Is Ben V. leaving Miami to work for Boston Globe? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Ben V. leaving Miami to work for Boston Globe?

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
This might be old news, but I saw on Bleacher Report that Ben V. is leaving to be Boston Globe's Patriot beat writer? Have you guys heard this? I now see where he announced it in his newspaper section on Friday, the 10th. He was the best writer for the Dolphins. He will be missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be old news, but I saw on Bleacher Report that Ben V. is leaving to be Boston Globe's Patriot beat writer? Have you guys heard this?

Yea they have talked about it for a bit on the board.

If Miami rises and takes the East over from an aging Tom Brady, talk about poor timing for poor Ben.

Get real. The Boston Globe is huge for Ben. The Boston sports market is much better than down here. Even though newspapers are kind of dinosaurs now, it's certainly an upgrade over the PBP or any of the other rags down here.

His last day was last week. I think he has 2 weeks off before he starts at the Globe. I can't remember specifically what his 1st assignment will be but it sounded pretty lame. He's a good guy, apparently a lot of people like him. Sounds like he will be missed.

I am going to miss him. Don't always agree but the man is good at what he does. Being stuck with Omar and Mando is the equivalent of the Dolphins over the last ten years.

He's a writer first and foremost. Big time career move for him. It's not a coincidence that the good have left and we're stuck with ... well, Armando and Omar.

Anyone remember Greg Bedard? He did this, left to go cover the Packers, and then left them to go cover the Patriots with the Boston Globe.

The Boston Globe is a bigger paper and he probably got a nice raise...I heard him on the radio saying he will have to buy some warm clothes.

Back
Top Bottom