Is anyone else having trouble keeping their mouth shut? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is anyone else having trouble keeping their mouth shut?

The Goat

Escape Goat
Club Member
Reaction score
I want to jump up and down.

I haven't been this excited for a season in nearly two decades. Maybe...MAYBE when the Fins traded for Ricky. Here are the things I keep coming back to:

• We have a head coach who isn't an idiot or a meatball.
  • We have the best QB situation since '99.
  • We have the best *physical* RB since Ricky
  • We have the best WR crew in a decade
  • This might be the best OL situation Tannehill has ever had.
Couple that with Reshad coming back, Xavien Howard in his second year, improvement at LB...and it's hard to not get excited. You can feel it every time that a player speaks. The brotherhood, as Andre branch called it. No more circus sideshows with Brandon Gibson acting as Mike Wallace's sock puppet. No more stupid Philbinesque crap. No more idiocy.

No...more.

Do I think the Fins challenge for a title this year? No.

But with a little luck, and better health, the Fins are going to put a hurting on some teams this year.

I cannot wait for Tampa Bay in the home opener. I can't wait for Tannehill to smoke Brent Grimes and then watch the denizens of Finheaven's faithful toast Miko on Twitter. I can't wait for midseason, as this team continues to grow, and finally the talking heads have to shut up.

I can't wait for the Fins to do their talking on the field. And I'm trying like crazy to not talk until then.

The only time I have problems keeping my mouth shut is when I eat.

And yes, I'm definitely sharing in your enthusiasm. I can't WAIT for the season to start!

Im always probably overly optimistic for fins seasons in general, but as you point out there are so many reasons to be excited. Everywhere on the roster its added talent, more time in the system, better depth, guys that should be right in their prime, and Gase in his second season, one more year to mold the team to his liking. That team consistency that he keeps preaching - no "learning new system..again"....Heck yes im excited

I never keep my mouth shut :D

Agreed, but I usually don't try to go to in depth talking us up unless I'm talking to some other die hard fan of any team. casuals.... meh

But about the Bucs, I hope Grimes gets lit the f*** up. I really like him as a person and player, but he wasn't good for us anymore, and his wife is just a raging piece of ****

I am also excited. The funny thing is that Vegas and some in the NFL media don't see it. Jim Miller on Sirius NFL said that he can't see the Dolphins winning more than 2 away games and predicts that the team will crash badly after making the playoffs last year. Vegas sees us going 7 - 9.
Yes, I'm an optimist by nature but we have a good young coach now in his second season, the most talent that has been on a Dolphins roster in the past 20 years. We have focused on addressing problem areas like stopping the run by recruiting players like William Hayes and Lawrence Timmons. We have acquired a genuine Tight End threat in Julius Thomas, who happens to have had success with Gase in Denver. We have a terrific young RB in Ajayi who is likely to improve. And we appear to have drafted well.
All the arrows are pointing up for a change.

I cannot wait for Tampa Bay in the home opener. I can't wait for Tannehill to smoke Brent Grimes and then watch the denizens of Finheaven's faithful toast Miko on Twitter. I can't wait for midseason, as this team continues to grow, and finally the talking heads have to shut up.

I can't wait for the Fins to do their talking on the field. And I'm trying like crazy to not talk until then.

Take the over on the total. Jameis, Evans, Jackson and Martin will march up and down the field on us.

I want to jump up and down.

I haven't been this excited for a season in nearly two decades. Maybe...MAYBE when the Fins traded for Ricky. Here are the things I keep coming back to:

• We have a head coach who isn't an idiot or a meatball.
  • We have the best QB situation since '99.
  • We have the best *physical* RB since Ricky
  • We have the best WR crew in a decade
  • This might be the best OL situation Tannehill has ever had..
Best WR crew in a decade? Probably the best WR crew in over 25 years. In '92 we had an aging Duper and Clayton, Tony Martin, and Keith Jackson at TE. Due to age and production I think this year is better at WR than that. Before that you have to go back to the beginning of the Marino era to find a group that compares to this year. If all goes well with the group it can be the best group we have ever had.

Well, there are a lot of reasons for optimism :
  • 2nd year of the offense and the OC
  • Gase continues to impress
  • Our better FAs retained
  • Their retention helping the culture in the camp
  • The work ethic appears to be off the charts with almost everyone
  • Inconsistent players being honest about their failings (Grant, Phillips, James, Drake, Bushrod, Parker, Lippett) and seeming to have improved so far
  • All important playes bar Pouncey are fit
  • A lot of holes have been filled by the FO
  • The depth at QB, WR, CB, S (when TJ returns), LB and DE all look very good.
  • Special Teams stars retained and bolstered with more new recruits
  • Great stadium, facilities and front office.
Against that we have to accept the possible downsides:
  • Tougher schedule this year. I dont care what anyone says about how we say that every year, it's harder.
  • Depth at TE, RB, DT and all OL sees a big dropoff.
  • Defense needs huge work and the DC is "new", if not to Miami then to the job.
  • We're in the hardest division to win in the league.
  • Slot corner, DT beside Suh and interior OL are still question marks.
  • We won't have the element of surprise with the O scheme, Ajayi, Stills' resurgence etc that we had last year
Most of the negatives are outside the team's control and I love how they seem really focused on themselves and on improvement. Everyone else is trying to improve too so we'll have to see who is progressing the best at season's end. All in all though, I expect much improved performances this year and we'll have to see whether that translates into more wins or not.

Either way, everything about the Dolphins is more exciting than its been in a long while.

Against that we have to accept the possible downsides:
  • Tougher schedule this year. I dont care what anyone says about how we say that every year, it's harder.
  • Depth at TE, RB, DT and all OL sees a big dropoff.
  • Defense needs huge work and the DC is "new", if not to Miami then to the job.
  • We're in the hardest division to win in the league.
  • Slot corner, DT beside Suh and interior OL are still question marks.
  • We won't have the element of surprise with the O scheme, Ajayi, Stills' resurgence etc that we had last year
That right there is what tempers my enthusiasm about this season...and I'll add linebacker because I still think it's a weak corp...better than last year but last years linebacker play was an abomination to football.

We might just want to stay away from Brent Grimes. He's STILL playing at high level. Nothing would be worse than to have him run one back. They have an abundance of weapons on offense but their Achilles heal should be the left side of their line. Branch and Harris could have big days, not to mention Jordan Phillips. They are better on the right side but still no match for Suh and Wake (or Hayes).

I think they will be really tough to run on up the middle. McCoy and newly added Chris Baker will shore up that interior. It will be a tough game for sure.

Back to the main topic....I have to agree. I am very optimistic and excited. Going from laughing stock of the league to where we are has been incredible. I love that the team is like one unit. These guys seem to be very close-knit. I love the family atmosphere Gase has created. Nobody would go to war for Joe Philbin and his staff but these guys trust Gase and genuinely like him. We learned how to win last year and Tannehill even directed 3 comeback wins. Should have been 4 in Seattle if the D would have held. This offense will be fun to watch and I can't wait to get a look at our LB crew as well as Charles Harris.

That right there is what tempers my enthusiasm about this season...and I'll add linebacker because I still think it's a weak corp...better than last year but last years linebacker play was an abomination to football.

I think people will be surprised about what Timmons will bring to the defense if they play him in the middle. I think the unit as a whole will be very good. Moving to weak will be a boost to Alonso. The jury is still out on the rookie but he should be good.

One can't help but feel good about this season...Tougher schedule this year...Well..."When the going gets tough the tough get going." As we get it going this season it will get tougher next season as far schedule goes. Our guy's will have to step up...I must say it's been a long time since I have felt this good for the up coming season and our future seems so bright I may need to get some new shades..

The difficulty of schedule always changes from the spring to the fall. Heck, one key injury can change things in a week during the season. The key is winning your home games

I love talking about football with anyone who is interested. The problem the Dolphins (and fans) have is the Patriots will continue to be elite for years. My expectations for the season are tempered and not overly ecstatic.

The same applies for my Spurs. It's Golden State's league now and thus any excitement I may have for future seasons is moot now.

Back
Top Bottom