Is Geno better than Ryan.......... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Geno better than Ryan..........

It's not even close right now. Tannehill is establishing himself as a very capable starting QB. Geno has a long way to go still.

Tannehill is definitely better but its not even a fair argument because Geno has only played 5 games.

Another valid point. Geno still has a long way to go. It would be more fair to compare where he is when he's played as many games as Tannehill has. I am making a mental note to revisit this thread after week 5 of the 2014 season.

It's still way too early for either, I don't think Ryan has had as good of a game that geno had the other night but I don't think Ryan has had as bad of a game that geno had the week before. Long way to go for both.

And your boy Sanchez has never had a game as good as Geno's the other night...but he sure had worse that the week before :3w:

And your boy Sanchez has never had a game as good as Geno's the other night...but he sure had worse that the week before :3w:

That's not true, that's guy who had comebacks on the road in postseason so he's had better games and at his worst he was never worse than Geno the week before. That was a terrible performance by Geno at Tennessee.

Well..easy way to answer this. Ask a Jets fan who they would rather have.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Well..easy way to answer this. Ask a Jets fan who they would rather have.

Mark S a n c h e z but since he's not available I will reserve judgment until either player actually does something in this league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol..really?

Im a huge Neer fan..and I like Geno alot..but Id much rather have Tannehill. Ryans got a much stronger arm..is more accurate...and has a better head on his shoulders.

I think Geno can be a really good Qb as well though..and I hope things work out for him in NY and they have shoot outs for the next ten years

Geno definitely a better deep ball passer. I would bet he would have more td's to Wallace right now. It's too early to judge though..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

It's not even close right now. Tannehill is establishing himself as a very capable starting QB. Geno has a long way to go still.

Tannehill is definitely better but its not even a fair argument because Geno has only played 5 games.

Agreed. I don't even see the point in talking about this after 5 games.

That's not true, that's guy who had comebacks on the road in postseason so he's had better games and at his worst he was never worse than Geno the week before. That was a terrible performance by Geno at Tennessee.

You must have erased from your memory how bad Mark Sanchez played at Tenn last year. :lol: I don't blame you.

As bad as he was(and he was brutal) he wasn't as bad as Geno.

I wouldn't expect you to say anything less. Mark is the same guy who went 10 for 30 for 119 yards with 0TDs and 6 Ints against Buffalo, but he has never had as bad a game as Geno did against Tennessee. :lol:

I wouldn't expect you to say anything less. Mark is the same guy who went 10 for 30 for 119 yards with 0TDs and 6 Ints against Buffalo, but he has never had as bad a game as Geno did against Tennessee. :lol:

"Only" had 5 INts vs. Buf. geno had 1 less TO but each TO turned into a TD and he dropped back 15 yds to nearly get us a safety(if the defender let him take another step we have a safety) and he dropped back another 15 and went around the back to give Ten a TD. That was worse than mark vs. Buf in his first cold weather game.

According to ESPN's total QBR stat, they are both pretty close so far. Not that I love this stat.

Tannehill-44.9 QBR

Smith-43.7 QBR

Tannehill is in year 2, he should be better right now. Geno is a rookie learning a new system and the speed of the NFL. Hes made some dumb rookie mistakes, but hes also made a lot of "wow" plays that shows his talent. I think Geno is going to be better than Sanchez, but will he be a franchise QB? Still early in the season, who knows how good Geno will be or Tannehill. But lets not act like Tannehill has been a star so far.

But how about their first 5 games?

Tannehill-

169 attempts 97 completions. 57%

2 TD 5 INT

1,269 yards

1 rushing TD

Smith-

156 attempts 94 completions. 60%

7 TD 8 INT

1,289 yards

1 rushing TD

Back