Is Devlin still on the team?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Devlin still on the team??

Dolphan5876

CrookedFin
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of people talking about getting Manning and drafting another QB. Is Devlin good enough to be the 3'rd QB. Everyone knew he was on the PS, but you never really heard anything else about him, besides the fact that he scored higher than anyone else in the Gruden QB science project. Did we ever get an honest assesment of him?

I have heard a lot of people talking about getting Manning and drafting another QB. Is Devlin good enough to be the 3'rd QB. Everyone knew he was on the PS, but you never really heard anything else about him, besides the fact that he scored higher than anyone else in the Gruden QB science project. Did we ever get an honest assesment of him?
Devlin has no arm strength and he knows it so he's scared to make throws

he has been looking to breakthrough and rise above the competition this year despite being on the bottom of the list of very talented, star studded qb's.
chad henne
kevin oconnell
matt moore
sage rosenfels
jp losman

i think 2012 will be his breakout year. i can foresee devlin, kory sheets and roberto wallace leading us into very bright future for many many years to come.

i think 2012 will be his breakout year. i can foresee devlin, kory sheets and roberto wallace leading us into very bright future for many many years to come.

julius pruitt, jeron mastrud, nolan carrol should be added to the list. maybe we can even bring back donald thomas, joey haynos, and nate ness

Roberto Wallace is a beast, We goin to the Superbowl! In my madden franchise.

Yep you are right on target......he's got a weak arm, so he has very little upside at all.

Sounds like what someone would have said about 7th rounder Flynn also, before the feeding frenzy, eh?

Even Brady, when he was coming out, the word on him was he was very smart, tall, adequate arm strength, but nothing special, and could manage any offense. With some work, could be a very good backup.....how did that workout for all the teams that passed on him.

Even Brady, when he was coming out, the word on him was he was very smart, tall, adequate arm strength, but nothing special, and could manage any offense. With some work, could be a very good backup.....how did that workout for all the teams that passed on him.
are you suggesting the packers have been hiding tom brady on the bench for 4 years?

How do you know this? Besides arm strength is not everything. There are many attributes more important than arm strength: accuracy, timing, confidence/poise, leadership, winning ability, competitiveness (especially under pressure), mental skill, ability to make good decisions in game situations, etc. Every quarterback in the NFL has decent enough arm strength or they would not even have gotten that far. I hear Chad Henne has great arm strength--if that's what you are looking for. They said that Pennington had "noodle arm," but look what he did for us.

How do you know this? Besides arm strength is not everything. There are many attributes more important than arm strength: accuracy, timing, confidence/poise, leadership, winning ability, competitiveness (especially under pressure), mental skill, ability to make good decisions in game situations, etc. Every quarterback in the NFL has decent enough arm strength or they would not even have gotten that far. I hear Chad Henne has great arm strength--if that's what you are looking for. They said that Pennington had "noodle arm," but look what he did for us.
arm strength will better your accuracy and timing.

as for penny and what he did for us , heres the highlights to the playoff game, in case you missed it.
[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/09000d5d80de3994/NFL-GameDay-Dolphins-vs-Ravens-highlights[/video]

arm strength will better your accuracy and timing.as for penny and what he did for us , heres the highlights to the playoff game, in case you missed it. [video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/09000d5d80de3994/NFL-GameDay-Dolphins-vs-Ravens-highlights[/video]
How is arm strength more important than accuracy? What good is it to have strength without accuracy? That playoff game was only one game, what about the rest of the season? You can't win and play perfect in every game. Pennington brought this franchise back from the DEAD in one year.

How is arm strength more important than accuracy? What good is it to have strength without accuracy? That playoff game was only one game, what about the rest of the season? You can't win and play perfect in every game. Pennington brought this franchise back from the DEAD in one year.
i said ,having arm strength will better your accuracy and timing.

pennington was playing when we were dead right? then came the wildcat. yeah we beat 1 team w/ a winning record and a bunch of nailbiters against the pathetic teams like the niners,broncos,raiders ,seahawks, rams, chiefs and bills twice. and then played a real team and penny blew it, like he did the next year with an 0-3 start.

I never said that you have to have a strong arm to succeed. BUT, you better have some confidence in it and not be scared to make throws. Devlin has no arm and he knows it. You don't have to believe me, watch him play and then get back to me.

i said ,having arm strength will better your accuracy and timing.pennington was playing when we were dead right? then came the wildcat. yeah we beat 1 team w/ a winning record and a bunch of nailbiters against the pathetic teams like the niners,broncos,raiders ,seahawks, rams, chiefs and bills twice. and then played a real team and penny blew it, like he did the next year with an 0-3 start.
We were 1-15 and the laughing stock of the league. Winning 9 narrow must win games in a row (no matter who we played against) just to get to the playoffs shows what Pennington was made of. And he was playing with a 1-15 team. We should be glad we even made it to the playoffs (and the East Division Championship) that year. Why are you faulting him for losing the BAltimore playoff game? He tried to carry the team on his shoulders. Poor blocking, no running game, poor tackling, and he was still competitive 25-38 keeping us still fighting when we were really done 13-3 at halftime and struggling running, blocking, and defense. Hard to make completions when there is no blocking and no receivers getting open, while having to keep passing on 3rd and long all the time. I think Flacco only completed 10 out of twentysomething passes and they still kepts scoring on us as we kept giving up big plays on defense.

Back
Top Bottom