Is Gilchrist (coming off injury) a better option than Nate Allen for 8 games? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Gilchrist (coming off injury) a better option than Nate Allen for 8 games?

gcity305

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I tried to ask this in another post but I guess I worded it wrong. Nate Allen is the only projected starter that i have legitimate worries about. McDonald will be fine at the spot when he is able to play in week 9. I want to know if Gilchrist coming off injury is better than Allen? Just for 8 games. Nate worries me. No offense Nate, sorry if this is insulting. Youre wearing aqua and orange which means I love and support you BUT, unfortunately I feel your the weakest link on either side of the ball. I just want what's best for the team

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Mods, if you're gonna merge please put this title first

Would rather have Nate Allen. Gilchrist was ok when healthy but he is returning from a torn patellar tendon which is very difficult to come back from. Remember Brandon Gibson???

There should be some other safety's released along the way here and yes that injury is a hard one to overcome.

Still would be looking for Slot corner competition also, depending on who gets released.

Considering Allen's contract of 3.4M was fully guaranteed at signing, it's probably unlikely that they will do anything else at the position. It looks like TJ is just a 1.4M insurance policy to cover Jones and Allen after week 8.

I remember Nate Allen from watching the Eagles when he "gained" his reputation . He wasn't as bad as people make him out to be. That year has followed him like a dark raincloud.

Considering Allen's contract of 3.4M was fully guaranteed at signing, it's probably unlikely that they will do anything else at the position. It looks like TJ is just a 1.4M insurance policy to cover Jones and Allen after week 8.

Very possibly, but don't forget that Gase has no problem sitting anyone if he is not producing, or is not the best option out there...if Allen starts to struggle, he will hit the pine very quickly.

Very possibly, but don't forget that Gase has no problem sitting anyone if he is not producing, or is not the best option out there...if Allen starts to struggle, he will hit the pine very quickly.

By the time that happens, Gilchrist should be long gone.

There should be more vet safeties springing loose by the time camp rolls around.... Considering how deep and talented this safety class was. Gotta figure that once some of these rookies lock themselves into first teams, vets will be cut.

I do like Gilchrist next to Jones IF he's healthy and can make a full recovery though. He's pretty solid, and has the ball skills to make an impact deep in our secondary. Jets drafted two safeties high so I kind of saw that coming.

It will be interesting to see if Allen plays decently through the first half of the season do they replace him once McDonald is reinstated? I think based on McDonald's age and the fact that he could re-sign and hold down the position for a few years I think you have to get him in the lineup.

It will be interesting to see if Allen plays decently through the first half of the season do they replace him once McDonald is reinstated? I think based on McDonald's age and the fact that he could re-sign and hold down the position for a few years I think you have to get him in the lineup.

He's too good and too talented to leave off the field. That along with the fact that we like to play two safeties underneath quite a bit and that's where T.J. is at his best. Allen will be good depth once T.J. is back.

I tried to ask this in another post but I guess I worded it wrong. Nate Allen is the only projected starter that i have legitimate worries about. McDonald will be fine at the spot when he is able to play in week 9. I want to know if Gilchrist coming off injury is better than Allen? Just for 8 games. Nate worries me. No offense Nate, sorry if this is insulting. Youre wearing aqua and orange which means I love and support you BUT, unfortunately I feel your the weakest link on either side of the ball. I just want what's best for the team

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Mods, if you're gonna merge please put this title first

Question is: Are you going to stop making new posts of the Gilchrist /Allen issue if we tell you "yes"? Ok, then it is a good idea to add another injured safety to the team!

Question is: Are you going to stop making new posts of the Gilchrist /Allen issue if we tell you "yes"? Ok, then it is a good idea to add another injured safety to the team!
Look dude I wasn't getting the correct response, all I was getting was people telling me Gilchrist was injured. Couldn't delete the post and asked the Mods to merge it so thanks for busting my balls but please find something better to do

Look dude I wasn't getting the correct response, all I was getting was people telling me Gilchrist was injured. Couldn't delete the post and asked the Mods to merge it so thanks for busting my balls but please find something better to do

Sorry I'm bored !!!

Back
Top Bottom