Is anyone else tired of the Dolphins irrelevancy? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is anyone else tired of the Dolphins irrelevancy?

Rick Cartman

It is what it is
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone else feels the same way i do. I'm 28 years old and since i can remember the Dolphins have been absolutely irrelevant. The Dolphins keep up this facade that they are one of the storied franchises of the NFL, but I think that's absolutely delusional. We haven't played for a conference title in 25 years when Buffalo beat us at home. In some ways were the Notre Dame of the NFL holding onto accomplishments and relics of when Nixon was president. At least Notre Dame won something in the 80s and played for a title this decade. We are the Browns delusional older brothers. At least they accept the reality of what their franchise is. Hell, even the original Browns franchise has won two super bowls the last two decades. So here's to another super bowl sunday where the thought of the Dolphins playing in a super bowl seems like bizzaro world. Now back to another thread talking about our accomplishments from nearly 50 years ago.

I am 30, and I was actually thinking about that same thing today while I was taking a dump. I seriously doubt in my lifetime the Dolphins will play in a Super Bowl, much less sniff one. The closet they have ever got since I followed this team was getting annihilated by either the Broncos, Jaguars or Raiders in the divisional round. As long as Ross owns this team, they will go nowhere. His unwavering loyalty from the front office to the coaching staff will continue to make this team less and less relevant. From the piss poor drafting, mind boggling FA signings, and lousy coaching, this team will continue to go nowhere. There is absolutely no reason Mike Tannenbaum should still be employed by this organization. Sparano got canned one year too late, as was the same with Philbin. The same will probably happen with Gase. I have just come to accept it is what it is.

Last edited:
The Fins will never be revelent until Ross sells the team. This franchise has been a farm team since his arrival.
Been a fan since 1970. That is my 02

Give me a break! It's all Ross fault? I'll never understand the logic on this forum. It's the owners fault for the multitudes of other teams that don't make it to the big show?

Is Kraft the reason the Patriots have been successful? He masterfully picked the previously failed Belichick? Hired the right coordinators and front office personnel too?

I don't have a problem with Ross, it could be a lot worse, he could be cheap or be meddlesome. He opens his checkbook and lets the football guys to their thing, thats all you can really ask for. If Kraft didn't hire a rethread in Belichick and Belichick didn't draft Brady in the 6th how many super bowls would they have right now? Sometimes you have to be lucky. One day our luck will change until than the motto is maybe next year.

Nothing we aren’t used to. I’m 36 and don’t even remember the 92 game vs Buffalo. It feels like Miami has never hosted a playoff game in ages.

With NE always making it to the SB it doubles down on us feeling awful as fans.

How can you not be tired of it at this point.

The people that still go to the games are crazy to me. I'll watch on tv at the bar or my house but there's no way in hell im devoting my entire Sunday and those resources to support the perpetual losing

Back
Top Bottom