Is Anquan Boldin the Ronnie Brown version of a WR? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Anquan Boldin the Ronnie Brown version of a WR?

Astrosback

Active Roster
Reaction score
Anquan can be as good as any WR in the NFL at times but always seems to miss parts of seasons.

Ronnie can be as good as any RB in the NFL at times but always seems to miss parts of seasons.

Right?

Anquan getting traded for a 3rd is NOT happening.

ARI will get at least a 2nd with teams like NE, KC, TB, JAX, BAL, DET and CAR all interested (besides us). The Pats could also offer a conditional 2011 1st (they have an extra one from the Seymore-OAK trade).

Ronnie probably will never get the long term deal from us so if we're going to lose him after 2011, why not trade him now - especially if we can get at least a mid-early 2nd round pick for him?

I guess it comes down to having....

Defense at 1.12 (McClain/Graham/Dan Williams)
Anquan Boldin (for the cost of our 2nd round pick)
Ronnie Brown (not traded away)

or

Offense at 1.12 (Dez Bryant or CJ Spiller)
2a.) Defense (Sean Weatherspoon/Brandon Spikes/Cam Thomas/Nate Allen)
2b*.) More offense (Jonathan Dwyer/Demaryius Thomas)

*Pick 2b via Ronnie traded to....let's say...HOU.

Call me crazy but I'm okay with going into the draft and seeing what kind of talent we could come away with at WR and RB.

Even if Dez Bryant is gone at 1.12, if we go....

1.) CJ Spiller (maybe not a WR1 but a "weapon1" and we sure need playmakers)
2a.) Sean Weatherspoon/Brandon Spikes (either would be a steal)
2b.) Demaryius Thomas (the 6'3 230 lb. strong WR Henne wants)

...we're still looking pretty good on offense.

Assuming FS, TE and NT were filled in FA.

Maybe we could also get lucky in the 3rd round and find a starter at one of those spots (Nate Allen/Aaron Hernandez/Cam Thomas).

Rookies just might have more upside than Ronnie/Anquan.

Idk, am I off-base here? Should we make a push to trade for Boldin and have him and Ronnie around Henne? That could be pretty solid too.

P.S. Instead of trading a 2nd (or a 2nd+) for Anquan Boldin...

How about Ginn & Thigpen to BUF for Lee Evans?

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure ronnie has missed many more games than boldin, actually I think boldin is pretty reliable minus this past season. I still think he only missed a game or 2 and the season before when he got KO by the jets player he still only missed a couple/few games. All in all boldin is pretty reliable.

I wouldn't trade for anyone until we see whether our 1st rounder is Dez or Rolando. ... Or neither of them. :blowup:

And before we sign whomever, he must be able to catch a fade route over Sean Smith. :):ohno:

I'll tell you whats not gonna happen, us drafting Spiller in the first round, its not the FO's style. They like finding RB's in rounds 3-5, which i agree with, seeing as RB's are a dime a dozen these days. I promise you we will go defense with our first pick, offense wasnt the problem last year.

Actually, the Cards aren't going to get a 2nd for Boldin. Everyone knows he has to be traded. Last year they could've gotten a one or a two. Ain't gonna happen this year.

I'll tell you whats not gonna happen, us drafting Spiller in the first round, its not the FO's style. They like finding RB's in rounds 3-5, which i agree with, seeing as RB's are a dime a dozen these days. I promise you we will go defense with our first pick, offense wasnt the problem last year.

You know what else isn't the FO's style, taking a 6'0 180 lb. scrambling QB in round 2 - but they did that.

And how did it work out for Tuna when he passed on RB Steven Jackson in the draft for DAL to trade down for Julius Jones? Not so great, right?

Sure, it's more likely we go defense at 1.12 and it certainly depends on what we do in free agency, but my Spiller pick assumed 1.) we had traded Ronnie and 2.) Dez Bryant, Berry and McClain were gone.

No he is not.

Yes he is.

They're almost the same age. They have about the same talent level and physical style of play for their respective positions, and they get hurt about as often as each other.

And they're both looking for long term max deals that would take them into their 30s.

Anquan can be as good as any WR in the NFL at times but always seems to miss parts of seasons.

Ronnie can be as good as any RB in the NFL at times but always seems to miss parts of seasons.

Right?

Anquan getting traded for a 3rd is NOT happening.

ARI will get at least a 2nd with teams like NE, KC, TB, JAX, BAL, DET and CAR all interested (besides us). The Pats could also offer a conditional 2011 1st (they have an extra one from the Seymore-OAK trade).

Ronnie probably will never get the long term deal from us so if we're going to lose him after 2011, why not trade him now - especially if we can get at least a mid-early 2nd round pick for him?

I guess it comes down to having....

Defense at 1.12 (McClain/Graham/Dan Williams)
Anquan Boldin (for the cost of our 2nd round pick)
Ronnie Brown (not traded away)

or

Offense at 1.12 (Dez Bryant or CJ Spiller)
2a.) Defense (Sean Weatherspoon/Brandon Spikes/Cam Thomas/Nate Allen)
2b*.) More offense (Jonathan Dwyer/Demaryius Thomas)

*Pick 2b via Ronnie traded to....let's say...HOU.

Call me crazy but I'm okay with going into the draft and seeing what kind of talent we could come away with at WR and RB.

Even if Dez Bryant is gone at 1.12, if we go....

1.) CJ Spiller (maybe not a WR1 but a "weapon1" and we sure need playmakers)
2a.) Sean Weatherspoon/Brandon Spikes (either would be a steal)
2b.) Demaryius Thomas (the 6'3 230 lb. strong WR Henne wants)

...we're still looking pretty good on offense.

Assuming FS, TE and NT were filled in FA.

Maybe we could also get lucky in the 3rd round and find a starter at one of those spots (Nate Allen/Aaron Hernandez/Cam Thomas).

Rookies just might have more upside than Ronnie/Anquan.

Idk, am I off-base here? Should we make a push to trade for Boldin and have him and Ronnie around Henne? That could be pretty solid too.
no...Anquan has never been on IR....huge difference....

P.S. Instead of trading a 2nd (or a 2nd+) for Anquan Boldin...

How about Ginn & Thigpen to BUF for Lee Evans?

Lee Evans is a very good WR, but one thing that bothers me, is he Buffalo's version of Chris Chambers. He is definitely an upgrade over any reciever we have though

Back
Top Bottom