Is Geno better than Ryan.......... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Geno better than Ryan..........

Just because i'm a Jets fan doesnt mean I don't look at things from an unbiased perspective. We'll agree on things and disagree on others. I'm pretty confident i'm right but I guess the only way to find out is to see what Sanchez does the next time he is given another chance to start on a different team.

Or we could evaluate where Geno is at the end of year 1 (with less talent) compared to where Sanchez was.

How about we see if Geno helps us to a title game?

Our defensive front is much better than at any time w/ Mark.

Our WRs are better(when healthy) than 2009. The group of RBs(w/ Goodson back) is as good, or better, than any we had w/ Mark and we have the best offensive mind we have had.

I hope Geno is great but it wouldn't change the fact that mark did a really good job for us and had one bad season when we had the worst healthy talent of any team in the league and Tony Sparano running the show.

Just because i'm a Jets fan doesnt mean I don't look at things from an unbiased perspective. We'll agree on things and disagree on others. I'm pretty confident i'm right but I guess the only way to find out is to see what Sanchez does the next time he is given another chance to start on a different team.

Or we could evaluate where Geno is at the end of year 1 (with less talent) compared to where Sanchez was.

You are a good poster and I like your jet fans perspective. I also enjoy reading another poster on TGG 1968jetsfan...definatly the best and most knowledgable poster over there.

According to ESPN's total QBR stat, they are both pretty close so far. Not that I love this stat.

Tannehill-44.9 QBR

Smith-43.7 QBR

Tannehill is in year 2, he should be better right now. Geno is a rookie learning a new system and the speed of the NFL. Hes made some dumb rookie mistakes, but hes also made a lot of "wow" plays that shows his talent. I think Geno is going to be better than Sanchez, but will he be a franchise QB? Still early in the season, who knows how good Geno will be or Tannehill. But lets not act like Tannehill has been a star so far.

But how about their first 5 games?

Tannehill-

169 attempts 97 completions. 57%

2 TD 5 INT

1,269 yards

1 rushing TD

Smith-

156 attempts 94 completions. 60%

7 TD 8 INT

1,289 yards

1 rushing TD

those tannehill numbers are wrong...he has 6 tds and 5 ints passing...but more than that he's played 4 at minimum solid games and one poor game...despite one of the worst olines in football and no running game...

I think thats last years #s

those tannehill numbers are wrong...he has 6 tds and 5 ints passing...but more than that he's played 4 at minimum solid games and one poor game...despite one of the worst olines in football and no running game...

He was talking about the first 5 games to start their careers.

Wasn't hard to call this one. Play like garbage in four games, put up one game against a ****ty defense missing half of its starters, and then it's back to looking awful.

He said he was trying to throw the ball away on that first interception. Really? Throwing it away right into double coverage? :lol:

That right there makes you just wonder.

I love the excuses flowing on Jets Insider and Gang Green.

"They were coming off a bye! We were coming off a short week! It was a trap game!"

Bottom line, when your team gets stomped on by an 0-4 disaster like the 2013 Steelers and your QB serves up a couple of ducks for the Steelers' first two forced turnovers of the year, maybe, just maybe, those wins against the winless Bucs, second rate Bills, and Falcons backups don't look quite so hot.

I love the excuses flowing on Jets Insider and Gang Green.

"They were coming off a bye! We were coming off a short week! It was a trap game!"

Bottom line, when your team gets stomped on by an 0-4 disaster like the 2013 Steelers and your QB serves up a couple of ducks for the Steelers' first two forced turnovers of the year, maybe, just maybe, those wins against the winless Bucs, second rate Bills, and Falcons backups don't look quite so hot.

In the game against the Bills most of their defensive secondary was either out injured or repositioned, so Geno was throwing mostly against scrubs.... and Spiller also went out in the first half; still the Bills were sufficiently pathetic that they couldn't translate the jests' embarrassingly coached 20penalties/167 yards of gifts into anything better than a 1TD loss. :idk:

he's a rookie, he was facing a LeBeau D w/ 2 weeks to prepare w/ the Jets coming off an emotional short week. It shouldn't be shocking we lost and that he struggled. I expect to win against NE on Sunday.

Made an incredibly bad decision throwing basically a jump ball to the third strong tight end in triple coverage. Very poor.

The second pick was whatever, the game was pretty much over at that point and Geno got hit as he was throwing. The ball changed direction for an easy pick. That stuff happens to every QB. He did a good job of protecting the ball under the pressure (fumble wise) but the picks are still an issue.

Dick Lebeau has an incredibly good record against rookie QB's. Next week is going to be a big test against the Patriots, this is the second time he will see Bellicheck. It's a huge game for this team.

So far i've seen Geno play very well 2 times, play solid against Tampa. Look really bad twice, and then this week he was definitely bad. It wasn't Tennessee bad but it was a step back. Like I said i'm giving him a break since it was against Lebeau but this next week is going to be a huge test. I expect him to bounce back strong in his building against the Patriots.

In the game against the Bills most of their defensive secondary was either out injured or repositioned, so Geno was throwing mostly against scrubs.... and Spiller also went out in the first half; still the Bills were sufficiently pathetic that they couldn't translate the jests' embarrassingly coached 20penalties/167 yards of gifts into anything better than a 1TD loss. :idk:

They are going to protect their guy, it's only natural. It took them years to turn on Sanchez. To be honest, I think Jets fans should be optimistic for entirely different reasons. John Idzik is doing a good job right now.

In just one year he was able to remove the Mevis distraction, acquire two blue chip players on defense, put Rex Ryan in an untenable situation that will make it possible for Idzik to fire him and bring in his own coach, and evaluate a brand new QB. If he turned out to be good, they could have kept him, and as they now discover that he blows, they can let him keep throwing away winnable football games and climb the board for a much better QB prospect in 2014.

So Jets fans should be very happy with the way the team is positioning itself to move forward, just not for any of the reasons that they are willing to admit. The only thing that's really going wrong right now is that they got a gift-wrapped win and then ran into Atlanta's third stringers. You figure they steal 3 more wins down the stretch and 6-10 isn't going to get them Teddy Bridgewater.

Back
Top Bottom