffed, hard.

Even the DL got whipped. Suh gets doubled every play and no one else can step up.

Every year this very same board over-hypes this team then when we lose like we did today the overreaction starts.

I'm backing Gase all the way. Call me whatever you want. I don't care.

Bad performance though. Very disappointing loss. No energy.

The thing is look at all 4 teams affected by a hurricane. They have all got routed in a game this year. These player and coaches are humans like all of us. I think they said already but I think after the London game,that we will have traveled farther than 14 team will all year.

He limited Cutler, he's doing it here. Whenever, if I should say, Miami gets a damn good qb you'll see a different offense. Can't make Tannehill or Cutler great, no matter.

Fair enough on your point of Cutler and a Tannehill. However what have you seen in 1 and 1/8 years that shows any semblance of being a qb away from being an offensive juggernaut. He'd have to completely change the way he calls a game and I mean completely. Are you sure Gase can do that without a veteran Paytom Manning??? I'm not.

The thing is look at all 4 teams affected by a hurricane. They have all got routed in a game this year. These player and coaches are humans like all of us. I think they said already but I think after the London game,that we will have traveled farther than 14 team will all year.

Off the field distractions certainly couldn't have helped the team. The hurricane, the Timmons fiasco, and now the last couple of days? Yes, I fully believe that a combination of all of those things impacted performance of the players and staff.

That's just human nature. Your job performance (among other things) will suffer when you are preoccupied with things beyond your control. Your concentration is affected.

Fair enough on your point of Cutler and a Tannehill. However what have you seen in 1 and 1/8 years that shows any semblance of being a qb away from being an offensive juggernaut. He'd have to completely change the way he calls a game and I mean completely. Are you sure Gase can do that without a veteran Paytom Manning??? I'm not.
Well when Ryan was playing well last year the offense opened up. Hell Tannehill had a 8 ypa and lead the league in big plays.

This whole Gase is conservative talk is just overreaction from a ass whooping by the Jets. Your team doesn't lead the league in big plays and be conservative. Don't float that bs my way.

Every year this very same board over-hypes this team then when we lose like we did today the overreaction starts.

You mean just like the overreaction last week when we "won"......which was only because the Chargers missed a last minute FG. By all right we should be 0-2.......and it's not an overreaction to watch the putrid stench that was this team against the hapless Jets and be very concerned. 14 straight more weeks of this???.......If it was one or two things I'd think maybe it could be fixed, but this team is bad all around. Going with a 4-12 or 5-11 for the season unless there are some major changes.

That still falls on Gase, If ur marketed as an offensive guru the offense should never look like this even with an average QB. Look at what Mcvay has done with Cousins, Goff and look at what Shanahan did with Ryan, Hoyer and both teams have less Offensive talent than we do.

Back
Top Bottom